Graviteam
April 16, 2024, 06:00:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Please don't stone me for sacrilege (War Thunders)  (Read 74934 times)
Gunnyhighway
Oberleutnant

« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

It is a work in progress, and as someone mentioned earlier "the rendering is superb" in a SFK42 post.

Then you can fly ground attack planes above the Kursk defense map and contribute a verse to the big play.

To me, an effort has been made to combine weapons system and it is a step forward toward their "full war" concept.

The only missing player right now would be the infantry.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2014, 05:04:49 AM »

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3954395/Warthunder_Ground_Forces_Open_#Post3954395

That's it it's finally coming! War Thunder Ground Force free-to-play Beta I here! MMMMMM sounds very arcady to me but I will give it a go nonetheless as I want to see how far they have pushed the balance realism versus arcade.. Wink

Downloading the 1.41 patch that allows you to play Grounds Forces.Damned!It's a 4.9GB thingy!!!!! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:49:44 AM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »

Downloading the 1.41 patch that allows you to play Grounds Forces.Damned!It's a 4.9GB thingy!!!!! Roll Eyes
I hope to see report from u with pictures Wink

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »

I will do my best Herr General!

Tried the tutorial and not overly impressed like WoT or Panzer Elite Action you have some a circle ahead of your gun which is indicates where you are aiming. Tried playing a round and the game crashed because of corrupted files and I ended up waiting for another update 700 mbs to correct the problem.... Can't say I'll be spending lots of time on that one. Especially since I got Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad for free on Steam....
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:54:27 AM by frinik » Logged
norm
Oberst

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2014, 11:31:08 PM »

Well, again, the gunsight view is much better for aiming, but I have been enjoying my time with it. Do be sure to play with the sim battle mode. So far my biggest dissapointment with the beta release is that we only have the one large map at the moment, and are stuck playing on the four little ones made for arcade... :/
Treetop
Oberleutnant

« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2014, 12:23:55 AM »

Been playing WT:GF since it's release.  As a raw, initial offering in open beta, it's actually quite good.  Teething troubles and kinks are to be expected, but overall it's a very good product.

Things to note:  particularly for the crowd that plays games like Steel Fury with mods, Simulator Mode is really the only mode to be interested in when playing WT:GF.  Arcade Mode is too much like World of Tanks and defeats the purpose, while Realistic Mode (which, BTW, isn't all that terribly realistic) is only a bit less so.

The Kursk map is the one map that everyone in the WT forums - who plays in Simulator Mode - wants to play.  It is huge!  They need to put in more maps like this.  There are other maps, but they are much smaller and are more suited to playing in Arcade Mode.  Gaijin will be releasing more large, historical maps like Kursk in the future.

The T-50 is the "low tier" seal-clubbing tank of choice so far.  That thing is a beast!  Players either love it intensely (Russian tank drivers), or loathe it deeply (German tank drivers).

I think that WT:GF is definitely worth your time.  For the record, Steel Fury with the NTA mods is still my tank game of choice, while it's not as "pretty" as WT:GF, it still looks good, and plays more realistically.  Specifically, however, I hasten to add that the actual tank handling in WT:GF is more realistic, especially in regards to hull traverse.  I've always felt that tanks hull traverse in Steel Fury is far too efficient.  They all just whip themselves around very quickly, even on soft terrain.  WT:GF models this aspect much more realistically in Simulator mode, with some tanks with poor flotation taking an eternity to turn around, which is historically acceptable.
norm
Oberst

« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2014, 02:20:17 AM »

fair enough. I am glad to hear that War Thunder plans to add vehicle interiors, but it will likely be a while.
Pulstar
Oberleutnant

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2014, 11:23:55 PM »

WarThunder is fun and isn't pay-to-win much to my delight. However the game modes are very limited at the moment. Do they plan to add extra modes? But I suppose there's only so much you can do with tanks only (and the occasional AI planes)
norm
Oberst

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2014, 04:37:19 AM »

Hopefully some more modes would be implemented, don't know, though. Would love to see some multi-stage attack/defense maps. The most pressing issue at the moment I think is a better implementation of the combined ground forces/air forces, and more large maps on the scale of Kursk. The little arcade ones grow tiresome.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2014, 02:05:54 PM »

Played the Kursk map for 2 rounds and not impressed even in simulation mode. The gun sights reticles are just crosshair for all tanks absolutely no effort to be realistic, there's no tactics just a general melee on the battlefield and every man for himself. It' like Call of Duty on tanks! With the gun play the way it is there' no time to adjust your reticle or even ambush it's just a shooter on tanks....  It's clearly it's not for me.... I can play fps which are more suited to my taste than this.
tigershuffle
Hauptmann

« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2014, 11:49:25 AM »

I mailed the devs about adding in historical reticles etc  and they confirmed its on the 'to do' list.

They want to eventually have as much detail in the tanks (gunner view only) as the cockpits of the planes.

They also would like to have crewable positions like in the bombers.....but that is more a wish than likelihood

Skiv
Oberleutnant

« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2014, 08:52:21 PM »

I was hoping for WT to be WoTkiller. Sadly it isn't. I'm not convinced of oneshot kills, in a multiplayer game. It's ok in Steel Fury. But it just doesn't work in WT. My dream would be multi in Steel Fury. That would be ballsy. Platoon of KT, one JgdTig and 2 Elefants... All controlled by human brains.
norm
Oberst

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2014, 03:39:10 AM »

Mmm, that would be an ideal thing.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2014, 01:49:44 PM »

Actually, I don't understand how possible to make fight i.e. Pz.6 II vs T-34/85  Huh? KT has a superior over soviet tank, it goes without saying.
There is only one way for such confrontation - Operation Star, Graviteam. But it'll be no tanksim anymore, it is tactics.

norm
Oberst

« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2014, 08:00:25 PM »

Not sure I'm following you there, Lockie, you mean in WT? The fellow in the T-34/85 has to play smart, and get to a position where he can hit the Tiger from it's weaker points. It goes with out saying that if you take a King Tiger head on in an 85 your dead, but play to your strengths.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »

T-34/85 has no chance vs Pz6II. This duel will not be equal.

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »

T-34/85 has no chance vs Pz6II. This duel will not be equal.

But how often during the war was it 1 T-34/85 vs 1 KT? Probably never, Thats what he mean. If there is a platoon of 3 KT they are going to face probably 10 T-34/85 =)
And that is pure tanksim!
Wot style is one vs one and there are even odds Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2014, 05:03:21 PM »

It was very situational.  On the wide open steppes, with great ranges, the odds favor the 3 KTs versus the 10 T-34.  In restricted visibility with cover and low ranges, the odds shift towards the T-34s.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pulstar
Oberleutnant

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »

I think I'm getting bored, will likely quit before unlocking the Tiger (which requires an insane amount of grinding haha) Maybe I'll revisit when they offer more modes.
O_Smiladon
Hauptmann

« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2014, 03:02:10 AM »

Hi All,
I am playing war thunder at the moment. I am enjoying it a lot more than WOT the whole game seems to flow a lot better and as for eye candy it beats WOT hands down.
There is a group of around 15 of us playing in realistic and simulator battles  (I play arcade for a bit of none serious fun) and we have a ball.

I have heard that the dev team will be making interiors for the tanks which will come in time you may have noticed when you turret blows off you see the insides of the turret this is just the start of the interiors.
All in all it’s  not to bad and a bit of fun.. Maybe I will see u on the battle field

O_Smiladon

ps hope all is well with you lockie
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: