Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 05:47:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Tweak and Shoot NTA 1.7 Beta Sounds Mod v2  (Read 47222 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: October 11, 2013, 05:22:05 AM »

Good Day Folks!

The Tweak and Shoot Sounds Mod is available for download on gamefront. Before I post the download link I am going to save people the hassle of having to search the Read Me text file( it's inside the mod next to the data folder) by posting it here below.This mod is backward compatible that is it works with NTA 1.7, 1.6, Steel panzer Mod 2.0, the Ultimate, NTA 1.4 and 1.3 if you have these older mods. Please back-up your files( common res, tech_cfg, sounds) .Use the JSGME to enable it last. Make sure you disable other sounds mods to avoid conflicts or crashes. I have made it easy for all of you by making all the changes required into the common res and tech_cfg files and including these files in the mod hence the size of it 244mbs. Just download and unzip into your MODs folder and enable.

Download link ( if prompted to enter user name and password just PM me): http://www.gamefront.com/files/23762163/Tweak_and_Shoot_NTA_1_7_Beta_

Read Me:

Tweak and Shoot Mod for NTA 1.7 Read Me.Vers. 01/10/2013

Welcome to new sounds in SF which hopefully will increase your enjoyment and immersion of the game.

1) CHANGES:

Most gun (tanks/spgs, artillery and AT) shots sounds and most of the MGs sounds as well have been changed. I created new gun categories in the common res folder to reflect the new sounds and make the changes easier to identify : kwk 42/kwk43/76mm/88mm/100mm/105mm/152mm.

New guns sounds:

-2pdr
-76m1
-76mm
-85mm
-88mm
-100mm
-105mm
-152mm
-f22
-f32
-f34
-flak36
-flak44
-kwk37
-kwk42
- kwk43
-pak35
-pak38
-pak40
-su76
-zis2
-zis4

New Machine Guns sounds:
-dt
-besa
-mg34t
-mg37
-mg37t
-maxim

Re light weapons( rifles, sturmgewehre, pistols and carbines).I tried modifying some of the sounds but I had to give up as many of the new sounds would make the missions ctds. I do intend to focus on that next.

Re the new sounds. I have used many and tested them for over the past 18 months. Some of the new sounds I had to forgo because of ctds. I only kept those which did not create any crash or incompatibility. I tried, as much as possible, to get new sounds that would be both more immersive and faithful to real original sounds. I watched so many documentaries and listened to more sounds on youtube and other media than I care to comment to ensure that the new sounds I picked would stick close to what the real guns sounded on the battlefield. However  I can’t vouch for 100% accuracy.

Re the explosion sounds. I have retained Lockie’s excellent and very immersive new explosion hits sounds. I simply culled the duplications and reorganised the remaining sounds  to reflect better the light and medium ranges sounds  for both hits and explosions.

Re egine/pillars( tracks) sounds; I introduced a few new sounds: for Tiger I , the Churchill, the Jagdtiger/Ferdinand, the Hetzer and the KV/JS family(JS-2/ISU122/KV-1s, KV2 and KV85/SU152and ISU152a variant).For others: T34s/SU85/122s, Panzer III and IVs, TigerII, Jagdpanthers, jagdpanzer and Su76 I modified somewhat the existing sounds based on what the real vehicles sounded from watching test runs conducted by tank museums or WW2 recreation events on youtube. They reflect my personal tastes. If you don’t like them you can simply substitute the tech_cfg folder I placed in the sounds mod for your own thus going back to the original engine/tracks sounds.

Re the common res and tech_cfg folders in the sounds mod. I incorporated  the smoke and fire tweaks as well as some explosion ones. As well I made some minor corrections for some gun velocity( kwk42 and kwk40 L48) and shell weight which did not match historical  data. I also slightly tweaked the AP and HE penetration values for the C53( 85 mm gun of the T34/85 and Su-85), the KwK42, the KwK43, the d25(JS2/ISS122/ISU122), the Flak44( Jagdtiger). Based on reading technical and battlefield reports the original values seemed understated. After experimenting with various values I found new ones which I feel reflect better the results of trial and battlefield reports.

I made corrections to the ammo complement of various German tanks and SPGs in the tech_cfg  in line with technical specifications. All the Tiger I variants now have 92 shells ( 60 AP 32 HE), the Tiger II has 86 ( 55 AP 31 HE), the Panther Ausf. A and D had 49 to 50( 49 or 50 AP and 30 HE) the Ausf. G has 53 (52 AP and 31 HE), the Jagdpanther had 57 to 60 shells instead of the current 75( I have retained 60 with 35 AP and 25 HE). For all German Tanks/SPGS  variants produced from spring 1943 onwards I have removed the tungsten core High Velocity Armour Piercing shells( Pzgr 40) as they were mostly discontinued in German armoured vehicles after May 1943 due to shortages of wolfram( tungsten) and molybdenum)and only issued to Pak40 and other anti-tanks guns crews. Thus whatever PZgr40 each tank was allocated I simply put a 0 value and simply increased the AP complement by the equivalent number. All pre spring 1943 German armoured vehicles still have their HVAP complement unchanged.

I also adjusted the amount of the mg bullets allocation for the Tiger II from 4800 to 5200, for the Jadpanthers  various reports indicated that they carried anywhere from 600 to 1200 cal 7.92 bullets depending on the variant. Thus I reduced the default 2500 value to 1200.

MODE OF INSTALLATION AND WARNING:

Just install the sounds mod into your MODs folder and enable last. In order to avoid any incompatibility issues with other sounds mods it is recommended to disenable any other sounds mods to avoid possible ctds. This sounds mods incorporate all sounds; both modified and original thus no other sounds folder is required. My advice is to remove all sounds folder from your game’s data folder and any other SP mod enabled. I have been working on the tweaks and new sounds for almost 2 years and I have been using many for 18 months and more. I can safely say that the changes should not create any instability issue nor ctds . One possibility is that you may experience brief stutters in game when playing some missions with heavy firing and explosions.

Have fun and enjoy and please provide criticism/comments/feedback!

Frinik.

Any issues/problems just let me know.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:35:41 AM by lockie » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 05:43:36 AM »

Splendid.  Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 05:44:37 AM »

Great work! Congratulations!

Thus whatever PZgr40 each tank was allocated I simply put a 0 value and simply increased the AP complement by the equivalent number.
This a very good decision, coz we still have ability to change the quantity of the shells (PZgr40) for the missions.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 05:55:42 AM »

Thanks Guys but let's test it first and see how it goes. It's only been tested by me so I hope it doesn't create any ctds. I haven't tested it with your latest mission pack Lockie. My own preference would have been to wait for NTA 1.7 Alpha or final release before releasing it.

I am going to download Mission pack 3.3 and test it ....

Lockie; stop producing new missions you are starting to feel like Comrade Stakhanov! Grin Neither Comrades Lenin nor Stalin are around to give you a Red Banner award...  Wink
Czarny_PLone
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »

I can not download this file  Embarrassed
He writes that the file is only 354kB and nothing happens   Sad

Frank could save the file to 4Shared ?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 05:57:50 PM »

Frank? Who I Frank?Huh?Huh?

I checked my download page and the size of the mod is 238.2 mbs. Here' another link below. I copied the download page on Gamefront at the bottom of my post and it clearly says the size of the mod is 238.2 mbs...

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23762163/Tweak_and_Shoot_NTA_1_7_Beta_zip

Tweak and Shoot NTA 1.7 Beta.zip

Description:
Show All

File Name:Tweak and Shoot N[...] 1.7 Beta.zipFile Size:238.2 MBDate Added:10-10-2013Download Last 2 Week:26Downloads All Time:26Popularity:20.61%
Download 'Tweak and Shoot NTA 1.7 Beta.zip'
Czarny_PLone
Hauptmann

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 06:44:11 PM »

Frank? Who I Frank?Huh?Huh?

I checked my download page and the size of the mod is 238.2 mbs. Here' another link below. I copied the download page on Gamefront at the bottom of my post and it clearly says the size of the mod is 238.2 mbs...

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23762163/Tweak_and_Shoot_NTA_1_7_Beta_zip

Tweak and Shoot NTA 1.7 Beta.zip

Description:
Show All

File Name:Tweak and Shoot N[...] 1.7 Beta.zipFile Size:238.2 MBDate Added:10-10-2013Download Last 2 Week:26Downloads All Time:26Popularity:20.61%
Download 'Tweak and Shoot NTA 1.7 Beta.zip'

Hmm, still I can not download  Sad
I have options when you click download but nothing happens  Huh?
Unfortunately, no test  Undecided
Links from 4shared beautifully suck but here I have an outstanding issue  Huh?

Frinik you have another link for download ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:48:09 PM by Czarny_PLone » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »

May be antivirus block the content?

Czarny_PLone
Hauptmann

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 07:05:15 PM »

May be antivirus block the content?
still nothing Sad
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 07:06:07 PM »

Frinik you have another link for download ?

No unfortunately not. I used to have a file4 share account but it was hacked and all my stuff was removed. Now no more File4 share for me!
Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 01:43:20 AM »

Download worked for me. Does this supersede: fix_SPM(NTA_1.7)_04?

1) Is there a parameter that changes the amount of smoke the main gun produces? This would be nice for spotting allied tanks as they produce more then the german tanks and the challenge of acquiring of targets after firing as an allied tank. I've messed with items #14 and #15 in the weapons parameter too no avail.

2) I've made some personnel mods (Churchill w/QF95, StuH42, FireFly, Sturmtiger, etc), I would like to change the range gradients of some sights. I tried the in game SF_ObjEditor to work with/convert (??) the *.go files, but nothing shows up. I only have photo shop and ZModeler as far as graphic tools, couldn't find a plug-in. At the moment I'm using a text matrix on my iPad to use existing in game range sights Roll Eyes ...it does add to the drama while under fire Cheesy
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 02:21:58 AM »

Hi Frinik,

First of all, thank you very much for the new version of your mod !!  Smiley

I have seen in your post that you say:

"This mod is backward compatible that is it works with NTA 1.7, 1.6, Steel panzer Mod 2.0, the Ultimate, NTA 1.4 and 1.3 if you have these older mods."

I want to ask if that is really possible for a mod that includes the "common_res.engcfg" file and the *.engcfg files of the tech_cfg folder. For example, in NTA 1.7 several tanks have more LODs (mesh_lods =) than in Steel panzer Mod 2.0. Which number of LODs are you going to set in your *.engcfg file? And I am sure that there are several other things that are also different and that will eventually create problems. My point is that a mod that includes those files can be done just for a single mod (for example for NTA 1.7) and in that case it must take as starting point strictly the *.engcfg files of NTA 1.7. If you don't follow that procedure and mix *.engcfg files of different mods then a lot of the fixes of NTA 1.7 will be undone by your mod and probably a lot of instabilities will arise for sure.

Lockie, Kyth what is your opinion on this topic?

BTW, I am using a software named "Beyond Compare" (http://www.scootersoftware.com/) that allows to do a quick comparison of different files and highlights the changes between them. By using this utility I can see that there are important differences between your *.engcfg files and those of NTA 1.7 that indicate that you have used files from other mods as starting point for your mod. That's why I am concerned with all of this...

In any case, thank you very much again for all your work in the mod. I am just trying to help here....

Txema
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 05:03:21 AM »

Lockie, Kyth what is your opinion on this topic?

All depends on the sequence of activation.
Since the common_res and tech_cfg files are all included in the Tweak mod, they'd overwrite the earlier versions in 1.6, SPM 2.0, NTA 1.4 and NTA1.3, thus compelling them to be compatible.  Smiley You'd just need to activate the Tweak mod last.

To be sure, for compatibility with NTA 1.7, you might need to activate any subsequent updates, after the Tweak mod.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 05:14:32 AM »

Hi Txema, I used the File compare program to ensure that the common res files in the mod are on par with NTA 1.7 .There are minor differences as I made adjustments to some values but unless you have a totally different version of NTA 1.7 then I don't see how my common res files are from other mods since I used the common res files emailed to me by Lockie?Huh?

The tech_cfg files that I have are also from NTA 1.7. I also made modifications to them adjusting some values( shells and bullets etc, changing links to sounds( tracks and engines).

Now I am releasing it now a little bit against my own best judgment .My own inclination was to release it as part of the final or Alpha release of NTA 1.7 and actually include it ion that release rather than release it as stand alone mod. I used it myself but not as a stand alone as part of my NTA 1.6 and 1.7 installs and I have no problems.I asked others to test it but never heard from them... Roll Eyes

That being said nobody is obliged to use it . If you have qualms then don't use it. If you want to try it out my advice is to make a copy of your game and test it. Report any problem to me and I 'll do my very best to address or solve it. In fact Txema with that program of yours can you merge files? Because If you can then I would appreciate if you could merge the tech_cfg files from the T and S mod with those you have and email the result to me so I can examine it???

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:23:58 AM by frinik » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 06:50:00 AM »

Hi Guys, I found a bug in the new sounds mod. It has to do with that cursed Tiger Ausf H1. It shouldn't have any impact on your game except when you try to play that Tiger H1 or possibly the Tiger SS. The good thing is all it takes is changing 2 tech_cfg files in the tech_cfg folder of the mod. I have made the correction required and tested it( just 5 minutes prior to writing this post in fact tested ) and everything is fine now with the Tiger H1. I am going to create  zip file for the 2 tech_cfg files that need to replace those in the mod and post them on Gamefront. All you need to do is unzip these 2 files and paste them into the tech_cfg folder instead of the 2 files that are there( it's the tiger and tiger files).It's 5 minutes work at most. Smiley

All right, the 2 corrected tech_cfg files are available for download. Here's the link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23766078/tec_cfg_corrected_NTA_1_7_zip
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 06:56:56 AM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 07:00:09 AM »

2) I've made some personnel mods (Churchill w/QF95, StuH42, FireFly, Sturmtiger, etc)
It sounds fantastic! Could u enclose a couple screens?

I would like to change the range gradients of some sights.
I may help u with gunsight creating/adjusting. Just give me a scheme, field of view, magnification and of course model Smiley
I've made a special polygons, where u've ability to adjust gunsight according to the distance and target dimensions.

I am using a software named "Beyond Compare" (http://www.scootersoftware.com/) that allows to do a quick comparison of different files and highlights the changes between them.
It's a very interesting! I'll give it a try. At the current moment I'm using `ExamDiff Pro 4.5.2.0` to compare the files content.

PS
Right now I've tested `Beyond Compare3.1.6` and I may say this is a magic utility!!! Txema, why u didn't post info abt this one early?  Angry
Just kidding Cheesy Thank u very much for this a VERY useful and comfortable utility!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 07:27:06 AM by lockie » Logged

Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »

2) I've made some personnel mods (Churchill w/QF95, StuH42, FireFly, Sturmtiger, etc)
It sounds fantastic! Could u enclose a couple screens?

I would like to change the range gradients of some sights.
I may help u with gunsight creating/adjusting. Just give me a scheme, field of view, magnification and of course model Smiley
I've made a special polygons, where u've ability to adjust gunsight according to the distance and target dimensions.

Sorry to say I've done no graphical changes only weapons, ammo, sounds and tech_cfg tweaks. Example putting a 17pdr or 105 and it's ammo, armor,weight, etc for the already in game sherman, all through the JSGME so it's easily to update and revert back to the 76mm. As far as sights I was thinking of just changing the graphical numbers...if you could give me the info/files I'll try messing around with them and send everything to you when done...I wouldn't want you to have to spend the time at the firing range...I've concluded to give load-outs of 100+ of each round to figure it out...the maths don't work as well as the game environment.
Czarny_PLone
Hauptmann

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »

Unfortunately, I have to let go because I do not have Mod physical possibilities Download it  Angry
With Gamefront I can not even to two computers download anything from this server  Angry
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »

Sorry to say I've done no graphical changes
OK, I see. Here's a tutor how to make gunsight, it's in russian.
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=60094

This is my source files as example.
http://www.4shared.com/get/FZsLFyQ7/reticle_stug.html

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 03:04:34 PM »

With Gamefront I can not even to two computers download anything from this server
Try `tor browser`
https://www.torproject.org/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: