Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 10:04:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission: Save general Frinikenko! (M3 halftrack)  (Read 31104 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: October 11, 2013, 02:11:59 PM »

Let's try another mission where the main hero will be american apc M3 halftrack. The mission is ready for about 40%. Polygon already prepared, units placed, triggers works. There is only one need: tank Pz-IF, american truck and tank M26 8) I hope comrade yl9961027 will help me with american vehicles Wink Also I'm thinking to add a special M3 halftrack for that mission, but didn't decided yet.

There is a short story, which we can read thanks to our famous writer and historian Mr. Frinik! The scenario of the mission based on the real action, but it was hidden in the archive and only thanks to SF appearing we've ability to see how it was Cheesy

Early July 1944, Soviet general Vasya Frinikenko was sent by Generalissimos Stalin to liaise with the Allies who landed in Normandy 4 weeks before. The objective: to co-ordinate simultaneous Soviet and Allies operations in both West (Anvil) and East (Bagration) to deny the Germans any breathing space and bring about a collapse of the Wehrmacht on both fronts.
The Sicherheitsdienst, aware of the plan, managed to capture the General near the Norman French village of Ste Mere-Sy-Bocout. He is being detained at a local Gestapo holding cell to be interrogated. The Soviets wanted to send a special team to rescue him dead or alive logistically they don't have the means.Thus called urgently on the Americans for help. If the Germans manage to make General Frinikenko talk the result would be disastrous as he knows in depth the future Soviet offensive plans in the East designed to destroy Group Army Centre in Belorussia. The soviet group of diversants was sent to liberate Vasya Frinikenko. On the way back they were trapped, but managed to send a radio-message: Taking fire, need some help! Stalin is furious but agrees to let the Americans deal with the rescue of the General. This way if they will take the losses and if they fail they are the ones who will be blamed.
US General Abram Rabinovic ordered to Combat Command under the order of Major Al "Lackie" Entolex to break through the German lines, head for Ste Mere-Sy-Bocout and free the General from German captivity before the SD can break him.

Here's a test version.
Installation order: (through JSGME)
1. Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG) link #1, link #2
2. Upd_Sept_2013(NTA) link #2 (3 mods merged in one: SPM1.5beta+UltimatUpdate+Update_November2012)
3. Sound Mod (NTA) 1.0 compilation of the sounds, which adjusted to the same format: 44kHz, 16bit, mono.
4. Missions pack v1.1(optional)
5. Missions pack v2.1(optional)
6. SPM (NTA) 1.7.1 alpha (fix_04 included)
7. Mission_Pack_3.3b
8. UpdNov_2013
Start the game ->Campaigns ->Mission Pack 3.3b ->Save general Frinikenko!

Special thanks to:
- Frinik (as a famous scenario writer!)
- Txema (for his excellent quotations!)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:49:56 PM by Krabb » Logged

Provocative signature removed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:28:49 AM »

First new vehicle, which will take a part in the mission is Pz-IF. Now this tank in the processes of the armor assigning.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:30:34 PM »

A measly Panzer IF to stop the rescue of Gen Frinikenko???Against an M-26 and in mid 1944!!!!This is an insult! I want at least a Tiger II. Angry
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 02:52:10 PM »

A measly Panzer IF to stop the rescue of Gen Frinikenko???
C'mon Pz-IF didn't take a part in the regular battle. This unit was designed specially for the rear part of the front - i.e. to fight against partisanen or saboteurs/diversants in our case. German didn't suppose that american send so strong Command. Of course, when they receive a signal that enemy attack with a large forces they will call a reinforcement:
- JPanters
- Pz VI B
or whatever at the high balance Wink

Against an M-26 and in mid 1944!!!!This is an insult! I want at least a Tiger II. Angry
OK, OK Cheesy
I'll refuse the M26 and replace them on a couple of Shermans plus 2-3 M36. Does it suit? Wink
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:00:09 PM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »

I'll refuse the M26 and replace them on a couple of Shermans plus 2-3 M36. Does it suit? Wink

Throw in the US 3rd Army and I may reconsider.... 8)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 04:13:22 PM »

Throw in the US 3rd Army and I may reconsider.... 8)
Deal!

And finally armor map is almost ready!

I decided to change the color of the "baby-tiger"  Smiley

Model has 3LOD's and the total quantity of triangles is ~ 34000, which is perfect for the game engine.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:50:33 AM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »

With this "baby" Tiger all you can shoot are ....bricks.... Grin
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »

With this "baby" Tiger all you can shoot are ....bricks.... Grin
Grin Grin Grin
Anyway, AFAIK all vehicles mostly never used for the purposes, which they designed for Wink

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 08:26:49 PM »

Tank Pz-IF is now available in the mission editor!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:38:42 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 09:28:45 PM »

Do they know what the name of this tank Huh?   Tongue

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 10:10:06 PM »

It`s Stuart M5 I think....
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 10:17:05 PM »

It`s Stuart M5 I think....
U got me, partner!  8)

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 05:37:07 AM »

Is it coming to SF?Huh? BTW way when is the M-26 coming???With the Frinikenko mission??? Is it Comrade"s  yl9961027 work?Huh?Huh?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 07:24:56 AM »

Tank `Stuart` will be ideal for the `desert mod`! M26 needs a good mission to be implemented! Stay tuned on Wink
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:37:02 AM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 09:13:27 AM »

Third US Army finally received a trucks GMC, according to the request by General Frinikenko Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:22:38 AM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 10:09:02 AM »

Towarich General Frinikenko made it clear that if no trucks made by free Soviet workers are available he would consent using vehicles made by the exploited proletarian masses of the decadent Bourgeois war-mongering West.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »

`Baby-tiger` is ready, but has one problem Sad Unfortunately, u can't use a key `R`(reload). If u press, then one MG will become unavailable. At this moment u can shoot from the left gun as main (don't press `R`), right gun works as usual MG.
In fact, to shoot from both guns u've to press `space` and `enter` simultaneously. To say the truth, it's not comfortable, but very funny Smiley

May be I should make a main gun as a fake? (i.e. without cartridges)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:08:27 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 07:12:55 PM »

Let's get started! Wink

Straight away I got CTD before mission d/l. As it appeared u can't use the word `map_***` as a backimage in the section `map`. When I started the mission, of course all triggers didn't work and behavior of the units were incorrect Smiley
But it doesn't matter, coz first turn I'm interested how M3 does under user control.
Well, it works quite acceptable and great adjusted! U can shoot from both MG and u can drive the vehicle.
The halftruck is a very bad obey to the command. To turn right/left it takes 1minute, meanwhile in the place of driver u can maneuverer a very quick. And there is a very big problem at the driver and radist places - I can't close the forward hatch Sad In fact, all members of crew are almost unprotected before enemy fire. So, u've to be a VERY carefully moving to the initial point. Anyway, let's see what we can do! Wink

PS
A new short video enclosed!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:02:47 AM by lockie » Logged

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »

those uniforms man. They need a changin.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »

those uniforms man. They need a changin.
Be my guest! Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: