Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:50:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Which way do you prefer to play multiplayer games?  (Read 77526 times)
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« on: December 11, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Graviteam/posts/634539829938628

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »

Hi,

I'm not on Facebook but my answer is that I don't play online games it's not something that I personally enjoy.

Kind regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 11:12:36 PM »

Direct connection, only in games that are not clickfests.  A good example is the Command Ops series by Panther games.  It's pace is amenable to real time direct connection.  I suspect it would work well with GTOS.
Otherwise I like PBEM by exchanging files.  It works well in games like Combat Mission.  Don't know if it would work with GT Tactics games.

Bring back 3D markers!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:55:31 PM »

Direct connect. Please tell me they are inquiring for a future multiplayer Graviteam Tactics.  Shocked
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 12:50:11 AM »

Seems obvious.  Unless it's some cruel Slavic trick.

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 12:55:26 AM »

They have wanted to do it for awhile.  It was cash woes and the perceived small market stuff that prevented it.  Looks like something changed.

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 01:53:15 AM »

Direct connect is fine with me also  8) Cheesy

What does Graviteam want to do concerning multi player?
I remember a discussion about it a few years ago that if they did go MP it would be for Quick Battles only.
I got my hopes up there for awhile until they said they didn't think it would generate enough income to pay for itself.

If Graviteam is seriously  considering MP,what changed their mind and how would they like to implement it?

I'd like more details please.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 04:27:41 AM »

I bet a publisher went....this is a GREAT game.  WHAT no MP?   Tongue

Well it would be hard....although I do not think impossible to pull of an MP campaign.  BUT..... I do not think that many people would play such a thing.  HOWEVER.  An MP scenario....something a bit MORE than simple qb would be quite nice.  But MP and Mius or GTOS.... I think I would be glued into MP. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 05:00:17 AM »

Oh I don't care how they introduce MP as long as they do it!
I'd love to share the experience of this game with someone other than the AI and myself.

I'm mainly curious as to why the sudden change of heart.
I was convinced that we would never see MP with this game. Shocked

If this does become a reality,I'm pretty certain I won't play anything else Grin
This is already my favorite game and MP would make it my only favorite game.

Hopefully this will happen so I can start kicking some human ass in this game! Tongue Grin Cheesy
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 07:19:44 AM »

Direct connection please and a very big thank you for the rethink on MP.

hamrock
Major

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »

Oh I don't care how they introduce MP as long as they do it!
I'd love to share the experience of this game with someone other than the AI and myself.

I'm mainly curious as to why the sudden change of heart.
I was convinced that we would never see MP with this game. Shocked

If this does become a reality,I'm pretty certain I won't play anything else Grin
This is already my favorite game and MP would make it my only favorite game.

Hopefully this will happen so I can start kicking some human ass in this game! Tongue Grin Cheesy

What Dane said.  MP brings a whole new aspect to a game.  But I do prefer PBEM. You just get your arse kicked in slow time.  Far less painful
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 02:08:32 PM »

It's just a poll for cognitive purposes  Cheesy
But whatever happens - no turn based heresy, no sence to offer, hint or to ask. Goal of the game is a simulation, not chess. Only real-time solutions as in real world.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 03:44:47 PM »

Any chance this (mp) might find it's way to Steel Armour Blaze of War Andrey?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 03:49:42 PM »

Any chance this (mp) might find it's way to Steel Armour Blaze of War Andrey?
The rights to this game go back to us, it will happen at the end of the decade. Prior to this early to say anything concrete on any topic.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:20:56 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »

What I'd like to see is the ability to have a military structure, all staffed by humans.  The overall commander in a battalion sized battle is a Lt. Col.  His company commanders would be Captains.  All would be human player positions.  The platoons and squads could be handled by the ai.  They would have to communicate with each other in a realistic manner over wire, radio or messenger.  This is much like how the Civil War game, Scourge of War-Gettysburg, can be played.  Of course people fudge things and use Team Speak for comms.

You could have an iron man mode wherein, as commander, you can't see anymore of the battlefield than what you can see from your command vehicle, or perhaps a Storch circling above the area.  You would have your maps updated by an ai staff, from reports received from your subordinates.

Bring back 3D markers!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 04:52:04 PM »

I'd love to see a 2vs2 or more. I know baby steps.

But still......
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 04:24:55 AM »

Single player only gamer..Unless it's something like Red Orchestra where you can dip in and out whenever you feel like it.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »

Whichever the normal way game do multi on the list gets my vote, direct connection I guess.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »

I think most people mean IP4?  Direct connection is LAN?  I want to play Andrey and Dane.  =)

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 01:08:39 AM »

I would like to play Andrey also.
With me as a Russian tank platoon commander and him as a German Infantry company commander Smiley Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: