Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 01:15:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Playable BMP-1 with ATGMs  (Read 31055 times)
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 12:41:15 PM »

Yeah I guess there's the issue of the turret being big enough that it should be usable as cover and collide with stuff and I guess the Armor map still will think the turret is on the tank for future shots.

I reckon there are still things small enough that don't detach that could be blown off without needing collision coding though.  Such as the wheels (car and tank), the hatches, the AA machine gun, smoke launchers, doors, AT guns could be broken up too,  Also pieces could be not always be detached competently but rotated randomly a bit so they're "bent" or loose.

For the turret have you considered a catastrophic explosion shifting the turret but not detaching it?  Like lowering one side into the hull a bit.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »

You show a video of a turret exploding off an APC in one of the games you produce.  In the above referenced discussion, you said that it did not happen often enough in reality to waste programming effort on.
Yes of course. But I dont say about programming (obvious that if there is an opportunity to make flying parts, it is possible detach anything) I was talking about "making good". To be good need to add: collision with a turret, armor penetration accounting for turret, correct response from crew, as well as the visual part - the interior of the tank and turret. Without all this is just for fun, nothing more.

Ok, now I see what you're saying.

Bring back 3D markers!
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »

extremely interested in how comrade got those vehicles playable. but sukhoi forum is down, maybe forever.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 05:29:18 PM »

He added a cocpits.cfgpack entry I guess. Wink This entry should be added to the unit in div_units_misc.cfgpack. Also, qbattle.cfgpack needs some entry that the unit is playable, or something like that.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 11:18:22 PM »

thanks. very good. i investigate now  Grin
HerrKlaus
Oberleutnant

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:03 AM »

The link is dead. Could someone upload this mod?
Nokturnal
Hauptmann

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 08:05:22 AM »

The link is dead. Could someone upload this mod?

Sure!

I should point out that I only got the initial released version. Not sure if any updates were made, I don't think there were though. This is 0.5.

Here you go:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78627297/BMP1%2BT34-85.7z
HerrKlaus
Oberleutnant

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 11:41:30 AM »

Many thanks!!! downloading
HerrKlaus
Oberleutnant

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 03:08:20 PM »

Thank you bro! It's working! ))))
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2015, 06:53:50 PM »

Dont forget, you can also control T55 with this mod!  8)
Nokturnal
Hauptmann

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »

Thank you bro! It's working! ))))

Happy to help mate. Smiley And yes as Xambrium said, it's not just the BMP which is worth a look.  Wink
disco4hit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 05:00:11 AM »

does this work with coreupdate581 and Aug12beta3patch ?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 01:03:36 PM »

does this work with coreupdate581 and Aug12beta3patch ?

As of this second that is probably all it would work with. 

Yabba dabba do
disco4hit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 10:05:59 PM »

As of this second that is probably all it would work with. 
[/quote]

Is there anywhere that explains how to install this ? i will download now and see if there is a readme. i have seen somewhere some people use jsgme in this game? i have use it in other games is it just put jsgme.exe in root folder of sabow and let it create mod folder..place mod in there, activate it through jsgme and then activate it using the the "update" feature in the game?
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2015, 01:56:13 AM »

you don't use jsgme for any Graviteam game. just the updater

disco4hit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 03:55:31 AM »

ok how do i get it to show up in the updater? the readme says not much besides make sure this mod is above all other updates
Nokturnal
Hauptmann

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 09:25:10 AM »

ok how do i get it to show up in the updater? the readme says not much besides make sure this mod is above all other updates
Open the updater, you will have some buttons on the bottom left - click Install and locate the .gt2extension file assuming you got it from the link I provided, it should be titled:
BMP1+T34-85+GT.gt2extension

Once you've done this, it'll install it - a clock will appear and once it's gone, it's done. There's no 'done' message so just take a look at the updater list. It should now be visible in the updater, I'd show what it says but my keyboard will not allow such fancy characters (it's not Cyrillic though) and it doesn't actually have BMP in the title, just t-34-85.
Anyway, do as the readme says now and move the file up the list. Hit save and play (important, without saving you have to re-install the mod).

Then it may be a bit of trial and error as to how to place the BMP in a QB match. The mod wasn't finished, so it's not clear which is which vehicle - or it wasn't for me, just a lot of question marks if I recall, but it has been a while since I played SABoW properly so this may be my fault.

Hope that helps!
disco4hit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »

Open the updater, you will have some buttons on the bottom left - click Install and locate the .gt2extension file assuming you got it from the link I provided, it should be titled:
BMP1+T34-85+GT.gt2extension

Once you've done this, it'll install it - a clock will appear and once it's gone, it's done. There's no 'done' message so just take a look at the updater list. It should now be visible in the updater, I'd show what it says but my keyboard will not allow such fancy characters (it's not Cyrillic though) and it doesn't actually have BMP in the title, just t-34-85.
Anyway, do as the readme says now and move the file up the list. Hit save and play (important, without saving you have to re-install the mod).

Then it may be a bit of trial and error as to how to place the BMP in a QB match. The mod wasn't finished, so it's not clear which is which vehicle - or it wasn't for me, just a lot of question marks if I recall, but it has been a while since I played SABoW properly so this may be my fault.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Nokturnal! it was easier than i thought...just very weary of screwing up my game after having to re download it 2 times.
Шун
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2015, 06:08:04 PM »

Есть версия посвежее (убраны кое-какие явные баги)
There fresher version (removed some obvious bugs):

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11453.msg42794#msg42794

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:25:24 PM by Шун » Logged

Spoiler:
AMD FX-4350 Black Edition Quad-Core Processor 4.2 ГГц,
Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING 8GB,
Asus MG279Q Gaming Monitor IPS 144 Гц,
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 4.1),
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600МГц) 2x4GB,
SSD Ultimate SU900 Series + WD Caviar Black 1ТБ SATA 6Гб/с
Windows 10 Pro 64
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 06:03:03 AM »

OK Шун.  here is a question for you.  How to pronounce your name.  Cause it looks like Shawn in English.  Random yes? 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: