Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 08:45:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't install on Win7 - APK1943  (Read 8004 times)
rotbaron
Oberleutnant

« on: December 21, 2013, 03:03:32 PM »

Hi, I purchased a new in box copy of APK1943. I can't get this game to install. I have tried running as administrator and it acts like it's beginning the install but then the in game install screen exits out to the desktop and shows the directory folder, and the little blue ((usually)not responding) circle runs indefinitely. I have tried compatibility mode and changed it to XPSP2 and still the same thing. I also tried copying the CD's contents to a desktop folder and running as admin/in XP compatibility mode and still get the same results as I mentioned previously.

I have seen many other posts, where users are able to achieve installation with the methods above, but none of them work for me. Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »

Run the exe as admin?

Install on different HD?

Whatever you do, don't install in (x86)Program Files.

Good luck.

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »

Exactly what tanker said.  Known issue with win7.  Its REALLY annoying. 

Try this. 

Copy pasting the WHOLE game directory out of programs and installing in right under C or whatever your drive letter is. 

Or install it off the dvd again and make sure it does NOT EVER go to the program folder. 

Apart from that VARY odd.  Unless the DVD is somehow damaged.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 03:43:20 PM »

I wonder if its missing a microsoft virtual library?

Yabba dabba do
rotbaron
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 01:14:02 AM »

Thank you for the responses.

I only have one hard drive on this computer.

At this point after setting the compatibility to XPSP2 it will allow me to begin the install. However shortly after initializing the install it kicks me to the desktop and shows the file folder where I came from with the little blue circle. Although it never gives me the "not responding" message, it does not ever recover. It hangs endlessly. When I open windows task manager it shows that there is an instance of APK1943 trying to install, (hence) I'd imagine the open folder for install. On that open folder I can't even close it or minimize. It has to be closed from the task manager, however the setup.exe instance will not End Task in the TM. I have to restart windows.

I'll try a few more times and vary my methods. The fact that it is attempting to install without giving me an error is some progress from where I was.
rotbaron
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 09:06:09 PM »

None of it has worked. Many different variations and attempts. Many videos on youtube of people getting it to work. It won't for me though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: