Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 12:32:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question regarding German Play Indie Steel Armor Blaze of War (updates?)  (Read 5591 times)
spillblood
Oberleutnant

« on: January 06, 2014, 02:07:28 AM »

Hey, I got the German retail version of Steel Armor Blaze of War. There's a problem with it: Updates that can be obtained on Graviteam.org and here on the forums don't work, the update function only accepts .addon files, and when I install the core update, the game won't launch. I can't find any patches or Internet page from the retail company.
Another thing I don't like is the atrocious German translation. Any way to get an English language version or to switch the game's language without having to buy it a second time? I'd like to apply those updates, but can't at the moment.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 03:24:00 AM »

This comes up from time to time.  After my mind has dumped the how too part.  Graviteam only made unofficial patches for Russian and English versions.  BUT...people have gotten the German version patched to English.  There should be post on the how to around here somewhere.  In theory all that has to happen is that before applying the english patches you need to rename the German txt pack from Ger to eng.  In practice it seems you need to do that AND use a free hex editor to then rename everything for ger to English in game.  According to posts I read it took like 15 minutes.  Alas that is all I know.

Hopefully I left a link on old posts here to the OLD how to over on sim hq.   

The reason for this is the publisher UIG is a bit crazy.  They have a weird idea about patches and forbidding gravi from doing anymore unofficial patches. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 03:28:14 AM »

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11209.0   

This guy got it working...

Just for the record in case somebody needs it. I eventually figured out how to convert the German edition to English: there are probably easier ways of doing it, but I could not find them and this is the way I did it.

1) install german edition (v. 1.0)

2) goto ...\Steel Armor\data\mtc80\

3) rename the folders "loc_ger" and "loc_ger - 1.0" to "loc_eng" and "loc_eng - 1.0"

4) goto ...\Steel Armor\data\mtc80\dev_updates\loc_ger and rename to ...\loc_eng (not sure if this is necessary or not, but I did it)

5) get a free hex editor (there are many available, I use XVI32)

6) basically check all files within ...\Steel Armor\data\mtc80\ (including subfolders), search for the string "loc_ger" and replace all of them with "loc_eng". This is the most boring part of the process, but actually many files (textures, videos, polygons, icons, and many data files) do not contain the string, so it can be done in 10-15 minutes.

7) apply the core update provided by graviteam

8) apply the march beta patch

9) start the game: it is in English, patched up and everything works (as far as I have seen so far).

Lars

Yabba dabba do
spillblood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 09:16:02 AM »

Thanks! Sounds pretty complicated, but I'll give it a try.
Bought the game because I already have Achtung Panzer/Gravteam Tactics Op Star (which is quite awesome!) and knew that Steel Armor is from the same developers.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »

It should not be that bad. 

A few months back someone  else on this board got it working.  Let us know how it goes.

Yabba dabba do
spillblood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 04:09:14 PM »

Sorry that I'm replying this late. It didn't work. I renamed the files, applied the core update and the march beta update, but the game doesn't start and I get some bug report with question marks as a result. The updater in my version seems to be russian language (because it only shows question marks on all buttons.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 10:04:47 PM »

English update&patch:
http://graviteam.com/SABOW/gte2_core_update_eng_v581.exe
http://graviteam.com/SABOW/mtc80_sabow_patch_aug12_eng_beta3.gt2extension

Microsoft VC redist you have to install before these.

See the wiki (it's for GTOS, but the install system is similar.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: