Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 11:46:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: replay option in gtos?  (Read 6839 times)
Fracchione
Oberleutnant

« on: March 30, 2014, 07:07:17 AM »

how come this guy can make these AMAZING videos without such option ingame?

is such immersive detail achievable otherwise?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 07:40:30 AM »

Its always happening.  Record everything and then edit later.  You may miss something nifty, but something else nifty will happen another time. 

Someone should give that guy a steam key so he can post on the page.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 08:12:45 PM »

I can't believe this thread missed my attention. I'm flattered and I'm glad you liked my video. Smiley

As Flashburn already said, there's no real secret in making one, because there's a lot of interesting action going on during each battle. The only trick is to maintain global awareness and foresee where those interesting bits of action may happen. You only have one chance to film them, just like in war documentaries, so it's of critical importance to know where to place your camera before the cool things begin to happen. But your main advantage is the pause button, so pause frequently and roam through the battlefield a lot. Pick areas of interest that you think may bring you some interesting material and focus your attention on them. But do not loose situation awareness! You still need to command your troops and scan the whole battlefield. Adhere to film making grammar rules when setting up the camera for a shot and plan forward the scene.

Finally, go through the whole recording and extract only what you think is worth of people's attention. But at the same time keep in mind that the material must be, even if remotely, coherent.

Edit the stuff in an video editing program (I used Lightworks for this particular video) and that's basically it.
Saint19
Major

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:33:20 PM »

Just saw these.  Very nice. How do you get the menu/interface buttons out of the way?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »

Controls menu 12.07-Interface Display Mode.

I don't remember what it is now because I changed it to my Z key. But look there and see what it is, and change it if you like to make it easier to indentify.
eniced73
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 07:16:11 PM »

Any thoughts or consideration on adding a turn based replay into the game?  I know this is not Combat Mission but I believe if this was programmed in that you could potentially gain a lot of customers to the series.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 01:24:32 AM »

Any thoughts or consideration on adding a turn based replay into the game?  I know this is not Combat Mission but I believe if this was programmed in that you could potentially gain a lot of customers to the series.

Andrey mentioned once that graviteam wasn't interested in adding any software to the game that would compete with the memory intensive graphics already being used in GTOS and if memory capability did increase in the standard PC they would use that extra memory to increase the graphics and add more units to a battle instead of replay capture software.

I use bandi cam during some battles and noticed a big hit on my FPS when it's on.

Turns in GTOS for a campaign or battle are anywhere from 30 mins to 3 hours x any other battles that may occur during that 4 hour turn that the game mainly represents during a campaign. This game doesn't do the 2 min turn sequence that CM allows and i've often wondered if that replay option in CM is why they can never improve their graphics.

GTOS has a pause feature which allows you stop the game at anytime and even uses a time stamp to click on to take your camera to any hot spot on the battlefield to set up shots for any 3rd party video capture software you add to your PC programs  and is the closest you're going to get to replay with this game in its present mode. The game also allows you to lock the camera on individual soldiers,vehicles and guns.

Another thing to consider is this game is a real time simulation and not 2 min turns, and a huge allure for me and others to this game is the fact that you as the commander are operating in real time and aren't privy to every single battlefield occurance and have to act only with the information you have on hand at that particular moment and this extra fog of war adds plenty of real time suspense to the game that you wouldn't get from a 2 min turn game.

This debate was brought up once before about 2 years ago and Andrey nixed the idea, and I've not seen anything posted here since then that leaves me to believe Graviteam has changed their mind about adding a replay option to this game.

Moderatorial: quotation fixed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:05:44 PM by Krabb » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 10:36:15 PM »

Any thoughts or consideration on adding a turn based replay into the game? 
Oh no. No more turn-based than operational phase.
For turn-based we made another game thats coming soon in our new e-shop.

I know this is not Combat Mission but I believe if this was programmed in that you could potentially gain a lot of customers to the series.
Neither any feature does not add customers. Only commercial PR and advertising.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 09:49:14 PM »

I use bandi cam during some battles and noticed a big hit on my FPS when it's on.
Dane, get a trial version of "Mirillis Action!". If you have an Intel CPU that supports QuickSync, you'll get very little CPU usage when recording a video, even at 30 fps or more. Also, the FICV video compression is awesome, so you won't be thrashing your hard disk when storing recorded video chunks. The compression is not lossless, but it's more than enough for a video game.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 10:12:23 PM »

Dane, get a trial version of "Mirillis Action!". If you have an Intel CPU that supports QuickSync, you'll get very little CPU usage when recording a video, even at 30 fps or more. Also, the FICV video compression is awesome, so you won't be thrashing your hard disk when storing recorded video chunks. The compression is not lossless, but it's more than enough for a video game.

Thanks Lemonade,
I'll give it a try.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: