Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 08:29:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Defeat??  (Read 7185 times)
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« on: April 07, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »

I attacked a small enemy forces, destroyed them and captured all the territory, without casualties on my side. Expecting to see a total victory after the battle was over, you can imagine my surprise when I realized I was actualy defeated.  Grin

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »

I attacked a small enemy forces, destroyed them and captured all the territory, without casualties on my side. Expecting to see a total victory after the battle was over, you can imagine my surprise when I realized I was actualy defeated.  Grin

Yes of course defeat - you simple waste time attacks 5 vs 1 with no territory achievements.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »

Yes of course defeat - you simple waste time attacks 5 vs 1 with no territory achievements.

Following that logic you can say that battle of Stalingrad, Berlin, etc. were great German victories. Soviets only wasted time against outnumbered enemy.  Grin

I understand the game consideres the initial strengths to determine the battle outcome, but territorial gains and destruction of enemy forces, no mater how small they were, should count for something.

Nice picture BTW.  Smiley
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 09:17:04 AM »

Following that logic you can say that battle of Stalingrad, Berlin, etc. were great German victories. Soviets only wasted time against outnumbered enemy.  Grin
This does not apply to an operational+ level, its only tactical sence. In operations applicable other score calculation system.
But in Berlin and Stalingrad there was not 1 vs 5 ratio and there were some territorial gains in our case it was not.

I understand the game consideres the initial strengths to determine the battle outcome, but territorial gains and destruction of enemy forces, no mater how small they were, should count for something.
Yes, but in your case no gains and even smaller than half enemies have been eliminated.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »

This does not apply to an operational+ level, its only tactical sence. In operations applicable other score calculation system.
But in Berlin and Stalingrad there was not 1 vs 5 ratio and there were some territorial gains in our case it was not.
Do you get victory points for winning the tactical battle? Besides points you get for capturing territory and key points.

Yes, but in your case no gains and even smaller than half enemies have been eliminated.
But I did get territorial gains, which was my goal. Therefore I won.  Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »

Do you get victory points for winning the tactical battle? Besides points you get for capturing territory and key points.
No. In our case you get points from capture territory (0%) and casualties (some small), but all this degrade due to that fact what your troops overforced at battle start.

Your statistic says that you dont get any territorial gains. Territory after battle the same (16 points) as the territory before battle. No gains, sorry.

topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 12:40:46 PM »

No. In our case you get points from capture territory (0%) and casualties (some small), but all this degrade due to that fact what your troops overforced at battle start.
Thanks! I never fully understood how the victory points work.

Your statistic says that you dont get any territorial gains. Territory after battle the same (16 points) as the territory before battle. No gains, sorry.
Hm... You're right about the statistic, but I was sure I've captured the entire map after the enemy retreated. Could it be that the statistics are wrong? IIRC the enemy controled two squares before the battle, and none after...
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 12:51:22 PM »

Hm... You're right about the statistic, but I was sure I've captured the entire map after the enemy retreated. Could it be that the statistics are wrong?

Maybe, but to figure out this fact needed a screenshot of the minimap (map) or the whole landscape with the enabled flags at the end of the battle, in the statistics mode.

IIRC the enemy controled two squares before the battle, and none after...
Maybe, but is not the question  Cheesy, but rather are you controlled them at the end of the battle?

P.S. In any case its a bad idea to attack by overpowered forces especially unimportant territory (no key points on the operational phase), game in any case threat this fact in favor of the enemy
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:54:19 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »

Hm... You're right about the statistic, but I was sure I've captured the entire map after the enemy retreated. Could it be that the statistics are wrong?

Maybe, but to figure out this fact needed a screenshot of the minimap (map) or the whole landscape with the enabled flags at the end of the battle, in the statistics mode.

IIRC the enemy controled two squares before the battle, and none after...
Maybe, but is not the question  Cheesy, but rather are you controlled them at the end of the battle?

P.S. In any case its a bad idea to attack by overpowered forces especially unimportant territory (no key points on the operational phase), game in any case threat this fact in favor of the enemy

Andrey, the ai are all to often attacking known forces with crazy low about of troops.  The number of times I have been attacked with ai forces with few infantry and no heavy weapons is quite often.  And the ai knows what I have as not the 1st battle. 

Yabba dabba do
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 01:35:16 PM »

I'm affraid I don't have the statistics map screenshot, but I have operational map, before and after the battle.

Before: (the battle on the eastern edge)

After:

Well ,yeah... but I couldn't help it  Grin. Besides, most of my forces just happened to be there, mostly some conscripts, repair crews and supplies. My attack forces were two tanks and cavalry platoon. It was just a moping up operation of enemy pocket, a leftover from previous battles...
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 01:49:29 PM »

Andrey, the ai are all to often attacking known forces with crazy low about of troops.  The number of times I have been attacked with ai forces with few infantry and no heavy weapons is quite often.  And the ai knows what I have as not the 1st battle. 
Agreed. And this is clearly shown on the maps above. The AI attacked me 4 times at the same place. And what started as a formidable force was slowly reduced to a single Tiger tank. But AI keeps coming. Considering their losses, one would expect them to remain in defensive.

Well at least I had a chance to fight some great defensive battles. And I have a completely trashed village, littered with destroyed tanks to show.  Grin

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 09:13:18 AM »

Now automatic key points (small flags) in tactical battles have wide range of weights (from 1 to 1/255).
This leads to such consequences as here you have on statistics - you attack a territory completely unimportant, and in fact it is not involved in the calculations (be 16 and after battle +1 unimportant square and then still 16), because of the extremely low weight (near to 1/255). And as result you get a defeat due to no territorial gains.

In next next patch, weight range will be limited, and several such questionable results will be less likely.

topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »

Thanks for the explanation! I'm glad you'll sort it out, even though it's not much of an issue.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »

Its more of an amusing issue. 

Yabba dabba do
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 01:50:25 PM »

Its more of an amusing issue. 
Yeah, I'll almost miss it once it's gone.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print