Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 06:45:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTOS and steam  (Read 6863 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: April 10, 2014, 09:54:43 AM »

Well I took the plunge and bought a steam version of GTOS.  My hope is that the workshop thing for steam might make it easier to  get out nifty things I do.  Also more people with the game increases my motivation to make more stuff.  I wonder if Mius will get on steam?  Steam offers MP matching as well.  Would that not take out a huge amount of the headache if that matching service could somehow be included in Mius?  Well random thought I had.  Might not too.  AND assuming it could get on steam. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »

UGH trying to download the addons off of gamersgate, well the ones I did not delete after reinstalling.  Oh lucky me!  GG is not letting me download any of them right now.  Hope addons do start going to steam.  Kind of sick of the newer addons being pesky to get off of GG.   ANd I do like GG too.  Except for this issue! 

Yabba dabba do
Fracchione
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:40:34 AM »

That is why I decided to store every dlc in USB drive
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 06:50:59 PM »

That won't address getting the dlc after it's updated.  You still need to download the dlc again for that.

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 09:48:25 PM »

IF anyone cares I place about a zillion new screen shots in the screen shot section of steam.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 11:30:20 AM »

IF anyone cares I place about a zillion new screen shots in the screen shot section of steam.   Tongue
You've got some realy good screenshots there. While playing, I rarely have the time to enjoy the graphics, which is a pity because the game looks great!

BTW, why don't we have a screenshots thread on this forum? Maybe it's time to start one...  Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »

Yes you may miss neato things in  GTOS.  But slowing down time and what not or hitting pause when you see nifty things works well for me. 

I think the lack of screen shots here is the need for an external host for the files.  Its an extra step than just uploading the things. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 04:18:11 PM »

I think the lack of screen shots here is the need for an external host for the files.

Exactly,
Not a big fan of that.
Sometimes though I'll post screenshots on other sites that doesn't require an external host to post than repost them here,  but not very often.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »

great to see DLC appearing, well worth the money.
Are there plans to get more out? what about other games in the series too?

I realise these guys must be working their socks off with a new release currently in the works and the whole steam thing is probably seen as a bit of a distraction, especially with such limited resources.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 04:43:57 PM »

The new game Mius Front is probably the most important thing now. Not sure how this will fit into the Steam program considering that GTOS is a Strategy First effort, not Graviteam per say(Don't think Mius Front is even a Strat First deal). I hope Mius Front will be a Steam option though, but have no idea who will sanction it.
Graviteam is self published now, and Steam doesn't seem interested in them(Graviteam).

There are new concepts and different approaches to the game that will most likely make GTOS look like APK43 once Mius Front is released.

One thing I've noticed about Graviteam is, they are not pleased with mainstream publishers and have had some problems with, not only in their marketing technique but how the game should progress and what is more important and how the profits are distributed also.

This goes along way in explaining why they now self publish on a limited budget and threw off the artistic chains of the profit mongers that have no real vision of what is really important in designing a game of this type.

The other publishers and money managers wanted to force them into a Tank sim to rival WoT, while Graviteam was willing to go that route to secure some financing, that isn't what they really wanted to make, and only used that as a catalyst to design the game they really wanted(which is what we have now. GTOS thank god!).

Hopefully that is a good thing!
So far, I have never been let down by Graviteam and trust their judgement when adding new concepts or changes.
These guys are true artists for this type of game(Minus the marketing skills LOL).

Graviteam so far in my opinion is the cutting edge and the pioneers in RTS.
For the price and quality, you would be hard pressed to look elsewhere for this type of game.

I'm obviously a big fan of Graviteam and wish them to continue in their un-mainstream type concepts, to bring us some of the best East Front WW2 tactical combat I've ever played and look forward to everything that they have to offer in the future.

My wish is that the new cold war in the Ukraine doesn't effect these efforts to supply those of us in the west to participate in a very unique and quality experience provided only by Graviteam.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:32:29 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: