Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:02:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick battle observations  (Read 6930 times)
Fracchione
Oberleutnant

« on: April 11, 2014, 12:58:31 AM »

Settings:

Player SAF -1commander, 1 mech platoon, 1 mortar team, 2 irregular inf platoons-

Cpu CHINA -3 entrenched inf platoons-

Map Zalanashkol,midday,clear

1) the vehicles nedeed to be micromanaged step by step, it seemed they enjoy to expose their back to the enemy
2) mortars were linked to a mech unit, how to link them to another unit? Also, after moving them forward they had no ammo and did not fire for the rest of the battle...should not they slowly recollect from ammoboxes?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »

1) the vehicles nedeed to be micromanaged step by step, it seemed they enjoy to expose their back to the enemy

I've noticed this with the SAF units too and brought this up soon after Hooper was released. I don't think it was ever addressed.
1 or 2 vehicles out of every platoon can't seem to stay focused in the enemy direction or drive around in little circles.

2) mortars were linked to a mech unit, how to link them to another unit? Also, after moving them forward they had no ammo and did not fire for the rest of the battle...should not they slowly recollect from ammoboxes?

I try to never move the mortars after placement because I have no idea how far they can move from the ammo and how long it would take to refurbish according to the distance.  I have seen them refurbish from the ammo boxes if I moved them 50 meters from the ammo but never tried to move them further away then that for fear of them never firing again.

You can try disbanding the mortars and they will go to the reinforcement pool then attach them to the Company or Battalion HQ platoons.
Fracchione
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 03:43:49 AM »

3) one vehicle reached the top of an hill then managed to overturn on its own...

it was far far away from the action and was not firing any weapon...my question is if the mud can cause such troubles and if so, is it realistically implemented? does the weather also take effect on the terrain accordingly?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 03:58:53 AM »

I think is something screwy with large multi wheeled vehicles.  If I had to take a guess the ai is trying to get the big fat thing on a certain spot.  But the turning radius of the vehicle is not tight enough to get right where its trying to go.  Go they end up going in a circle or ending up backwards.  Tracked vehicles and smaller 2 axle sorts seem to do an good job of it.  The 6 wheeled ratels, not so much.  Btr60 (8 wheels) sometimes goes stupid but usually behaved.  The German armed car (sdkfz 231?) does a good job (8 wheel but is in configuration that works out pretty good).  Now that I think about it more the ratel only has the 1st axle making turns.  All the others have 2 or more.  Its size and crappy turning radius might be the cause of circling and ending up facing backwards?

Yabba dabba do
Fracchione
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 08:47:48 PM »

How to set up target areas for arty batteries? Do I have to move the starting ones?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 11:26:52 PM »

Yes, you can move the target reference points(TRPs x3 per battery) by right clicking your mouse on them until a flag appears. Then you can reposition them as a point target by right clicking the mouse where you want it or right click and drag for a linear target reference point.

You don't have to move them unless you want too.
The battery will be more effective if the RTO(Radio Operator or Radio Telephone Operator) has a LOS to the TRP.
Though, it isn't necessary to see the TRP to call in a barrage, there is a % number inside the TRP to give you an idea about how accurate the barrage will be depending upon LOS and how many rounds have already landed that the RTO uses for corrections.

Make sure to click on the arty battery RTO squad to see where they are first.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:40:45 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 11:52:25 PM »

Another thing about TRPs.
You can move them later during the battle by right clicking on the TRP and moving it, or by turning off a barrage already in progress and then clicking on the TRP of your choice.
Fracchione
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 09:19:53 PM »

Very informative.

Another thing I noticed : wire link established/lost... Which are the figures connected by it?

Also, in QB on shilovo as GER, the soviets entrenched in forests were launching some kind of dark smoke signals in my direction then, soon after, I heard a strange loud serie of explosions without any visive feedback of them anywhere... I gave them only infantry for that QB.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:22:14 PM by Fracchione » Logged
Fracchione
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »

Made a new battle:

Iran(me) vs Soviet(ai)
I got one m60 platoon and regular inf, they got atgm,btr,mg and mortars
Map Shia Baluch.

1) both sides had air support shown in stat panel but I was unable to use it and the ai didnt call in anything,so Huh?

2) after the battle the statistic view showed a penetration hit of my tank but no casualties, is it possible? Another hit damaged ammo but its numbers were ok, what does it mean?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: