Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 05:54:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Player Controlled AI Wing-Man  (Read 5178 times)
woofiedog
Major

« on: April 23, 2014, 07:57:54 PM »

Have been wondering if it is possible to have a player controlled wing-man to fight along side of your tank in the missions, outside of the other armor/ground units in the game?

Thank's  Smiley
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »

Are you asking if you for example can be the default player and man another tank at the same time( in turns of course) or are you asking if you can play co-op( somebody else would play the other tank) style?

The answer to both is no unfortunately!
woofiedog
Major

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 10:16:54 PM »

Are you asking if you for example can be the default player and man another tank at the same time( in turns of course) or are you asking if you can play co-op( somebody else would play the other tank) style?

Say your playing a mission with a Panther tank and you have this wing-man at your side during the mission, for say a Hetzer tank and this tank stays and fights along side with your tank, instead of going off on it's own during the mission. Is this possible with SF and can you send separate commands and control to the Hetzer wing-man during the mission, outside of the controls we now have with the allied units of the mission.

Thank's  Smiley

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:25:06 PM by woofiedog » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 02:33:00 AM »

In SF it's quite difficult to operate with a wing-man.
First, u need to check the next features:
- always obey the commands
- high morale
Usually, I do the next sequence of the commands:
1. Stop
2. line formation
3. do as me
Unfortunately, wing-men doesn't want to follow the order, thus u need to watch on them and give the command - do as me. It'll help to stay them near the user's tank. Also, there is ridiculous moment - broken radio. But for some reasons u don't know about it - does radio work or not  Shocked It means, if wing-man don't obey the order - then perhaps radio destroyed Grin

Another stupid moment - it's impossibility to control the gunner, when u play as commander. I.e. u concentrated on the target through the sight and in this moment gunner decided to rotate the turret Cheesy It was surprise for we Smiley Of course, u may pres "~" - gun head for the course, but it doesn't always work.
I would say, that better to send wing-men somewhere or even don't touch them and play only as a gunner.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 05:50:58 AM »

The AI is unco-operative and dumb!I hate having wingmen in SF!They often drive into your line of fire, they will bump into you or stall you when you are moving every step of the way.They won't listen to your commands, will run off to the enemy first chance they get and get killed in a matter of seconds and when you are in numerical inferiority and in need of support 9 times out of 10 they've already been taken out, or lie disabled way behind or are too busy mowing down infantry to provide fire support... I find them smarter when they play against you than when they play with you!...Grrrrr. Angry
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 10:07:00 AM by frinik » Logged
woofiedog
Major

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 06:34:04 AM »

It did seem like a very good idea at the time.  LoL  Wink

Thank's for the replys and information though.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 11:00:58 AM »

A couple words about feature "high morale". If u didn't check this option, then prepare to the very idiotic and dumb(and dumber) things during the mission  Grin
OK. U're play as gunner. U've made a shot and gave order "move forward", but tank doesn't move. What the hell  Huh?
As it appeared the driver scared:
Driver: Sorry, pal. I'm scared and don`t want to move.
In this situation, u need to place into drive by pressing F1 and take control of the tank movement.

Or u've made a shot with AP shell and gave order to loader change AP on HE and load. But...
Loader: Sorry, pal. I'm scared and don`t want to load anymore.
 Roll Eyes Huh? Grin
Of course, u've to sit down on the loader place and reload the gun on er own. Luckily, that happens not often. Anyway I recommend to check on this option.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:30 AM »

"high morale". in my experience it only makes the AI less prone to abandoning the battlefield if their vehicle is damaged or disabled or less likely to flee...Does not make them smarter!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: