Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 03:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Panther gun damage  (Read 16830 times)
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 11:02:55 AM »

Matte, like plain, with no texture.

Also are you saying I should have db_barrel on the notrace list or off it?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:06:14 AM by lockie » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 11:15:45 AM »

OK, I see (matte also means pal, gay?) U've matte model "thanks" to the improved  adjustment with a texture in config file.
      tbump, -1, 2;
      bump, -1, 2;
      trans, -1, 2;
      techn, -1, 2;

Change "-1" on "0".

Yes. If u don't, then u'll see deco(stamp/trace) on the barrel when shell hit it. Same situation with i.e. antenna. If shell hit it then u'll see a trace from shell.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »

matte also means pal, gay???

You mean Mate ? Grin It means Friend or Buddy especially in Australia or somebody either your spouse or partner amongst humans and animals you have children with.....( to mate in English = to procreate, to have offsprings)

It used to be a rank in the navy in former times....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:50:34 PM by frinik » Logged
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »

Yes. If u don't, then u'll see deco(stamp/trace) on the barrel when shell hit it. Same situation with i.e. antenna. If shell hit it then u'll see a trace from shell.

Ok thanks!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 02:03:18 PM »

So lockie care to enlighhtem as to what kreplenie and tros mean?
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 02:31:45 PM »

kreplenie is mount
and
tros is cable
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 03:06:57 PM »

So lockie care to enlighhtem as to what kreplenie and tros mean?
I was about to get some profit from u, but unfortunately Flanker15 translated it already without payment at all  Grin
kreplenie means some kind of strengthening, like ski-binding. Suppose it should be strong and soft.
It does i.e.:
- strengthening two surfaces with a glue (soft)
- strengthening two surfaces with a bolts (strong)

tros means steel rope, which used to pull out tank or other techniks, in case if engine broken or whatever.

Frinik, thank u for explanations what does "mate" Wink
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:45:52 PM by lockie » Logged

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »

You mean Mate ? Grin It means Friend or Buddy especially in Australia or somebody your spouse or partner amongst humanns and animals youd have children with.....

That rating is still in effect in the Navy as far as I know.

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »

Thanks for the translation Tanker! Didn't realize you were Russian!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 05:22:39 PM »

Thanks for the translation Tanker! Didn't realize you were Russian!
I'm pretty sure Tanker is American Smiley

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:25:35 PM by lockie » Logged

Bob123321
Oberleutnant

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »

By the way what is the difference betwen armor_str, armour_qual and armor_frail, what do they each affect? I read somewhere armour_frail has an effect on spalling?
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »

You mean Mate ? Grin It means Friend or Buddy especially in Australia or somebody either your spouse or partner amongst humans and animals you have children with.....( to mate in English = to procreate, to have offsprings)

I think he means matte, as the opposite to gloss, how the color is reacting to light, other words for it is dull or dim color =)

And about the gun damage. We (as in I and lockie) experimented with the Panther G and added one physical gun and a fake one, that way bullets and spalling could hit the "fake one" without damaging the real one. So i know the  Panther G have it and it worked good during testing. Dont know if this was added to the other ones aswell. But in the end its not a problem with the model itself, Its how the game engine reacts a little weird sometimes =)

And you also need to take in account how the shells bounce after they hit the mantlet. At Bobs first pictures it looks like the shell bounced downward and penetrated the upper plate above driver and mgunner. That would explain all the damage on the tank =) Like transmission etc, (it is infront and between those crewmembers)
Interesting fact about that, it was a real world problem on the panthers, thats why they added that little chin on the mantlet on the Panther G Cheesy

And also have the original Panther D and G max models. So i can change stuff on them if necessary =)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:49:37 AM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 11:25:18 AM »

Yeah we fixed it, the PantherD's real gun had no texture so no armor and since the fake gun was set to no trace the real gun had 0mm of armor.

Also shouldn't the barrel (the fake gun on the Panthers) be allowed to be hit, it's small but its effects on shots coming in from the front is real (slowing, deflecting shells).
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 12:11:51 PM »

By the way what is the difference betwen armor_str, armour_qual and armor_frail, what do they each affect?

armor_str is empiric coefficient to define the hardness of the armor. Usually it has value "2000". In case, if armor has hardening surface (i.e. BT-5), then coefficient should be "2100". Let's say each "100" will add ~30mm additional armor.

armour_qual means quality. Better(more) quality - harder armor. Ideal is "1.0", but sometimes tank has the value "1.1" or even more Smiley

armor_frail means the quantity of spalling. Less value -> less spalling -> better armor.
I.e. u may set up armor_frail = 0 and check on feature invulnerability, thus no any enemy tank/gun will kill the user's tank Wink

Bob123321
Oberleutnant

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2014, 12:45:56 PM »

Why 2 factors for hardness, or is armour_qual more for ductility/malleability?
I looked at the bt5's file, it has hardness of 2200, does it have ultimate hard armour or something  Smiley

Also I retested the panther D with the new .go file and got pretty much the same results as 1st tests.

edit-do the mini yellow arrows for the hit vectors give the ricochet direction of a rebounded shell?, if so why are they there even when a shell penetrates?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:48:45 PM by Bob123321 » Logged
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 01:18:59 PM »

No the yellow arrow is the normal.

Try commenting out db_barrel in the notrace section of the config.

//нетрассируемые чанки
   notrace()
   {
      d_hole_00;
      d_hole_01;
      d_hole_02;
      d_hole_03;
      d_hole_04;
      d_hole_05;
      d_instrument_01;
      d_tros_01;
      d_instrument_02;
      d_tros_02;
      d_kreplenie_01;
      d_kreplenie_02;
      d_launcher_head_01;
      d_launcher_head_02;
      d_shield;
      d_light_03;
      d_deco_small;
   \\   db_barrel;

This will make the panther's barrel solid so it'll have another layer of armor over the gun.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »

Why 2 factors for hardness, or is  more for ductility/malleability?
Because of the different types of the armor. As I told above, if tank armor has hardened surface, then coefficient should be 2100 or even 2300.
armour_qual is a common coefficient. I.e. for the soviet tank it should not be more 0.8 or even less. I think it simulates the quality armor: how many cracks/holes/splits/blebs has armor. For example, even in 1945 soviet tanks has splits with a length of ~(170-2200)mm from the factory.

I looked at the bt5's file, it has hardness of 2200, does it have ultimate hard armour or something  Smiley
It does that BT-5 armor has hardened surface(face hardened steel).

Also I retested the panther D with the new .go file and got pretty much the same results as 1st tests.
Then we have a problem and should ask Donken to re-design "Panther D" Wink Would be good to get "Panther D" with random shields appearing!
As a temporally decision: include db_gun in massive notrace.

edit-do the mini yellow arrows for the hit vectors give the ricochet direction of a rebounded shell?, if so why are they there even when a shell penetrates?
There is smth. with "normal to surface". I don't know exactly. For me more interesting to see bright vector or not?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:16:08 PM by lockie » Logged

Bob123321
Oberleutnant

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2014, 10:56:07 PM »

This will make the panther's barrel solid so it'll have another layer of armor over the gun.

I tested with db_barrel commented out and had no problem with weapons damage anymore, which is good. Does this method still allow the gun to be damaged (not just disabling the affect entirely) ? If so then I guess problem with panther D is fixed, no need to redesign.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2014, 07:17:02 AM »

This is my old screen where I managed hit the barrel 3 times. How to name these 3 patterns on the muzzle brake? Traces?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:37:34 AM by lockie » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: