Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 04:20:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Next mission report now available - King Tiger!  (Read 8240 times)
33lima
Oberst

« on: April 28, 2014, 06:21:06 PM »

New SF '42 mission report now up over at CombatAce: http://combatace.com/topic/82559-steel-fury-king-tiger/

There was a bit of a sting in the tail (or in the ISU-122, to be precise) but we won!

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:13:24 PM »

Great report!  8) I have feeling, that I've already played the mission Smiley
I'd like to share some notes:
For this mission reports, it's back to terra firma - speficically, to the snowy wastes of the Russian Front in World War Two
It sounds a bit strange for me, coz events had place in Hungary(u will tell abt it later) and I think u should replace Russian Front on East Front. It'll be more correct, imho.
For this mission reports, it's back to terra firma - specifically, to the snowy wastes of the Eastern Front in World War Two
elected to play for this mission report - 'Counterstrike' by Lockie.
Thank you for credits, but I'm not author of the mission and polygon Smiley Author is my Belorussian friend - Deviator. He made the mission and polygon and kindly gave me permission to adjust his missions and put them into Mission Pack. So, as my point the phrase should be:
elected to play for this mission report - 'Counterstrike' by Deviator, adjusted by Lockie
My work was simple - add a bit more life to the mission:
- translated text into English, adjust the map for the mission(new marks), weather, polygon(foundation for the building, trees etc), add background picture and named mission as "Counterstrike", added quotations, order descriptions during mission, video. I Added tasks, which user may see on the screen and follow to them, etc And of course, script adjusting and finally including the mission into MP3.x to provide easy start the mission for the user.
BTW
As a matter of fact in the mission adjusting also took part the next teammates:
- Woofiedog (quotations)
- Tanker (proofreading)
The weather mod transforms the standard SF environment into a winter wonderland which nicely captures the essence of the Russian Front at its chilliest.
I'd replace this phrase on the next:
The weather mod by Maleshkin transforms the standard SF environment into a winter wonderland which nicely captures the essence of the Eastern Front at its chilliest.
BTW
Though, I also paid a lot of efforts to this winter mod Wink (winter camo for units, winter texture for the trees, providing compatibility with latest NTA) But the main part of the "Winter mod" was made by Maleshkin.
I have the orders panel turned off for clarity
You could also add the next comment:
- also user have ability to switch off the cheat(Ctr+\) with "orange square/arrows", which indicates where the enemy unit is.
it was this ISU-122 that had clobbered me
Depends of the balance(1-10) and enemy/allies experience (0-4) user may provide for himself a reasonable difficulty of the mission. Same with AT guns. As I remember, they appears on the high balance.
For myself I see the next problems:
- winter effects still needs to be adjusted, especially dust. It should be more whiter
- problem with wide monitors, where background picture during mission d/l has enormous distortion. It should be fixed somehow.

To finalize, thank you very much for the excellent and detailed report and I greatly appreciate your past and continuing work! I'll place report on the first page of the NTA mod as Additional information.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:59:27 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 03:21:05 AM »

Thanks, it was an entertaining write-up, as always!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 11:39:16 AM »

I didn't expect, that rain would look a very similar to snow  8)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:45:32 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 06:59:44 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys. And yes Lockie, I'll make those changes after I get back from work. Not sure what to try next...I have liked the Panzer 38(t) ever since building the Italaeri kit (tho I later converted it to an SP 15cm SIG 33 infantry gun) but I'm not sure that I feel brave enough to go up against even the BTs in it, yet!!!

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 08:07:30 AM »

If you'd like to try your hand with a medium tank, the Panzer IIIJ would be a good choice, especially the one with the L/60,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 12:54:38 PM »

And the stock T-34 & Pz IV campaigns are pretty nice if you're not too sure of your gunnery skills/commanding abilities in the lighter (than the Pz VI B Cheesy) tanks, and they're not too large scale encounters so they're pretty good for medium tank training as well. Smiley
Deviator
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »

Soon, there will be new missions of the war in the start period.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:14:02 PM by lockie » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 06:43:11 AM »

Lovely! Deviator you make fantastic maps and missions. Looking forward to it!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: