Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 08:15:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Periscope sights  (Read 4073 times)
Bob123321
Oberleutnant

« on: May 01, 2014, 11:53:34 AM »

What is the difference between the periscope sight and the normal sight on the t34 76 and other tanks? As far as I can tell the periscopic sight has a better field of view and can rotate, what is the point of the other sight, a backup?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:58:30 AM by Bob123321 » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »

Telescopic gunsight exactly designed for the gunner. Meanwhile, periscope(panorama) organized for the commander to look around. Logically, commander sight less accurate and has less magnification, but good FOV. (This is my point Smiley
Also I'd like to add that in SF there are two types of the telescopic gunsight:
- unmovable (early one, which is extremely uncomfortable for the gunner. This gunsight consist of one part and attached tough to the gun. Means, head of the gunner should follow for the binocular each time when barrel goes up/down)
- movable/flexible (late one. This gunsight consist of two parts. One attached tough to the barrel, second to the working place of the gunner. Means, head of gunner is always on the the same position near binocular and independent from the barrel position)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:12:14 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Bob123321
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 12:30:22 AM »

Ok thats interesting, didn't know that different sights gave better accuracy. Another question, which scales correspond to which projectile on the sights for the t34-76? the only one I can figure out is the n for machine gun on the periscope sight (Cyrillic is not one of my strong points).

Driving that tank closed up really gives an idea of the problems of a two man crew added with no commanders cupola, It's hard enough trying to see what you are driving over, let alone to locate the enemy.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 03:55:29 AM »

Another question, which scales correspond to which projectile on the sights for the t34-76?
The method of targeting is pretty much the same as for the SU-100/SU-85 gunsight. It has explanation in the gunsight_su100_readme_E.pdf, gunsight_su85_readme_E.pdf. It's in folder \SPM (NTA) 1.8 full\docs\docs_SPM(NTA)\gunsight_readme

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:57:21 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: