Graviteam
April 18, 2024, 08:17:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change the tank crew voiceover to English  (Read 3022 times)
Skiv
Oberleutnant

« on: May 21, 2014, 10:11:52 PM »

Hello, is there any way to change the default Russian voice-over in tanks to English? Its fine to drive in a German panzer, I can understand it fairly good, but Russian language gives me a headache Smiley Also the voice-actor sounds dull. Like he doesn't care. German on the other hand Tongue I especially love when they yell "HE round, loaded" It sounds like "SPRING-GRANADE MIT POTATOHONG, GELAAAAAADEN!" I always imagine this as a 88mm round, with a potato on the tip Cheesy
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 05:05:13 AM »

I don't think there's an option to change a given language in the Speech folders unless you simply record new sounds yourself and overwrite the default ones. Once I did an experiemnt I made copies of the german voice folders and simply renamed them tank_rus instead of tank_ger.It worked !When playing Soviet tanks I would have the commander use orders and call distances in German which I understand fluently rather than Russian which I only partially understand.Only because I hate using subtitles. Grin

Funny I kind of like the Russian language sounds much better than the German ones which I find a bit too melodramatic and shrieky/hysterical at times. A matter of perception I guess.

On the other hand, I find the German voices and commands in the game T34 versus Tiger to be excellent!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: