Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:34:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vehicle importing walkthrough/Tutorial discussion  (Read 15234 times)
Donken
Generalmajor

« on: May 22, 2014, 09:00:09 PM »

Here we can discuss my walkthroughs and tutorials!

vehicle config here: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11603.0

and vehicle 3d model setup here: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11602.0
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:51:00 AM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »

This is good tutorial!
A couple words about:
 //points (of mass * distance from center of gravity) ? (leave as is)
How to calculate "center mass" explained here:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=60.0

Provocative signature removed
Skiv
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »

Holy dang. Thanks to you I can change the tank crew voiceover to English Cheesy With a change of a single line. Thanks Smiley

For example KV2
Change
snd_list   =   levels\levels\common\snd_list.engcfg;
into
snd_list   =   levels\levels\common\snd_list1_usa.engcfg;
and you will have English voices in a Russian almost-super heavy earth shattering tank Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:44:23 PM by Skiv » Logged
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »

This is good tutorial!
A couple words about:
 //points (of mass * distance from center of gravity) ? (leave as is)
How to calculate "center mass" explained here:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=60.0

Thanks!

I will add the link in the tutorial!

Holy dang. Thanks to you I can change the tank crew voiceover to English Cheesy With a change of a single line. Thanks Smiley

For example KV2
Change
snd_list   =   levels\levels\common\snd_list.engcfg;
into
snd_list   =   levels\levels\common\snd_list1_usa.engcfg;
and you will have English voices in a Russian almost-super heavy earth shattering tank Cheesy

Hehe thank you!
Yeah its that easy Cheesy

Skiv
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 10:12:11 PM »

Oh man, guys, you rock. Now I have English in all of my Russian tonks.
What I did is:
I went to data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\common\ found snd_list.engcfg and snd_list1.engcfg Now, these two files are used for the Russian voices. What I did is I made a copy of snd_list_usa.engcfg and snd_list1_usa.engcfg and renamed them to snd_list.engcfg and snd_list1.engcfg
That way I have changed the voices. with just 4 clicks Tongue Thank you so much
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 10:30:40 PM »

Oh man, guys, you rock. Now I have English in all of my Russian tonks.
When we should expect simple mod?  Wink I'm sure this mod will be in use. If u make it, then I'll place it on the first page of NTA .

//deformation
   deform         =    true;
This parameters needs only for the gun or in case for the tank then we'll have a very weak turret. It will turn over when will be damaged.

Skiv
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 11:03:36 PM »

If I did it correctly, this should work. Please test it before putting it with the official mods. It replaces only Russian voices with English
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/676154/Zip/English%20Voicepack.rar
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 04:49:38 AM »

//deformation
   deform         =    true;

I experimented with it and dropped it.IT does not add up to a very convincing decapitation as in SF the turret won't fly off the chassis of the tank. In addition, as Lockie points out, it makes the turret vulnerable to any shot and will promptly put a tank out of action unnecessarily( even though the shot was not in itself lethal).
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 09:26:18 AM »

I'm moderator Smiley
I'd like to suggest to add all explanations from u to the topic "Vehicles import tutorial", where will be links to the original topics. But not now, let's say after two weeks, when all questions mostly will be discussed.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »

Now its rotated 90 degrees and now it opens as we want!

http://oi61.tinypic.com/34esu3r.jpg

So remember, everything rotates/moves along its Y-axis!

Hi.

This arrangement seems different from the old vehicle import tutorial; in it, the hatches were aligned along the z-axis.
Is this dependent on the export settings?

Anyway, good work and please continue with this series!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »

Now its rotated 90 degrees and now it opens as we want!

http://oi61.tinypic.com/34esu3r.jpg

So remember, everything rotates/moves along its Y-axis!

Hi.

This arrangement seems different from the old vehicle import tutorial; in it, the hatches were aligned along the z-axis.
Is this dependent on the export settings?

Anyway, good work and please continue with this series!

Oh forgot about that!
yes and no, in the old tutor he have rotated the whole vehicle 90 degrees back, and he had "make y up" unchecked in hes exporter, if you check "make y up" and rotate the vehicle accordingly it should look like it does for me. all viewports for me with a stock installation is correct, left view is left side, top view is the top etc.
Good of you to mention it. I forgot to write down the basics when exporting a vehicle, will add it asap!
But i think its mostly up to the creator to check, you can change views as you want, so when an vehicle is exported and viewed in the object editor it must show left side, pointing left hand.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 05:09:09 PM »

Gents, I'd like to note that new unit(tank/apc/spg...) it's good, but without mission it does nothing. Just my thinking.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 06:56:33 PM »

If I did it correctly, this should work. Please test it before putting it with the official mods. It replaces only Russian voices with English
Already placed on the first page. If smth. wrong, then we'll know first.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »

One more tip is to use reset xform if using 3dsmax, when scaling, cloning or mirroring you MUST use reset xform. Otherwise you get very unexpected results. Its same on your dummys/helpers, use xform!
Do u mean, if I've made a clone let's say dummy, then I've to apply "rest x-form" to it  Huh? And the same to polygon/vertex/element?
Also, should I unlik the object before to apply "reset x-form"?

PS
At this moment JS-3 has a HUGE shadow. It does that smth. wrong with "x-form" Sad

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 08:43:02 PM »

One more tip is to use reset xform if using 3dsmax, when scaling, cloning or mirroring you MUST use reset xform. Otherwise you get very unexpected results. Its same on your dummys/helpers, use xform!
Do u mean, if I've made a clone let's say dummy, then I've to apply "rest x-form" to it  Huh? And the same to polygon/vertex/element?
Also, should I unlik the object before to apply "reset x-form"?

PS
At this moment JS-3 has a HUGE shadow. It does that smth. wrong with "x-form" Sad

Yes exactly, Dummys are not so important when cloning. as long as you dont get problem with it. But on all objects (polygon/vertex/element) you must use reset xform.
And it is a good idea to unlink them. If you dont do it all objects linked to the object you reset is going to be scaled/mirrored at the same way your selected object is (if reset xform changes it). That can do lots of damages to your model!
So yeah, that is one of the reasons the shadow is so big. Got that problem myself and couldnt fix it sometimes. But try!

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 02:58:35 AM »

yes and no, in the old tutor he have rotated the whole vehicle 90 degrees back, and he had "make y up" unchecked in hes exporter, if you check "make y up" and rotate the vehicle accordingly it should look like it does for me. all viewports for me with a stock installation is correct, left view is left side, top view is the top etc.
Good of you to mention it. I forgot to write down the basics when exporting a vehicle, will add it asap!
But i think its mostly up to the creator to check, you can change views as you want, so when an vehicle is exported and viewed in the object editor it must show left side, pointing left hand.

There's one particular topic relating to 3D modeling that you must include: placing the pivot point correctly for moving parts, otherwise they'll move in the wrong way,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 06:16:16 AM »

There's one particular topic relating to 3D modeling that you must include: placing the pivot point correctly for moving parts, otherwise they'll move in the wrong way,

Oh, i didnt mention that? By the pictures of the hatch pivot? Maybe it wasnt clear enough. Point taken! Cheesy I will take a look and change!

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 07:59:22 AM »

Updated 3d model tutorial, Added an explanation and how to fix open edges!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: