Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 06:01:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Forums  (Read 8144 times)
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:31 PM »

do any of the devs or community members have the ability to sticky topics on the steam forums?

It would be really great to sticky links for this official forum, gamers gate and any other sites that may be of use or interest to guys who bought the game through steam and maybe don't realise there is more out there.

Also some of us are active there and we try to help new players as much as possible but it is here that they can really get the best assistance and information and I must have copy/pasted this forums address 20 times lol.

edit - any reason why my steam sale topic was deleted?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:16:13 PM by wildman » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 03:00:01 PM »

Maybe this is Graviteams way of saying they prefer Gamersgate over Steam.
I wonder if Strat First is screwing them over again and not honestly reporting and sharing their sales figures and the profits generated there?

Remember this is a Strat First effort on Steam, not Graviteam.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 09:28:25 PM »

Maybe this is Graviteams way of saying they prefer Gamersgate over Steam.
I wonder if Strat First is screwing them over again and not honestly reporting and sharing their sales figures and the profits generated there?

Remember this is a Strat First effort on Steam, not Graviteam.

I have an idea, bear with me it may sound kinda wacky but maybe, you know, don't do business with a publisher who you don't trust, I mean I know, sounds crazy right? but hey, sometimes crazy ideas lead to sane solutions to insane problems
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:18:26 AM »

I've noticed there has been a marked increase in activity on the Steam forums lately, new players are posting pretty much on a daily basis with questions and praise and there is a lot of love being directed at the game and I reckon that the forums there could do with a little bit of love in return.

Dane and Flashburn among others are going way beyond the call of duty when it comes to helping out noobs and experienced players alike. I very nearly walked away from this game at the beginning but it was the help of these guys that persuaded me to stick with it and I know I am not alone. Guys like this are an asset, not only to the community but to the game itself.

I don't know if you devs ever visit there and read through some of the topics, I'm sure you'd be quite touched at the plaudits your wonderful game is receiving and how that small but active community is developing a life of its own, maybe its time to embrace Steam and all the future customers it can bring you. I am one and there are plenty more arriving all the time.

They probably wont thank me for this but why not arrange for Dane and Flash to have moderator roles there, they could make some sticky topics and FAQ's etc which would be really helpful to the newcomers as well as saving themselves a lot of typing  Wink it would be really nice to see a dev post there occasionally too.

With the eagerly awaited Mius Front on the horizon it makes sense for a couple of active, knowledgeable and helpful individuals who feel passionately about the game to be given the tools to shape and organise the Steam forums and to be able to continue their excellent work more effectively, it will only benefit the game.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:41:42 PM by wildman » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 05:55:35 PM »

They probably wont thank me for this but why not arrange for Dane and Flash to have moderator roles there,
Why not. But can you describe how to do this?  Huh?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »

Why not. But can you describe how to do this?  Huh?

I don't know.   Embarrassed

I guess the first step would be to ask Flashburn and Dane if they would like to do it, then assuming they agree contact somebody at steam to make the arrangements. Obviously the Steam release was handled by a 3rd party publisher so it might be that you need to talk to them.

I have a mate who is a mod on a different steam forum, I messaged him to ask how it works in the hope he might be able to shed some light on the matter, if he can I'll let you know.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 07:26:40 PM »

I recommend to not create identical topics.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 07:35:44 PM »

I recommend to not create identical topics.
  what???     

identical
 Line breaks: iden|ti¦cal
Pronunciation:  /ʌɪˈdɛntɪk(ə)l
   
adjective 
Similar in every detail; exactly alike:

here is proof that some types of person should never be given moderator roles  Grin
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:38:35 PM by wildman » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »

Any questions? We can talk in PM if so.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »

why? can't you read?  Grin

I think I begin to see why this forum, despite the fact that it represents a truly brilliant game, feels so..... strange?
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:56:16 PM »

Fine. I'm locking this, until you learn to express yourself clearly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: