Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 03:58:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Criteria for Mission Success or Failure?  (Read 9133 times)
Kodiak
Oberleutnant

« on: June 30, 2014, 05:33:33 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Please forgive a few noob questions as I get familiar with Steel Fury...

Do some or all of the missions have time limits.  I started with the Barbarossa missions and on the third one I thought I was doing well, all my tanks are alive and we're killing the enemy, but suddenly it says Mission Failed.  My tank has only one hit in the right track area and has not been destroyed (I have been destroyed in an earlier mission, so I know what that looks like).

Just curious if there are time limits or other parameters for success I haven't found yet that would show up somewhere so I can keep track of things better.

Thanks!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 05:56:41 AM »

Do some or all of the missions have time limits.  I started with the Barbarossa missions and on the third one I thought I was doing well, all my tanks are alive and we're killing the enemy, but suddenly it says Mission Failed.  My tank has only one hit in the right track area and has not been destroyed (I have been destroyed in an earlier mission, so I know what that looks like).

Just curious if there are time limits or other parameters for success I haven't found yet that would show up somewhere so I can keep track of things better.

Thanks!

There's one mission where you have to prevent the retreating enemy from escaping.
You'll have to be careful not to let them reach the escape route at the edge of the map.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »

Do some or all of the missions have time limits. 
I looked over approximately ~200 missions. I may say that no more than 5-6 has time limit.
What the name of the mission exactly? I'll have a look. May be there is need additional message for the user.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:38:05 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Kodiak
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:16:07 PM »

Do some or all of the missions have time limits. 
I looked over approximately ~200 missions. I may say that no more than 5-6 has time limit.
What the name of the mission exactly? I'll have a look. May be there is need additional message for the user.

Thanks for the response, guys!

Lockie,

The second mission under: June'41 Barbarosa, Wehrmacht called "Bug Bridgehead, June 22, 1941 07:30"
I played this mission twice and got a Failed Mission without being killed.  The first time I hunkered down near the crossroads in a defensive position and waited.  Never saw combat, just got the failed message with all of my squad still alive after 10 or 15 minutes.  So the second time I charged forward but got the failed message again with one tank dead in my squad with myself and my other tank still fighting when the mission ended.

That's why I asked...just assumed I was doing something wrong.  Don't wear yourself out on this...I'm so new to this game I may have system problems, etc I haven't realized yet.

In the menu under System, the game does not recognize much of anything about my system.  It tells me I have a low end system and need to upgrade.  But when I override that message and select everything maxed out the game runs smooth as silk, so I just kept playing  Smiley  Steel Fury is great, but the extra content you guys have added has made it brilliant.  In the end, its all about content and breadth and you guys are turning Steel Fury into a classic like IL-2 1946 and I didn't even know about it!

Thanks!

System
i5 2320 3.0GHz 12GB RAM
AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
Win 7 - 64 Bit
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 10:52:34 PM »

The second mission under: June'41 Barbarosa, Wehrmacht called "Bug Bridgehead, June 22, 1941 07:30" I played this mission twice and got a Failed Mission without being killed. 

OK. I see.
I've played this mission and I may say that this mission is almost impossible.
There are two variants of `game over`:
1. player's death
2. recon patrol - three Pz.38(t) destroyed
Victory - German 2x superiority all over the map during 2 minutes.

Mentioned task is not obvious for me, so I decided to simplify mission and added some additional radio messages and replaced T-60 on BA-10.
Now the main task is - don't give enemy chance to capture the area near bridge.
How to play:
1. go to crossroad
2. wait until u'll get message that recon patrol damaged or go right now there or left some tanks on junction and go there or whatever
3. then fight and ... this is a very interesting moment. If enemy broke defence and capture area near bridge, then u've to re-capture or intercept enemy or make ambush on the flanks or whatever.

Also I slightly re-designed the polygon.
- aligned the roads
- decreased the quantity of the trees (from 10000 to 9000)
- added oak
- aligned trenches
I'll upload my variant later.

This T-28 is a very tough nut.

My score.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:20:19 AM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 06:19:21 AM »

Cool now we'll have your lovely new trees! Smiley
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 10:08:21 AM »

Cool now we'll have your lovely new trees! Smiley
There are not many, just for the game atmosphere.

And here is a link on my variant. Install the last in line.
http://www.4shared.com/rar/c3Rpf7pOce/Bug_bridgehead.html

Crossroad. I left there my two tanks and went to the South flank.

South flank

Bridgehead

Score

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 11:15:45 PM »

Played third mission from Barbarossa campaign and found that German infantry didn't move. I fixed script. Will be included in the next update.

German infantry don't move.

My score

Kodiak
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 04:43:19 AM »

Hi Lockie,

Thanks for fixing the Bug_Bridgehead (I just downloaded it).  I'll wait for the update for the 3rd mission also, and then reply the whole Barbarossa series.  When I started out, I thought where else better to start on the eastern front than with Barbarossa!  I'm moving forward in time, more or less, playing all the 1941 missions, then will go to 1942 and on to enjoy the evolution in tanks.

Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 07:46:51 AM »

Hi,
I'm the original creator of this campaign and glad that you give it a try.
Well i didn't know that there was a problem with one of the missions but
It's nice to see that Lockie fixed it.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 08:59:29 AM »

Thank u Rends for replay! I'll include fixes and slightly adjusted polygon in the next update.

Kodiak
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 07:13:37 AM »

Hi,
I'm the original creator of this campaign and glad that you give it a try.
Well i didn't know that there was a problem with one of the missions but
It's nice to see that Lockie fixed it.

Thank you for the campaign, Rends!  It was a great place to start playing Steel Fury Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: