Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 03:11:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is this Tiger hiding???  (Read 8892 times)
33lima
Oberst

« on: July 05, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »

The Tiger missions - even the later ones in 1944 and 1945 - all seem to have the early, 1942-43 Tiger 1, sometimes with zimmerit, sometimes without.

I remember playing a mission with a later version - not sure which mod or version, NTA or SPM - with the 'vision' cupola and steel-rimmed roadwheels:

http://combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=28408&file=max

..but I can't find it anywhere now. All the NTA Tiger missions including Mission packs 1, 2 & 3 I can find have the early Tiger ('Hard as a Rock' crashes with a shader error message but the loading screen shows an early Tiger). I now have a second install with SPM 2.0 and it's the same - no late Tiger missions.

In the 'go/tecnn' fonder, SPM seems to have more files for Tigers so maybe he is in there - but he doesn't seem to want to come out to play. Where is he hiding?  Huh?

And if I can find him, can I copy him from one mod's 'techn' folder to the other, so I can replace the early Tiger in the later-war missions, like Seelow Heights. Any mission from 1944 or 1945 would be more realistic with this later-model Tiger.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 12:24:54 PM »

I remember playing a mission with a later version - not sure which mod or version, NTA or SPM - with the 'vision' cupola and steel-rimmed roadwheels:
http://combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=28408&file=max
..but I can't find it anywhere now.
Try to check out "Combat episodes"

'Hard as a Rock' crashes with a shader error message but the loading screen shows an early Tiger.
Perhaps, u need simplified "Sound mod".

Where is he hiding?  Huh?
I know, but General Frinik didn't give me permission to tell abt Sad
(though, if u grease my hand...)

And if I can find him, can I copy him from one mod's 'techn' folder to the other, so I can replace the early Tiger in the later-war missions, like Seelow Heights. Any mission from 1944 or 1945 would be more realistic with this later-model Tiger.
U may change Tiger easily in the Mission Editor.

Provocative signature removed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 01:17:06 PM »

Or may be this program will resolve the problem with "shader error"
Q. Sometimes I have code 006 shader error while loading or no error at all on some missions with certain mods or high graphics settings. How to get rid off this error?
A. Game is using more than its 2GB memory address, modern high res displays combined with a lot of extra content added in the mods can use more than 2Gb.
Solution:  Allow the games exe to be large address aware which gives it 2GB of virtual memory on top of its 2GB address.  Requires a 64bit OS and more than 3GB physical memory and the systems swap space not disabled.
Turn off compatibility mode on Shell.exe and Starter.exe (this is just a precaution, you can try turning it back on after but I needed to leave it off). Download this program  http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php (or any large address aware patcher). Run the program on Shell.exe and Starter.exe

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 02:46:13 PM »

33Lima here's how you do it:

Click on the editor_mission.bat file in your game directory. Once it's open you'l see a small square window called create mission popping up in the middle of your screen.click on the editor tab on the right hand side.You 'll get a huge loading screen featuring the kanonenwagen with greyed out tank shells at the bottom of the screen and a small window entitled select mission. Scroll until you see cm_pack_mission30. . highlight for example carius01k and click on  the apply tab.The mission will load to the map with a series of tabs on the right hand side allowing you to modify the units, scripts, weather in the mission. Click on the divisions tab and you'll see all the units in the mission listed just below.Highlight the 1x PzVI Aus H and just below you'll see a small screen called type of division.Simply scroll until you find  1x Pz.VI Ausf.H"Tiger" ( late 1 lod)(it should actually be properly called Ausf E rather than H) by clicking on it you'll replace the existing early Tiger Ausf H by this one. Once replaced just click on save and exit the screen and then  launch the game. Now you'll have the late tiger model in the Carius mission.You can do the same for any mission Seelow etc...Same process.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 04:19:55 PM »

Thanks for the tips guys - onto it now!!!

33lima
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 05:08:12 PM »

Strange - I replaced the Tiger with 'late 1 LOD' and saved in Carius and Seelow 1 - but both missions are still displaying Tigers with dustbin cupolas. Reloading them in the ME again, the change is definitely made. I'll try a few things to try to work out what i'm doing wrong

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 05:48:35 PM »

Strange - I replaced the Tiger with 'late 1 LOD' and saved in Carius and Seelow 1 - but both missions are still displaying Tigers with dustbin cupolas.
There is error. Tiger late wasn't properly wrote down in the block "random". Will be fixed in the next update.
To enable tiger late make the next fix, open:

data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\SCRIPTS\cm_pack_mission30\Carius01k_scripts.engscr

entry
ger_tnk_01, wer_platoon_htann4, ger_p_tnk, -1, 2, sc_ger_usr, 1, 1, 0.8, 0.7,    1.0, 0x2, wer_comp_16a_tgr_mmth,    0.0;

replace on
ger_tnk_01, wer_platoon_htank24, ger_p_tnk, -1, 2, sc_ger_usr, 1, 1, 0.8, 0.7,    1.0, 0x2, wer_comp_16a_tgr_mmth,    0.0;

Unfortunately, the next units are not available:
-  1xTiger late
-  2xTiger late
-  3xTiger late
(will be fixed)

33lima
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 06:12:51 PM »

Thanks Lockie, trying that now. The scripts file for Seelow1 doesn't have the same entry - will the next fix enable the late Tiger 1 to be used in other 1944 & 1945 Tiger missions, as well as the Carius one?

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »

Thanks Lockie, trying that now. The scripts file for Seelow1 doesn't have the same entry - will the next fix enable the late Tiger 1 to be used in other 1944 & 1945 Tiger missions, as well as the Carius one?
At this moment the next units available:

- 4x Tiger late+infantry (wer_platoon_htank24)
- 5x Tiger late + infantry (wer_platoon_htank25)

And partly possible 1x Tiger late.
To enable it u've to add the next entry to the file common_units
Open:
1. data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\common\common_units.engcfg
2. find entries
//*** GBR random end ***
wer_htann1,wer_pz6,,,,;

add
//*** GBR random end ***
wer_pz6l,wer_pz6l,,,,;
wer_htann1,wer_pz6,,,,;
3. for the mission Carius:
ger_tnk_01, wer_pz6l, ger_p_tnk, -1, 2, sc_ger_usr, 1, 1, 0.8, 0.7,    1.0, 0x2, wer_comp_16a_tgr_mmth,    0.0;

33lima
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 06:39:42 PM »

OK thanks Lockie - the Carius mission worked with the change on the forst post, have now made the changes in the second post, too!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 05:48:06 AM »

Q. Sometimes I have code 006 shader error while loading or no error at all on some missions with certain mods or high graphics settings. How to get rid off this error? 
A. Game is using more than its 2GB memory address, modern high res displays combined with a lot of extra content added in the mods can use more than 2Gb. 

Not sure it's really the issue. I have that recurring problem with my desktop which is equipped with an intel i7 860 ( 6 cores) 2.93ghtz processor, 8 gbs of ram and an ATI HD 7750 1 gb ddr5 .... Some of the missions are just too heavy in infantry and vehicles and the mission crashes. I have been able to resolve this by reducing the number of units in some missions. Then they work without crashing. But funnily enough they work on my laptops which have lesser specs than my desktop... This game is poorly optimized.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: