Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 10:34:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Returning to GT: OS, patches instalation order  (Read 2948 times)
Emir Agic
Oberleutnant

« on: July 06, 2014, 10:45:53 AM »

Hi,

After upgrading my computer with new graphic card (gtx 770) and RAM (8 GB), I've decided to try GT: OS again. With old hardware game was too slow. However, I'm having some concerns about which updates to install. Last night I've downloaded GT: OS from GamerGate. First step according to wiki is:

Install the latest core update: gtos_cu_581c1_eng.exe (or from GamersGate). Note. This step is not needed if you have installed the game using the new sep13 game installer from GamersGate or from Steam.

I'm not sure which GG game installer I have. Inside game (upper right corner) it's said: Version 5.81 (2283). Is this "sep13 game installer"? If so, I only need to install:

1. gtos_patch_dec13a_eng.gt2extension,
2. gtos_patch_may14_eng.gt2extension,
3. gtos_hir_tex_01_jul13.gt2extension (High resolution textures DLC).

Is this correct? I don't have to install "apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng.gt2extension" (Polygon update) and "gtos_cu_581c1_eng.exe", right?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 05:35:36 PM »

Last night I've downloaded GT: OS from GamerGate.
If you've downloaded it later than september 2013, it is sep13 already. For reference, the setup file is gtos_setup_sep13_eng.exe.

If so, I only need to install:

1. gtos_patch_dec13a_eng.gt2extension,
2. gtos_patch_may14_eng.gt2extension,
3. gtos_hir_tex_01_jul13.gt2extension (High resolution textures DLC).

Is this correct?
Almost, this one isn't needed: gtos_patch_dec13a_eng.gt2extension. gtos_patch_may14_eng.gt2extension will replace it, Graviteam's patches don't require previous versions to be installed.

I don't have to install "apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng.gt2extension" (Polygon update) and "gtos_cu_581c1_eng.exe", right?
Right.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Emir Agic
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 11:50:04 PM »

Krabb, thank you for your informative answer. .-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: