Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 01:04:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics look low res  (Read 24201 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 04:40:10 PM »

LOL.  Its quake in 320 x whatever stupid low res deal. 

Yabba dabba do
ubiquitous
Oberleutnant

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »

For me this problem was fixed by installing the full version. No real config tweaks were necessary, I just set every option on max and was away:

yl9961027's screenshot indeed looks very much like the experience I had with the demo. Are you able to post the information Wörghern asked for along with the config file? Also, did your friend try the demo to see if the same thing happens there?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:59:59 AM by lockie » Logged
Kodiak
Oberleutnant

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2014, 05:59:13 PM »

Sound Mod (NTA) 1.1
Missions_pack_1.2
Missions_pack_2.1
SPM (NTA) 1.8 full(beta)
Missions_pack_3.62
MayUpd_2014
JulUpd_2014
Free Camera Mod (Eng)
Autumn mod
Autumn_late mod
Whukid's Late War skins (1944-1945)
Friniks_201407
Alternatives Schemes

Hi,

I'm not familiar with this mod "Friniks_201407" from the above quote.  Could someone please provide a link to its description and download location (I can't seem to find it).  What does it do?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 06:11:53 PM by Kodiak » Logged
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2014, 08:57:34 PM »

Hi,

I'm not familiar with this mod "Friniks_201407" from the above quote.  Could someone please provide a link to its description and download location (I can't seem to find it).  What does it do?

Thanks!

It doesn't matter, just testing Wink

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2014, 09:02:59 PM »

For me this problem was fixed by installing the full version. No real config tweaks were necessary, I just set every option on max and was away

Nice pic by the way, happy that the game finally works for you.  Wink

So, what do you think about it ?   Smiley

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2014, 09:29:40 PM »

It's here:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4b22022f4da5f33f53e1b71bbb053e89&topic=11589.15

Provocative signature removed
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 09:50:48 PM »

I'm not sure and I could be wrong but I do not think it's that, Lockie. Frinik send it to me there is two days ago  and it is not concerning unessential dialogues/speeches...However, thank you for the link, I did not know about it and it greatly interested me. Wink
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:05:13 PM by Wörghern » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 05:44:02 AM »

Just to clarify what I sent Woerghern( at his request) are tweaks to the common res( fire, smoke, etc) , new shots, engine, tracks and expl sounds... he made a mod out of it. BTW Woerghern I like your Alternative Schemes very much please make them public! They are my default camo and textures now. Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:46:10 AM by frinik » Logged
ubiquitous
Oberleutnant

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »

So far, I like this game a lot. I am always on the look our for new "hardcore" military games (I started to put together a list on my blog at http://ubiquitousgame.wordpress.com/hardcore-military-games/, but it needs more work).

Things I like so far:
  • Driving seems quite well simulated. You can stall your tank, which is cool.
  • Likewise, the gunnery is nicely implemented.
  • Given the vintage of the game, the graphics have held up well.
  • Great immersive atmosphere.

Things that I dislike or am undecided about:
  • I have only played a few missions, but they seem quite samey.
  • Only three tanks in vanilla. I am not that interested in Russian armour, so that makes the selection quite limited. I see that the community has been active in producing additional vehicles and will get round to installing the relevant mods soon.
  • No quick/random mission generator, which would have been nice to have.
  • In the Panzer IV, where the commander and gunner are separate roles, the commander role seems a little redundant. The driver and gunner seem to get along fine without much intervention and it's far more interesting jumping into one of those seats.

On the issue of a quick mission generator: I saw from the editor manual that missions seem to basically be plain text files. I therefore wonder if it would be feasible to write a small application that randomly generates a mission from a set of pre-specified components. I need to investigate this possibility more carefully.

Overall, I have been impressed by the game, which has filled a gap in my collection where a credible tank simulator should have been. I have already ordered a copy of Steel Armor: Blaze of War.

Edit: I just tried the NTA mod, which is extremely cool. I'm seriously impressed by the scope of what the community has put together and am certainly no longer wanting for tanks to drive or missions to drive them in. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:05:07 PM by ubiquitous » Logged
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 10:41:17 AM »

Just to clarify what I sent Woerghern( at his request) are tweaks to the common res( fire, smoke, etc) , new shots, engine, tracks and expl sounds... he made a mod out of it. BTW Worghern I like your Alternative Schemes very much please make them public! They are my default camo and textures now. Cheesy

Yes, exactly; Frinik sent me the files and I made a mod to add it via JSGME. Of course, I plan to release a version of my alternative Schemes when it will be ready Wink

For the while, I concentrate my efforts on the correction of uvws maps and meshes of the Tiger with the autorisation of Donken Wink

Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »

So far, I like this game a lot. I am always on the look our for new "hardcore" military games (I started to put together a list on my blog at http://ubiquitousgame.wordpress.com/hardcore-military-games/, but it needs more work).

Overall, I have been impressed by the game, which has filled a gap in my collection where a credible tank simulator should have been. I have already ordered a copy of Steel Armor: Blaze of War.

Edit: I just tried the NTA mod, which is extremely cool. I'm seriously impressed by the scope of what the community has put together and am certainly no longer wanting for tanks to drive or missions to drive them in. Smiley

Hi Ubiquitous,

Happy that you like the game and, of course, if you like hardcore wargames/simulators, I encourage you to test SABOW wich is excellent...BUT don't forget to take an eye on GRAVITEAM TACTICS too !!! This is the sequel of Achtung Panzer; Operation Star, a Tactical company simulator, much better than Battlefront licenses.
It combines the best of all these games, Close Combat, Combat Mission, Theatre of War and much more.

BTW, very nice blog Smiley
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:23:59 AM by Wörghern » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: