Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 07:24:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire and movement!  (Read 18712 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »

Yes a lower max height would be good, we want low hills, good enough for a tank to be invisible on the reverse slope but not much higher. In between, ground not too flat, lots of little dips and folds in the ground so there are plenty of good fire positions, whichever way the player drives.
Here's base variant for the training mission:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/WXTDtzglce/training.html
1. unrar
2. generate polygon
3. user mission-> tactics-m1
I've palced 5 trenches for AT guns, 2 trenches for the infantry and small village near left down angle.
Now, u've source files of the polygon and u have ability to adjust whatever u want!
There are Panther A and 3 Tigers (late). They go along the road. All AT guns are without ammos.

Provocative signature removed
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 09:46:41 AM »

Wow! That was fast. Thanks lockie - downloading now!

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 09:58:49 AM »

2.1. unpack mission tactics_m1.datapack.
 I forgot to add this explanation.

33lima
Oberst

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »

Thanks, but I think it's already working. It took me a while to work out what to unpack each file with, where to find them after unpacking and how to generate the map after unpacking. Messed it up first time by deciding to call the unpacked map 'Sennelager'. Hand-edited the mission file which lists the map, to use the one called Sennelager...got a strange map with big lakes all over it...deleted Sennelager, tried again, mission crashed on loading, all the fun of the fair. But working now.

There are a lot more tracks and track junctions, instead of just a circuit with a diagonal + three 'feeder tracks' off the outside of the circuit. So it's easy to get lost, which came as a surprise...they say the most dangerous thing in the Army is an officer with a map.

I started off playing the mission as if it was the first, driver training mission, instead of the Tiger platoon advance and attack one. Just wanted to drive around the circuit track, first.

Was I supposed to follow that Panther? I think I will remove it and the two extra Tigers and start trying to make the first, driving exercise. Learn how to create the briefing, loading screen and in-mission messages, and mark the map for the mission. For the driver training mission I want to draw a dotted line along the circuit track, if I can't do that maybe it's possible to add arrows, one after another. I want to start all the missions with no movement programmed in (for the player's tank or platoon anyway) so it's important that the map is marked up for each mission. Otherwise the player will get lost like me.

Apart from playing the stock Matilda driving mission when I first bought SF, I have never driven an SF tank! All this gear-changing up and down, restarting the engine after stalling it and so on...it's a whole new world, out there Smiley

Need to do a bit more driving and experimenting but many thanks for the map, it's a great start.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:17:59 PM by 33lima » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 04:08:06 PM »

Thanks, but I think it's already working. It took me a while to work out what to unpack each file with, where to find them after unpacking and how to generate the map after unpacking.
It's complicate procedure. Usually, I iinclud already prepared polygon (with shadows calculated) to simplify the user's life Wink
But in er case, u had to get over it, coz u need to know how to adjust more properly contours and use source files. I may confess, that creating polygon is even more interesting then making mission Wink

There are a lot more tracks and track junctions
Let's use the terminology of the ME. There are three types of the roads:
- paved (highway)
- ground (village type)
- path (for the human)
On the polygon there are only two roads, all other paths.

Was I supposed to follow that Panther?
It's up to u. I placed Panther just for the atmosphere.

I think I will remove it and the two extra Tigers and start trying to make the first, driving exercise.
OK, u're boss Wink

Learn how to create the briefing, loading screen and in-mission messages, and mark the map for the mission.
Here's my short file, which some kind as library for the mission creating.
http://www.4shared.com/rar/WXTDtzglce/training.html

For the driver training mission I want to draw a dotted line along the circuit track, if I can't do that maybe it's possible to add arrows, one after another.
That's it! Placing flag is more preferable for me.

I want to start all the missions with no movement programmed in (for the player's tank or platoon anyway) so it's important that the map is marked up for each mission. Otherwise the player will get lost like me.
There is a hint. To avoid confusing, just start the mission, exit and open file. Then u'll see all u need.
data\k42\loc_rus\levels\cur_mission.engcfg

Apart from playing the stock Matilda driving mission when I first bought SF, I have never driven an SF tank! All this gear-changing up and down, restarting the engine after stalling it and so on...it's a whole new world. out there Smiley
It's interesting, but not necessary. Though I remember I lost near month trying to understand how to move and reading manual Smiley

Need to do a bit more driving and experimenting but many thanks for the map, it's a great start.
With my pleasure Wink
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:11:16 PM by lockie » Logged

33lima
Oberst

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 11:48:36 PM »

First attempt to create a new driver mission on the map caused a crash (sim, not the tank). Will get it right at some point, but in the meantime I'm having fun exploring the new map. Driving as driver is hard work so I think the driver training mission will tell the player to change to the commander's station after a little while, and get some practice giving the driver orders, which is not such hard work.

It's a great map, I'm having fun with it already, but will get down to work soon.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:52:01 PM by 33lima » Logged

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 04:19:02 AM »

Apart from playing the stock Matilda driving mission when I first bought SF, I have never driven an SF tank! All this gear-changing up and down, restarting the engine after stalling it and so on...it's a whole new world, out there Smiley

It's recommended to go through all the Matilda tutorials, from beginning to end.  8)

I think I mentioned before, it (the experience) builds character.  Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »

First attempt to create a new driver mission on the map
Mission to drive the Tiger was made a long time ago (~1 year) Smiley
I just replaced Matilda on Tiger and added Panther.

33lima
Oberst

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »

I'll have a look at that one for comparison but I want a new Tiger driving mission as part of the 'Tank Platoon Commander' 'training career ', on the new map, and for it to include some features that may not be in the original, like contact drills, as well as 'driving' from the TC station.

Now that I've driven around the circuit, I need to drive across the middle. The main hill in the map, I need to explore. If it really badly slows down my tank trying to cross it, and for sure it it's impassible, I'll need to lower it, perhaps just in the middle to create a feature we call a saddle. It just needs to be just high enough to hide what's on the far side, on the reverse slope.

I noticed that you put some enemy infantry in the trenches! There was I, having a nice, quiet drive in the country, getting plenty of fresh air with hatches open and heads out, when they shot at us. It was fun watching the gun barrel swing around over my head and hear the crew in action, but I think I'll have to remove the Soviets, from the driver training mission. This is supposed to be Sennelager 1943-44, the Red Army of Peasants and Workers is still a long way away. I will need some OpFor people pretending to be the Bolshevik Hordes, running around with live rounds and captured T-34s...but not yet. The plan is to save that for the Final Exercise.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 01:33:42 PM »

I'd like to thanks all my friends!

I'll have a look at that one for comparison but I want a new Tiger driving mission as part of the 'Tank Platoon Commander' 'training career ', on the new map, and for it to include some features that may not be in the original, like contact drills, as well as 'driving' from the TC station.
This is good idea, but I may say the role commander is just for fun. U've ability to get the whole crew under command only in SPG, coz there is no turret Smiley
In case of tank, gunner is not obey fully to commander. I.e. u play the role of commander (F3) and see through site the target, but in this moment gunner spotted smth. interesting and decided to rotate the turret Grin
He doesn't care abt commander in this situation Smiley Of course, target lost from the sight.

I noticed that you put some enemy infantry in the trenches! but I think I'll have to remove the Soviets, from the driver training mission.
I just made a contours for the infantry and placed them for the atmosphere.
BTW
It was British infantry Wink

I will need some OpFor people pretending to be the Bolshevik Hordes, running around with live rounds and captured T-34s...but not yet. The plan is to save that for the Final Exercise.
Almost everything is possible. It depends on the fantazy Wink

Moderatorial: Removed OT.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:26:57 PM by Krabb » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: