Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 12:52:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machine gun bullets  (Read 7257 times)
kapulA
Oberst

« on: July 23, 2014, 04:26:41 PM »

Whelp, in addition to firing my popgun at them, I'm pretty sure I liberally sprayed them with my coax as well, which is a gamey tactic, I admit, as 7,92mm bullets shouldn't be able to damage their main gun, but after having lost my main gun to stray rifle potshots (even in a Tiger once!), I sometimes resort to the tactic in particularly desperate situation. Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:54:14 AM by Kyth » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 07:05:49 PM »

Yeah too bad that bug is still around.

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:58:22 AM »

Yeah too bad that bug is still around.

I have to say, I haven't encountered such an outrageous event yet. Is it a recent phenomenon? Or encountered in earlier versions?

As far as dishing it out goes, I can't say I ever achieved such startling results with the MG,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 05:42:35 AM »

It has existed as long as the game. I used that tactic first in 2009 once after running out of shells in my panzer IV F2 I started peppering a T-34/76 with MG and to my surpise after 3 minutes of plastering the main gun and turret with bullets the crew bailed out of the tank.I did the same with another tank and same results... It always works but onyl works successfully if yiou are dealing with a non aggressive AI crew.Because soemtimes they will kill you before your mg fire has the time to be effective.It probably has to do with the damage boxes.It can probably be attenuated using the " no trace " trick in the tech_cfg files....by
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 08:58:23 AM »

I've split this topic from the other one and I want to dig deeper into this surprising development.  Shocked

Could you give me some details about when / where it happened:

- Which tank you were using, when it got disabled by MG fire
- Which tank(s) you were able to knock out, using MG fire
- Would you happen to be using the game option to double the shell power?

"Yes."
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 09:01:06 AM »

It's how the moral system works, the MG causes moral damage and eventually the crew routs.
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »

The shelll power option is the one from the ingame menu? If so, it was disabled. As for tanks, I think it can be done to any one of them if you spend enough ammo. You could try putting some tanks with no ammo on the test range map and spraying them with the MG, I think the crew are bound to bail at some point, and you should be able to see that their main gun was put out of action by MG ammo in the post-mission statistics.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 10:35:03 AM »

It's how the moral system works, the MG causes moral damage and eventually the crew routs.

Yes but wouldn't the tank have to be disabled / immobilized? Otherwise they could just back off and drive away,

The shelll power option is the one from the ingame menu? If so, it was disabled. As for tanks, I think it can be done to any one of them if you spend enough ammo. You could try putting some tanks with no ammo on the test range map and spraying them with the MG, I think the crew are bound to bail at some point, and you should be able to see that their main gun was put out of action by MG ammo in the post-mission statistics.

Hmm probably we need to dial down their 'armour penetration factor' in the common_res,

"Yes."
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 11:16:20 AM »

Yes but wouldn't the tank have to be disabled / immobilized? Otherwise they could just back off and drive away,

Yes but the system isn't that detailed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: