Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:46:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well then.  (Read 11757 times)
ShosaAkira
Oberleutnant

« on: July 25, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »

So I had noticed that all of the download links for NTA are broken and only the Russian upload of SPM is still intact. Should I begin rioting in the streets or am I doing something wrong?

"Okimi no he ni koso shiname, kaerimi wa seji!"
But if I die for the Emperor, it shall not be a regret.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »

I don't think that rioting would be a good idea. Smiley The author have decided to remove the links for his whatever reasons.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:03:29 PM »

The NTA mod thread now seems to have disappeared now, too.  Sad [edit - it's still there, just no longer sticky and as reported the links are dead]

OK so rioting is out, then.

Didn't the NTA mod and the mission packs have multiple authors?

If that is so - and if there are no other plans to restore availability of the NTA mod - would any of the authors still around here  - Kyth, Frinik and Rends are names I recall, from missions or core components I can't recall -  who would consent to the NTA mod being uploaded to the downloads section at CombatAce? In the interests of the SF community, who need not be 'punished' over this.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:13:11 PM by 33lima » Logged

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 08:45:45 PM »

Find out where that author has found a new home perhaps and visit him there if that is at all possible.

I don't know if he and his work will resurface.

Lockie may not have been the only author but I'd say he had a pivotal role in NTA and it's admirable update schedule.

Bring back 3D markers!
ShosaAkira
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 10:50:48 PM »

So, no rioting in the streets then? I had to format my computer in a long and tedious quest to find the root of my GPU problems when in reality it was the GPU itself having replaced it recently I wanted to try Steel Fury again but understandably I am addicted to the mods for it. I will wait to see if anything resurfaces or if we can reupload it elsewhere temporarily.

"Okimi no he ni koso shiname, kaerimi wa seji!"
But if I die for the Emperor, it shall not be a regret.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 06:51:09 AM »

The NTA mod thread now seems to have disappeared now, too.  Sad [edit - it's still there, just no longer sticky and as reported the links are dead]

OK so rioting is out, then.

Didn't the NTA mod and the mission packs have multiple authors?

If that is so - and if there are no other plans to restore availability of the NTA mod - would any of the authors still around here  - Kyth, Frinik and Rends are names I recall, from missions or core components I can't recall -  who would consent to the NTA mod being uploaded to the downloads section at CombatAce? In the interests of the SF community, who need not be 'punished' over this.

I just asked lockie if i am allowed to re-upload NTA 1.8 =) If yes i will put it up again!

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 07:31:46 AM »

I am still without internet service but once I have it installed I will upload nta 1.8 n the mission pack 3.62 and the may update on my fileshare webpage.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 08:46:33 AM »

That's good news, hopefully it will come to pass! This is all very regretable. Maybe fences will be mended; but one way or another I hope Lockie hasn't given up on Steel Fury; his talents, helpfulness and enthusiasm would be sorely missed, as would the NTA mod.

Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 12:21:58 PM »

I hope too...  Cry

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 01:07:43 PM »

It really would be a shame. But it's completely understandable, given the situation in his homeland. Here's to hoping we haven't seen the last of him. Sad
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »

As Frinik has already reported, there's good news - 'the King is dead, long live the King' or to be precise, the NTAmod is dead, long live the STA mod!'

As Frinik has said reported, the NTA Mission Packs were made only by Lockie, who got the ok from each mission maker, so uploading would be inappropriate.

However, Lockie, I now know moved to another board, where the team there plans to make a new mod, 'Steel Tank Addon' (on the base NTA) with new GMPs (Game Mission Packs):

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/

So it seems that the continued development of what was the NTA mod is safe and in good hands.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:51:44 AM by 33lima » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »

33Lima please don't use expression like " ...As Frinik has said,..." because I didn't say it.I said in my post that I have been requested to post the message.The words in it are Lockie's not mine...
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »

Good news.  I just want to know who the cad is that misappropriated my forum name at that new site. Grin

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:04 AM »

Oh come on! we barely move to a new forum and we already have copyright issues? Grin
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:54:10 AM by frinik » Logged
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 10:55:01 AM »

Let's Go ! To the safe of the King !  Cheesy

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: