Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 01:39:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the AI improved at all?  (Read 3355 times)
noxos
Leutnant

« on: August 20, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »

I tried Operation Star a while ago and there were a lot of fantastic aspects of the game, but I found the AI to be a dealbreaker. Not on the strategic side, it did fine there, but on the tactical. It would often move troops up in the most half hazard way with no support, moving its units up in a big disorganized blob. Has this changed at all with recent updates?
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:19:45 PM »

I tried Operation Star a while ago and there were a lot of fantastic aspects of the game, but I found the AI to be a dealbreaker. Not on the strategic side, it did fine there, but on the tactical. It would often move troops up in the most half hazard way with no support, moving its units up in a big disorganized blob. Has this changed at all with recent updates?

I think they have updated demos available.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 07:50:59 AM »

AI the same and will remain the same in the next game and in the next too

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:03:44 AM »

I think he is referring to the sometime formation blobs that happen.  You know....  a mixed unit will string out all over the place.  tanks way out front with support weapons way in back.  That sort of thing.  Which call me crazy is not nearly as bad as a few years ago.  Usually if the ai chooses column formation and makes a LONG march.  (before contact with player forces after which they are way more likely to pick line and form up for a more proper attack.  Or I totally misunderstand.   Undecided

The ai proper is generally pretty good.  but as with all things ai it will likely never be as good as a human picking the best formation and route.  Although lots of people screw that up too. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: