Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 01:25:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which way do you prefer to play multiplayer games?  (Read 77562 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2014, 09:50:19 AM »

Quote from: Mucka on Today at 02:21:05 AM

Why not just have AI v AI battles and leave out humans altogether?

If one of these AI will fund the development we'll make this mode too Smiley

LOL  Cheesy Grin

First pretender

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2014, 08:17:09 PM »

I'd love to play this game with or against other humans in various ways.

Versus - 1 v 1 or maybe multiple users on each side 2 v 2, 4 v 4 etc

Coop - 2 v AI

Maybe have drop in battles like the TW series did with Shogun, so if you are playing a solo campaign other random or invited players can take control of AI armies for battles.

Full Campaign also in coop and Vs modes.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »

Maybe one day.

So far though, Andrey isn't convinced that enough people would be interested that would make the initial financial commitment profitable enough to pay for itself.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2014, 08:33:59 PM »

that is sad to hear, this is the most enjoyable RTS game I have ever played, i only found out about this game a couple of days ago and it surprises me that i hadn't heard about it sooner.

there must be thousands of people out there that would love this game as much as we do if only they knew about it, why is there no money? the gaming world is full of crappy games and sequels with ridiculous budgets and this gem, this wonderfully realised work of genius has no cash? It makes me so sad.

There is no doubt for me that buried inside this beautiful little game an absolute cracker of a franchise just waiting to break out, i hope the publishers or developers don't give up on this because it is the kind of game that could become a genre defining classic, it is unique.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2014, 08:51:59 PM »

Steam is a step in the right direction, and hopefully it will generate more interest in this game.

Another thing is Graviteam self publishes this series and has a small budget that mainly goes into development with little or no money left over for marketing.

I think self publishing is a good idea at least from a creative control standpoint, otherwise we would probably be looking at another one of those simple arcade like childrens version of war that most publishers demand before investing the big development bucks that always seems to fall short of delivering a professional quality adult gaming experience.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2014, 08:59:16 PM »

I do not think this sort of game ever has a shot at selling 2 million copy's.  On the flip side I do think it can sell well enough.  As Andrey loves to say, only 10 percent of gamers will ever play online.  Which is true.  Only a small percentage of player of this would ever actually play online.  BUT!  The word of mouth buzz of people on forums talking about playing on line is just another way to spread word of mouth.  I hope some day we do get some sort of MP.  But unless a way is found to do it on the cheap or some money falls from the sky, what can you do?

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2014, 04:04:41 PM »

I like thoughts of Andrey.

I don't like social games. I turned off the chat in WOT since years... The MP or MMOs are full of stupid guys, bots, cheaters, insults... I don't think a human can discover a lot of good friends through WOT... Transform a simulator into a MP game is impossible, because of reasons given by Andrey.

Maybe I can find it unfortunate the lack of 1 vs 1 or 2 vs AI in SABOW for the minority of time I would play to the game without AI or in coop. I played a lot time to SABOW vs AI. If MP was implemented, I know that I didn't like the majority of these games because of the opponent (stupid/bot/cheater...) IF I found a human to play with...

Conversely, I would like to play WOT without human. Ultimately, by playing it without chat, I play WOT like human vs AI. I think the qualities of WOT are the graphics and the number of maps. I would prefer to play SABOW a ten of hours per week if a lot of maps were created. NOT if MP is implemented to SABOW.

I would like replays to make video from different point of view (of the player side), create a nice movies and send them to Youtube (maybe the way to socialize SABOW?). I would like to run AI vs AI game instead of playing or watching a bad Hollywood movie.

This personal view isn't important, I think Andrey is right.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: