Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:18:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mius Front Operational Map  (Read 10156 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: September 17, 2014, 11:32:26 PM »

Andrey,

Could you please post a picture of the operational map for this game with the English names of the villages and key hill elevation points.

I'm re-reading Decision in the Ukraine and the maps in that book are horrible and would appreciate using the Graviteam map for this area since it is better.
I have this one but it doesn't show the names of the towns or hill elevations.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:05:40 AM »

Now texts not marked over surface. It will be done at end of development.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »

An approximate scheme (could be mistakes and inaccuracies). Was done according to the '1939 Soviet map. In the German versions (which are used in USA/European books) could be other spelling (even full name) variants and a little bit different hights marks (cause of different year source).

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:51:04 PM by FB_AGA » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:54:03 PM »

Thank you, FB_AGA .

The names of the villages I was able to ascertain and place on the other map using the paint program and the crappy maps from the book I'm reading, but I was struggling with where to mark the key hill features and their elevations in relation to the Graviteam map.

Your map markings are very much appreciated along with the gully names and locations, thank you again this helps very much.

It's always much easier to read about and study a battle if you have a decent map to reference.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:24:06 PM by Dane49 » Logged
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 03:44:13 PM »

You are welcom, if you have any questions with locations I could help. I have not read the book. Only have briefly looked it through. Unfortunately, it is not very accurate about Soviet side -  strengths, units, numbers, plans and so on.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:37:59 PM »

Yes, the author admits that outside of David Glantz and what He has translated from the Russian war records  that for his(Nipes) book "Decision in the Ukraine" His primary sources are from German records and manuscripts. I agree that this story is basically being told from the German side as the author freely admits it.

Most history of the east front in the US is told from the German side mainly because there isn't much Russian literature on the war here to choose from. The western front is covered  much better and many books cover the battles from both sides records.

I find for every 1 book on the Russian front written for a western audience there are probably 500 written about the war in the west or the war against Japan. It's not that there isn't much interest in the Russo-German war here in the West, there just isn't much being written about it, and what is being written doesn't go into much detail on the Russian perspective.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: