Graviteam
April 18, 2024, 05:57:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall Blau  (Read 12401 times)
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« on: December 12, 2010, 10:58:47 PM »

I kow te question was asked before but any news about it ? Will have a chance to see it release one day ? It will be really welcome to our tanksim !

best regards,

Joch

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 01:57:32 AM »

Sorry Joch but Fall Blau has been in limbo for quite sometime now and probably will never see the light of day (even though it is a very much completed/finished game). Another factor to consider is Fall Blau is really a moot point since most of what was in it has already been added by the SFK42 modders (and much, much more). Although I did hear the AI in Fall Blau was better then SFK42, but by how much we will probably never know.
Cheers.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 08:38:26 AM »

Jochen; as Panzerfaust said Fall Blau is dead and buried.The Russian distributor that owns the right never released it ( perhaps because the Western distributor,  Lighthouse Interactive went belly up?) and they have been sitting on it since July or August 2009. By now who would want to buy it?Unless of course they would go for a nominal fee... Anyway the modders have enhanced SF so much that all Fall Blau might bring are a few additional maps and perhaps slightly better AI.But considering Gravieam is releasing Steel Armour Blaze of War in early 2011 and a new WWII simulator sometimes next year( second half ) with much improved AI, graphics and effects FB is for all instances dead and buried.

Haven't I seen your name on some French-speaking sim forum,???

Cheers
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:24:23 PM »

Hi friends,

Thanks for your replies et your clarifications. Sad for Fall Blau and for us but I hope SF142 will live better and better in the future. Of course, I have already installed many mod since the begining:

-Frontline_Acoustics_Modified_en_v1.1=1
-Compass_mod.v02=2
-Steel_Sound_Mod_v1.1(fix)_eng=3
-Free Camera Mod (Eng)=4
-Muddy & Dusty Texture Mod (Part 1)=5
-Steel_Textures_Mod_v1.1=6
-Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta=7
-PzVI_Tiger_Epack=8
-Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng=9
-PzIV_Dirty_SF=10
-MOD T-34 crew head movement=11
-Rends_Prokhorovka_Version1=12
-SoundMod by NSU=13

Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:30:31 PM »

Yes frinik, I have seen you too in some forums...perhaps ETO/ PTO for CFS3 or SUBSIM for ZeeWolf's Kursk 1943. Maybe it could be All Simulations Aircraft or sim-outhouse for the Ultrapack 2.01 Mod for il2 1946, Over Flanders Fields ? Rise of Flight ? Panzer Elite Se (ostpak). As you can see, I'm here and here where the goods projects are born for the best ww2 sims and wargames ! Ww2 Wargames simmer addict power !  Grin
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:33:39 PM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »

Jochen most likely on the Panzer Elite PEDS forum or ZeeWolf's Kursk mod since I play both and I am member of both fora( although lately I haven't been much on the PE one).IL2 I have but I don't play.Tell me about addiction; I checked my stats under just one of my profile in only one of my 12 SF installations( on 2 pcs) and under that one alone I have 9867 missions completed, 46 758 shells and 557 412 bullets fired with 102 459 enemy killed against 82 309 of mine , 9548 enemy tanks destroyed against 5712 of mine including 457 under my command and 4597 kilometres covered.I have another 12 profiles in total( I''ll have to compile all my stats) .I guess I am a one-man war!!!!

Hang one Blaze of War seems to be promising.How come you're not playing Steel Beasts?

Cheers
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 11:35:20 PM »

Oh man, you rocks ! Incredible addictive nature ! Cheesy

yeah, I'd like to play Steel beasts. But there is too much version. What version do you advice me ?

Indeed, blaze of war seems to be good as GRAVITEAM accustomed us. So for now, I'm going to crush some platoons in Achtung Panzer: Karkhov 1943 Wink

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 04:09:13 AM »

I have 9867 missions completed, 46 758 shells and 557 412 bullets fired with 102 459 enemy killed against 82 309 of mine , 9548 enemy tanks destroyed against 5712 of mine including 457 under my command and 4597 kilometres covered.

A mark of true dedication ... the Genghis Khan type of dedication, that is,  Wink

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 08:22:52 AM »

Thanks Jochen,

Mind you SF is addictive owing very much to the Mission Editor which is fairly user-friendly and allows you to make your own tailor-made user missions.I encourage and recommend you to play with it and make your own stuff with the ME. I love to experiment for example I have made a battle which pitches German SPGs against Soviet ones.Stugs III F andf Gs, Hetzers, Jagdpanthers and Ferdinand/Elefants against SU 85, 122, 152 and Stug IIII C/D (beute/trophy).I have played both sides. Even at a ratio of 2 to 1 in favour of the Sovs in general they lose.Can't wait to add the SU 100 and the Stug IV or the StuH42 to the line-up. I think with my score poor Kurt Knispel will have to live in my shadow... Grin Eat your heart out Witmann!!!!

With 20 maps to play with( the stock 18 + Rends Prokhorovska and the NSU 's desert map) there's plenty of variety.The maps are just too small but this is going to eb addressed in Graviteam's future simsBlaze of War will have considerably bigger maps and the next WWII sim as well I am sure.

I would really hope to see PE be brought up-to-date.I love what the modders have done with PE3, and all the improvements but let's face it despite that PE is outdated in most areas.It's like a 50-year old chick having undergone plastic surgery and looking damned good for her age but by no means able to compete with a 30 year-old chickie. But JoWings could use the existign gamers with all the maps and vehicles and missions etc and create  a sim with 2010 graphics, FX etc.If this were to happen then SF, TvsT and all other WWII sims would be pushed away to the background because PE has both solid SP( which TvsT doesn't have) and MP( which SF lacks) and tons of maps and vehicles that cover the entire WWII spectrum of battlefields and armour.

Re Steel Beast I play the Gold Edition which I got at a good price but check with Skybird on the subsim HQ forum.He is a dedicated SB fan and drumbeater.He eats that game for breakfast, lunch and dinner and even Sundays too!

He might give you the best advice re which version to play.If you're not a member of that forum no worries I can post him and ask the question on your behalf?

Kyth do think I can aspire to the Knight's Cross with oak leaves and diamond????Well whatever I do I like to do it to the cataclysmic end... Wink
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 05:43:44 PM »

The maps are just too small but this is going to be addressed in Graviteam's future sim, Blaze of War

Isn't BoW a different type of game altogether than SFK42? For instance, the player doesn't command an individual tank in that game, does he? If that's the case, and it's rather a platoon ~ company level + type of game rather than a super-tactical/individual game such as SFK42 certainly is, that explains the difference in scale for the maps.

I agree the 2 x 2km map limitation for SFK42 needs to be investigated (I still haven't gotten a straight answer to the question of whether this was a self-imposed limit by the original developers for performance purposes, or whether it can be expanded in the ME); I mean, an 88 gun can hit targets slightly beyond 2km, so that puts "the edge of the world" far too close to the players' view...

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 01:26:16 AM »

Hi Stig,

The 2km x 2km limit appears to be built into the map-generation engine. Now, there are some lines in the 'stencil.poly' file that seem to specify the resolution. Someone with the time and patience could tinker around with these and see how it goes.  Huh?

Meanwhile. The maps are supposed to 'tile' together, so the playing area can actually stretch out quite a long way to infinity... If you stray too far, the game will give a squawk that you are 'out of the map area'.
It seems to me that erasing the 'out of map' message from the text file, is a much easier proposition...  Grin   

Regards,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 08:06:36 AM »

One problem I see Kyth is why it might be easy to turn the "out of mission area" message in the mission editor the maps do not stretch as far as the eye can see.In fact the same map is reproduced to infinity whatever side you shift to  .What is interesting though is that the same map will have differences for example a village on one version will not be reproduced and instead they'll be a thicket of wood or an empty field.Likewise a forest that appears on the "original"map will just be shrubs on the doppelgaenger.

Tell me Kyth how do you manage to expand your maps in the mission editor?Huh?

In which folder do you find the message "you're leaving mission area"?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 08:53:37 AM »

Hi Frinik,

Yes, the same map is reproduced in a sort of tile-pattern.
It's easy to see the pattern in the mission-editor, but not so obvious on the ground,  Smiley

I think the text file is either 'loc_kit_tools.text' or 'loc_kit.text', which if you set the relevant value as "{ }" should eliminate the error message.

You'll still get the tooting noise, however, every couple of minutes ... most heinous...  Sad

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »

Thanks Kyth.I checked several of these files did not find it.
 However I found the following.txt_med_deb_weap() { The weapon is damaged; }
in the loc_kit_tools filke.I wonder if i erase thettext will it put an end to gun damage or more likely simply remove the message " turm geschlagen " without actually preventing damage to the gun?

What dop you think?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »

Cheesy

LOL

Somehow, I don't think it'll end the gun damage, just the 'helpful' message that appears a minute after you can't shoot anymore  Grin

Okay, I found the line, it's labelled 'txt_op_zone()' in the loc_kit.text file. The game will give a helpful squawk with this message whenever you're outside the 'zone'.

(Edit)
Hmmm... I stand corrected. Something bad happens after you ignore the warnings... it's 'Mission Fail' if you wander too long outside the edge of the world  Angry

AI Tanks don't appear to have this limitation, though,
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:25:09 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 07:15:31 AM »

Kyth, I had a feeling that since these were mere text. file they would simply impact on the message not the actual action.I guess we'll have to look elsewhere.I'll post Graviteam's Admin and hope thye respond.It might be thta the map limitations are built-in and cannot be removed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: