Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 09:44:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle Map covered in grey  (Read 6285 times)
kcajle
Oberleutnant

« on: November 09, 2014, 10:42:14 PM »

Hello,

I just bought Operation Star today (along with 3 DLC's) and installed it via Steam. I am able to load the game, however, when I enter the battle map/tactical view everything is grey. I can see red and blue unit icons but cannot see the actual unit/sprite itself or any terrain. I've tried installing the latest patch and core on the website: gtos_cu_581c1_eng.exe and gtos_patch_may14_eng.gt2extension but that did not seem to fix the problem.

I updated my video card drivers but I have the same issue. I'm not very tech adept so I'm at a loss at what the issue is. I can run games like Rome 2, Wargame: Red Dragon and other graphically high end games without issue.

Specs:

Win 7
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory: 8 GB
Vid Card: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 11:02:52 PM »

Is it a night battle?
Try a daylight quick battle and see if you have the same problem.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 04:33:20 AM »

Turn off force Anti aliasing in your video card settings.  This is probably the issue.

Yabba dabba do
WallysWorld
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 01:26:39 AM »

Flashburn is correct. It happens to me too with my 660 Ti with the AA turned on for the video card.
kcajle
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 11:12:04 PM »

Ah, thank you Flashburn - that was indeed the issue. But just to clarify - did you mean turn off AA in game? Because I didn't see any options labeled as such. So I turned my graphics down to Balanced and enabled the auto detect graphics option.

I also went into my "Manage 3D settings" option for my vid card and set Antialiasing - Mode to off.

I'm not sure which exactly fixed it, but I can at least see the map and units now.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:08:25 AM »

Ah, thank you Flashburn - that was indeed the issue. But just to clarify - did you mean turn off AA in game? Because I didn't see any options labeled as such. So I turned my graphics down to Balanced and enabled the auto detect graphics option.

I also went into my "Manage 3D settings" option for my vid card and set Antialiasing - Mode to off.

I'm not sure which exactly fixed it, but I can at least see the map and units now.

Yes in video card.  Often folks set it to force on, or equal to that.  99% of the time it works out fine.  Except when it does not.   Smoothing I think is the setting that is the games version of AA.  Something like let app control as a default is safe.  AS is making a profile in your video card options just for GTOS to not run force AA on. 

Yabba dabba do
SeriousCat
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »

Turn off force Anti aliasing in your video card settings.  This is probably the issue.

I had the same problem (Thread: All Textures Are Grey). The above solution fixed it for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: