Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 03:59:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GT: Operation Star Vs Achrung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 difference  (Read 7878 times)
freespirit
Oberleutnant

« on: November 10, 2014, 12:52:30 PM »

Hello
I own two games ACHTUNG PANZER: Kharkov 1943 and Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star. I didn’t start to play on none of them yet, but soon I’m going to. I heard that Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star is a sequel of ACHTUNG PANZER: Kharkov 1943. So my question is: what is the really difference between these two games? Does Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star contains the same missions like ACHTUNG PANZER: Kharkov 1943. I just  would like to start playing, but if Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star has the same content like AP: Kharkov 1943 and more, so is no point for me to even start playing with Kharkov 1943.  That’s why I’m not sure which game I should start first. Thanks
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »

I wouldn't bother with APK43. The game is no longer supported and is the inferior version of GTOS.
The graphics and UI are much better in GTOS and you can add other DLC to GTOS also.
APK 43 has the Taranovka and Sokolovo campaign maps while GTOS has the Rakitnoe and Taranovka campaign maps. You can pick up the Sokolovo DLC for GTOS very cheap on Steam right now.

APK43 was OK 5 years ago but it's dated and looks very old and clunky compared to GTOS.
I bought APK 43 three years ago about a week before APOS/GTOS was released and found APOS/GTOS to be easier to use and the graphics are much better in GTOS too. I don't even bother with APK 43 anymore and have deleted it from my hard drive. GTOS is by far the superior game and unless your nostalgic there is no reason to learn or play APK43 anymore. That is except for one thing, APK43 has a German campaign for Sokolovo and GTOS doesn't.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:56:12 PM by Dane49 » Logged
freespirit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 08:04:50 PM »

Thanks for reply. That's what I thought, that APK 43 is kind of old version of GTOS. I definitely prefer start with the better game, especially like you suggest that all content from APK 43 is actually available on GTOS but in better quality. I'm a big fan of this kind of strategy games and reviews of GTOS are really good so I'm sure I will have a lot of fun. Thanks
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »

YA I would stick the time into GTOS.  But might be fun to go back in time to K43 later.  A few of the campaigns there are fun.  And different enough from GTOS that it may be worth the time.

Yabba dabba do
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »

Hmmmmm,
What ever happened to that Sokolovo campaign for GTOS? Cry
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:10:52 AM »

Hmmmmm,
What ever happened to that Sokolovo campaign for GTOS? Cry

HA!  Exactly the one I was thinking of too when I wrote that.   Tongue  But that was a DLC if memory serves. 

Yabba dabba do
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 09:35:52 PM »

We got a Russian Sokolovo DLC, but the German one never made an appearance,
shame, as it was my favourite map in APK 43.
Wasn't someone trying to make one?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »

Flashburn was thinking about modding a german campaign for Sokolobvo, but i think he chucked the idea. Sad
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 04:45:53 PM »

Flashburn was thinking about modding a german campaign for Sokolobvo, but i think he chucked the idea. Sad

No...I did not throw it out with the bath water.   I have no motivation right now.  And another reason as well.   

Yabba dabba do
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:54 PM »

Such a pity,
I would have paid for that DLC as well.
I assume Longstop went the same way?
That was really looking good.
Unfortunately life gets in the way! Sad
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »

Such a pity,
I would have paid for that DLC as well.
I assume Longstop went the same way?
That was really looking good.
Unfortunately life gets in the way! Sad

Longstop was different.  In order to do it justice it needed some cash to pay for a few things professionally.  In this case, its much more simple thing.  A few days in configs and a couple weeks of testing and it would be done.  Its really just no motivation on my part.  I started the config work.  But just was not having any fun.  LOL.  And another reason.....

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: