Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 10:23:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Info about the game please.  (Read 6064 times)
freespirit
Oberleutnant

« on: November 11, 2014, 01:02:07 PM »

Hello. I'm going to buy Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, but before purchase I have a question. Can someone specify please, what type of campaigns are in the game? How many Soviet and how many German. And also how many missions are in each campaign? Thanks
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 02:53:06 PM »

This may be of interest to you also.  It is a mod for the game.  It doesn't answer your question directly but it does show the amount of missions and units available for the game.

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/f1-game-discussion-sf

Bring back 3D markers!
freespirit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:23:45 PM »

Thanks for suggestion, I will definitely try.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 04:05:51 AM »

free spirit, with all the current mods you have at least a dozen campaigns with various tanks ro vehicles for each side and hundreds of user-made missions and lots of various mdos.As suggested by Tanker best to join the forum and find out for yourself.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 08:04:56 PM »

These pics show the listing of all the campaigns (right-hand panel) in one of my Steel fury installs (for the NTA mod; the newer STA mod is similar).

I believe that the stock campaigns are 'Soviet Army, Group South', 'Soviet Army, Group North' and 'German Army, Fridericus I'. Here I have been playing thru the German campaign and the missions so far (they appear as you work through them so I don't yet know how many missions there are, in this campaign) are listed in the LH panel.

As you can see the stock campaigns feature the 1942 battle for Kharkov, when a Red Army offensive, designed to follow up on the victories before Moscow over the winter, was launched but came unstuck and was then rolled back disastrously by a planned German offensive.

There's a short mission report on the Petrovka mission here:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4034799/Re:_Latest_mod_for_Steel_fury_#Post4034799
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:08:47 PM by 33lima » Logged

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
freespirit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 09:05:49 PM »

Thanks. This looks quite impressive. To be honest I didn't know that is so many available missions. That's great. Especially that in tank simulation genre we don't have many games to chose from.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: