Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:34:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 GE (GamersGate) problem with language settings)  (Read 28637 times)
spillblood
Oberleutnant

« on: December 02, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »

Hi, bought the GamersGate version of Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 recently. Is there some way to change the language settings? I'd like to switch it to English, but it's always set to German language when I install. I can't find an option in the menus.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:21:55 AM by spillblood » Logged
spillblood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 11:12:02 PM »

Anyone has a solution for that? Actually the German translation in this game is better than in Steel Armor Blaze of War, but I'd like to be able to choose the language.
Could you please move both posts to the appropriate forum thread (the one for Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943)? Just noticed that I've posted them in the wrong subforum.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:13:35 PM by spillblood » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 03:41:13 AM »

Hi, bought the GamersGate version of Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 recently. Is there some way to change the language settings? I'd like to switch it to English, but it's always set to German language when I install. I can't find an option in the menus.

There are no options for languge versions in the options menu. You bought the wrong version, and in the wrong language!
I'm suprised you even want to play this out-dated version of GTOS, it's no longer supported and is the inferior version of GTOS. Do yourself a favor and play the superior version of this game(GTOS) and buy the version with the language you understand.

APK43  compared to GTOS is like the difference between Rome II and Rome I or Combat Mission I and II.

Maybe Gamersgate might be able to help you with switching to a version of the game that you can understand considering you already bought it from them, and explain to them you bought the wrong languge version. I didn't even know there was a German version, I bought APK43 3 years ago from Amazon with an English version option only.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:58:54 AM by Dane49 » Logged
spillblood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »

There are no options for languge versions in the options menu. You bought the wrong version, and in the wrong language!
I didn't even know there was a German version, I bought APK43 3 years ago from Amazon with an English version option only.
You're overreacting quite a bit. I am German, so I can understand the language, but I'd like to play it in English. I guess GamersGate offer me a German version based on my IP adress. As I can only download this installer.
Regarding Graviteam Tactics: I have that as well, bought it twice (on Matrix and through a sale on IndieGameStand), including all addons. I'd just like to check out the prequel as well.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 09:02:45 PM »

I'm afraid there's no official way to switch the language. Quote from Paradox staff:
Hi guys,

The German version will remain a German only version to adhere to the German laws and to avoid any potential issues.

Kind regards
Susana Meza

Unofficially, you could try unpacking the English patch (use innounp, it's a command line app, launch it like this: innounp -x -d<path for unpacked files> kharkov_patch_v517_en.exe), and taking the localization out of it. I don't have this game and only guessing here, and maybe this wouldn't work on APK43 at all, so make a backup first. In the patch you will need these folders and files:
data/k43t/loc_eng/packed_data/text_loc_upd.flatdata
data/k43t/dev_updates/loc_eng/packed_data
data/k43t/dev_updates/shared/camps/<various campaigns>/local/loc_eng
data/k43t/dev_updates/shared/root/programs.flatdata

Put text_loc_upd.flatdata and the files from dev_updates/loc_eng/packed_data into your game's data/k43t/loc_eng/packed_data folder. Campaign's local/loc_eng folders go into the game's respective camps folders. And finally, replace the game's data/k43t/shared/root/programs.flatdata file with programs.flatdata from the patch.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: