Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 03:59:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the config file please?  (Read 7373 times)
rss334
Oberleutnant

« on: December 14, 2014, 06:21:38 PM »

I need to change in game settings as I can't see the apply button in the config menu in order to change anything.  I can't find a config file but have seen mention in the loc_eng directory?   Any help on where I can go to change these settings outside the game would be appreciated.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 06:26:47 PM »

data/k43t/dev_updates/shared/config/config.cfgpack. But I think it would be easier to change your desktop resolution to a lower value (temporary), and then set the resolution in the game. I guess this is an ultra-wide display?

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
rss334
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »

^ Thank you for that...
rss334
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 07:41:28 PM »

Can the config.cfgpack not be modified?   I need to enter resolution and aspect ratio's somewhere.  Yes trying to run in 3072x768, but the game menus are cut off so either need to change aspect ratio or resolution somewhere.   Don't really want to turn two monitors off to play though.    Is a special mod tool required to modify this file?  Where is that?   Also I have version 5.81 (2283) yet the patches are not done in version number so how do you know what to patch?

i_render:render                           <I     €H      @    >                                                              i_reninfo:reninfo     
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 07:44:37 PM by rss334 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 08:07:48 PM »

The game doesn't support multi monitor play, only singular. The devs didn't design the game game with multi monitor play in mind.
rss334
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 08:24:06 PM »

The game doesn't support multi monitor play, only singular. The devs didn't design the game game with multi monitor play in mind.

So is it not possible to edit the config files?  I really want to avoid having to disable all my monitors to play.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 08:30:27 PM »

I don't know. Andrey said they designed the game with only single monitor in mind since they don't have a multi monitor set up. This might be taken into consideration for the new game Mius Front, but only the devs can confirm that. Currently though the game doesn't display properly for multi monitor play.
rss334
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 08:37:16 PM »

Sad
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 06:37:42 AM »

Game runs only with "classic" aspects: 4:3, 5:4, 16:9. Others were not tested and don't work. Could you set the game to run on a single monitor?

For editing the config files see docs/modwork/modtools.pdf, cfgp2pd and pd2cfgp, page 8.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Gump9155
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 05:25:58 PM »

I think I'm in the same boat.  Bought the game on GG, downloaded and patched successfully.  The game seems to start ok right up to the loading screen when the whole image shifts down and to the right.  At the main menu the mouse is unable to highlight the options when hovering over them.  I am able to select an option by offsetting the mouse the right of what I want to click.  In going into the options screen I am able to select the display tab but cannot click on the option to modify the resolution.

I've tried virtually every display resolution available but the problem persists.  I've heard that Windows 8 is unsupported (which I have), so does this mean I'm out of luck?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 06:47:39 PM »

Game works (tested) on single monitor with aspects 16:9, 16:10, 4:3, 5:4. Yes, you can use multimon configs (in last patch this will be correctly works with mouse cursor), but not use strange extensions like virtual screens or ultra wide or somthing.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Gump9155
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »

Were you running Window 8?  I've tried those aspects on my single monitor with same results.
rss334
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 10:23:54 PM »

Were you running Window 8?  I've tried those aspects on my single monitor with same results.

Responded in other thread.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: