Graviteam
April 18, 2024, 01:49:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow what a game  (Read 6000 times)
rss334
Oberleutnant

« on: December 16, 2014, 03:42:08 AM »

I know I'm late to the party and I spent the better part of a year complaining about no triple monitor support, but with the sale over at gamersgate I bought the base game anyway.   Later that night .....  I bought all the DLC, exactly the kind of game I've been looking for.  There's another product that I tried to get in to, lets just call it "CM", the interface felt Klunky to me, there was no real immersion in the game, and try as I might I simply could not play it even as much as I told myself I wanted to.  After about 9 hours with this I've come to these realizations

1) The game is huge - I'll never make through all this DLC I bought Smiley
2) I spent the better part of tonight defending a hill from an assault in an infantry only battle.  After an hour standoff I flanked the enemy with one group and drove them in to the valley where they got slaughtered.  There's no other game I've found that can simulate battle that way for so long.  What a thrill it was just to watch the two sides take shots at each other.
3) I need to read the manual, in a bad way.
4) The games replay-ability is huge.
5) I have a man crush on soldiers ..... um I find my self calling them by name and care about them greatly.   The immersion is incredible.
6) Single monitor is not as bad as I thought  Embarrassed   But you know what would make this game 3x better, well 2x?   Triple monitor support  Tongue

I see many months of Operation Star in my future.  Should have listened to the rest of you!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:51:35 AM by rss334 » Logged
Gump9155
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 07:07:41 PM »

Are you running Windows 8? 

I bought during the GG sale too and so far have been stuck unable to begin due to some kind of aspect/resolution issue.
rss334
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:23:05 PM »

Are you running Windows 8? 

I bought during the GG sale too and so far have been stuck unable to begin due to some kind of aspect/resolution issue.

No windows 7 here but triple screen multiple monitor sli setup.   The only solution I found was to run on a single monitor with a resolution lower than 1980x1600.   I found no way to set an aspect ratio in the config file as of yet.
Gump9155
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 12:09:05 AM »

The best possible aspect for my Windows 8 rig is at 2048x1536, at which point I can see the Update option on the main screen.  Other aspects seem to progressively cut off more and more to where I'm only seeing the upper right corner. 

Looks like such a cool game, one for which I've been looking forward to for some time.  I'm at the end of my limited skills to find a solution.

Thanks for the response and best of luck!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 12:13:05 AM »

The best possible aspect for my Windows 8 rig is at 2048x1536, at which point I can see the Update option on the main screen.  Other aspects seem to progressively cut off more and more to where I'm only seeing the upper right corner. 

Looks like such a cool game, one for which I've been looking forward to for some time.  I'm at the end of my limited skills to find a solution.

Thanks for the response and best of luck!

Can you make a screen (or photo on camera) how this issue look?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Gump9155
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 01:00:15 AM »

I have a photo of the main menu page, but I don't know how to post it here.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 01:11:04 AM »

I have a photo of the main menu page, but I don't know how to post it here.

upload on imgur.com and post link to it

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 08:58:52 AM »

Uploading images to the forum

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 02:33:38 PM »

It is a superb tactical wargame. CM wins out for me solely due to WEGO and replay (though it's still a excellent tactical wargame in it's own right)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: