Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 09:51:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AI in the game?  (Read 6612 times)
sherlockboneman
Oberleutnant

« on: January 11, 2015, 08:33:29 AM »

I just completed the commander's tutorial with SPM 2.0 installed.

Is it just me, or is the AI absolutely terrible? I used the "sometimes" functioning F mode to mark targets, but it seems my tank can literally drive on top of them and my gunner never fires. Also, the 'Numpad Enter' key is supposed to switch between main gun, secondary, or auto? That key doesn't do anything???

Can somebody please comment on all of the above- very frustrating.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 10:56:20 AM »

Learn and complete the tutorials in the Matilda. (it also builds character).

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
sherlockboneman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 04:18:07 AM »

How do I do the tutorials in the Matilda? I just click the tutorial and it starts... it doesn't give me a choice. FYI I have the panzer mod 2.0 installed.

I was able to complete the tutorials, but the AI is crazy- I press F, click on a target, and they drive directly to it- sometimes run it over. This is especially apparent in the commanders tutorial. Is this how it's supposed to work? I'd rather them (and my tank- who doesn't shoot at anything) shoot from a distance.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:30:03 AM »

See the documents about what the keyboard commands do.  But F and right mouse click orders the driver to move to that position, F and left mouse click designates the target for the gunner.

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 02:15:14 PM »

How do I do the tutorials in the Matilda? I just click the tutorial and it starts... it doesn't give me a choice. FYI I have the panzer mod 2.0 installed.

That's simple - temporarily disable SPM 2.0 and any other mods. That'll revert to the original vanilla version of Steel Fury with the Matilda training missions Smiley

You'll see that all the on-screen instructions actually apply to the Matilda, which has a 3-man turret.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »

Or alternately you can keep the SPM 2.0 and simply change the tank to the default Matilda one. A bit more difficult but also fun and rewarding.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: