Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 12:35:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another modding question  (Read 3071 times)
JamesX
Hauptmann

« on: January 30, 2015, 01:11:30 PM »

Does anyone know where to find the code to increase the effectiveness of entrenchments? 
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 02:04:37 PM »

What do you mean by effectiveness? If a bonus to unit's characteristics, there are none. This is a realistic simulator. Cheesy

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
JamesX
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 04:52:06 PM »

By effectiveness I mean Protection from incoming fire - not a magic bonus to a units characteristics!  The reason I want to mod this is that I keep seeing fully entrenched squads get unfeasibly heavy casualties.  Their in a trench below ground level and only need expose head & shoulders briefly to shoot or spot.  Under heavy fire a squad would duck below the parapet.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:55:54 PM by JamesX » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »

By effectiveness I mean Protection from incoming fire - not a magic bonus to a units characteristics!  The reason I want to mod this is that I keep seeing fully entrenched squads get unfeasibly heavy casualties.  Their in a trench below ground level and only need expose head & shoulders briefly to shoot or spot.  Under heavy fire a squad would duck below the parapet.

What Krabb is saying is there are not bonuses or anything to being in a trench.  It is totally dependent on how the trench is located.  They will duck down, but that is being suppressed.  If you have infantry in trench and select ambush thing in the UI modifier panel they will pretty much do what you are after.  But they are less effective.  Enemy infantry can often walk almost right up to them.  Fewer eyes looking for the enemy. But once engaged they do the peek and shoot.  Other wise, you need to probably modify the infantry trench itself.  Which is grey scale height map. 

High explosive shells from larger guns have no issues blowing apart trenches.  Its one reason why 75mm guns where seen as the minimum for infantry support work for tanks.  What I do as soon as these guys start to get pounded bad is use the ambush order from the modifier panel as soon as fire gets to intense.  Or perhaps make it easier to get suppressed I guess and a shorter time to recover from it.  That would also maybe do it.   

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: