Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 03:17:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Steel Fury  (Read 12667 times)
r1oldy
Oberleutnant

« on: February 02, 2015, 07:13:23 PM »

I have just discovered Steel Fury sim and after watching some footage on Youtube I really like the look of it (became bored with WOT & the trolls it attracts). I do have some questions though if someone could advise/ help please?

1. If I buy and download this game now will it include up to date Mods etc so I get the later war tanks such as Tiger 1 or II & Panther?
2. How does it run on Windows 7 or 8? I have seen the advise re. not installing to C drive but just wondering if any other real problems?
3. Is this game purely against AI or is there an online multi-player version?
4. Do I have to be an IT expert to update/maintain this game, seems to be a lot of patches/mods or can I just play and enjoy it?

I'm new to Steel Fury/this forum so apologies if I ask dumb questions etc and thanks in advance to replies  Smiley
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 01:54:45 PM »

This game is no different than other games/sims that can be modded be it Arma2, IL2, Steel Beasts etc...You need not be an expert  but simply follow instructions and ask for help /advice when required but after first trying things by yourself.

I run the game on Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 without any issue. One important advice, it's preferable not to install the game in the C: Program ilesd (X86) drive. In fact better install it in a different partition. This way you avoid having to use run as administrator and other issues that come with Windows OS in the C: drive.

This game is single player only and was never intended to be MP. However there are hundreds of missions divided between the stock campaigns and single missions and about 3 to 4 different mission packs with tanks and armour models from 1939 until 1945 ( we even have models like the T-44, Js-3 and Panther Ausf F  in the game although they were never deployed in WW2.

To get all the latest models just read my PM. Welcome top SF, you'll enjoy it tremendously. After turkeys like WoT or WT ( my opinion; not universally accepted ;-)))) it's a refreshing change to experience a good tank simulator.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 04:40:43 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

1. If I buy and download this game now will it include up to date Mods etc so I get the later war tanks such as Tiger 1 or II & Panther?
Mods are not included in the game as sold. For mods check SPM 2.0 and there.

2. How does it run on Windows 7 or 8? I have seen the advise re. not installing to C drive but just wondering if any other real problems?
Windows 7 or 8 seem to be compatible with the game, as reported by players and as frinik said. As of C drive: it's the issue with the Program Files folder default permissions, don't install the game into it.

3. Is this game purely against AI or is there an online multi-player version?
Only single-player.

4. Do I have to be an IT expert to update/maintain this game, seems to be a lot of patches/mods or can I just play and enjoy it?
If you are familiar with the JSGME utility it's probably easy enough. Anyway, you are welcome to ask here if you have questions.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
r1oldy
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 08:34:49 PM »

Thanks for the replies frinik & Krabb, sounds good. A holiday to get out of the way first then will be joining the ranks!  Smiley
Shawdawg
Leutnant

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 05:09:12 PM »

I'm new to the game as well, got it off GamersGate, and really like it and Steel Armor. My Q is, it seems like a lot of the links to the mods are down. I got 1.5 to kinda work. The Tiger worked, but the cockpit was all flickery, and I couldn't even use the gunsight.

But when I try going to NTA or SPM 2.0, none of the links seem to be working.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »

Welcome Shawdawg! The author decided to withdraw the links. And it seems SPM 2.0 links have disappeared, too... So, I unstickied the topic for now. Look for STA then.

Edit: Found an alternative link, updated the first post in SPM 2.0.

And another edit: Also look here: http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=14.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:57:07 PM by Krabb » Logged

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
Jukoman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »

Good day!

I'm more than one year do not stay tuned the mods of Steel Fury.

Тell me:
1.Are there any new technology (in 2013-2015) ?
2.Мade Katyusha?
3. Develops SPM 2.0? (in 2013-2015)
4. New British, French, American panzer?
5. Оther machines planes, guns, armored cars...?

I have SPM 2.0 (2012)

sorry for my english

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 08:22:24 PM »

Welcome! SPM 2.0 is latest and isn't being working on anymore.

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 08:36:21 PM »

Good day!

I'm more than one year do not stay tuned the mods of Steel Fury.

Тell me:
1.Are there any new technology (in 2013-2015) ?
2.Мade Katyusha?
3. Develops SPM 2.0? (in 2013-2015)
4. New British, French, American panzer?
5. Оther machines planes, guns, armored cars...?

I have SPM 2.0 (2012)

sorry for my english

1. Yes, there is a modpack called STA that is beeing worked on.
2. Yeah, its in STA pack since a year ago!
4. Brittish and American tanks are in
5. The vehicle list is way to big to write down

But google Steel Tank Addon and you will find it =)

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Jukoman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 05:00:29 PM »

CTA is compatible with SPM 2.0?
or replace it?

Changes SPM 2.0 included in the STA?

Krabb: Posts merged.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:07:04 PM by Krabb » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 05:08:21 PM »

These are different mods. But the base is the same I guess.

P.S. Russian subforum if it's more convenient: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:11:09 PM by Krabb » Logged

Jukoman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 08:19:51 PM »

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:29:28 PM by Jukoman » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: