Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 03:40:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Armor returns :)  (Read 176501 times)
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2015, 01:49:45 AM »

Military plants simulator  Grin

P.S switch grass option to ultra and you get smaller and density plants on big distances Smiley
P.P.S About squares on ground
click on image to explore

the light in that picture comes upper left, must tilt camera so facing lightsource then you will see the squares

also, about poppy plant, i'm saying they are too big. they should be smaller and more dense. my grass is on ultra. that picture is not mine. just one example of foliage that can be improved.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2015, 02:10:00 AM »

SABOW will support Ultra Wide monitors, I know you want this feature  Cheesy

What is the largest you've tested it on?

Bring back 3D markers!
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2015, 03:58:22 AM »

And now really good news  Grin
<...>
SABOW will support Ultra Wide monitors, I know you want this feature  Cheesy

Ahhahahaha for a second i thought you were going to say playable chieften/bmp!
Hows that playable bmp going?

Krabb: Overquote removed.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:44:06 PM by Krabb » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

Speaking of grass.  Extremely expensive stuff that grass for games.  Only game I have seen try and do something for long range grass is the ARMA series.  Which is pretty much just rendering out an elevated (or sinking in of units) ground mesh.  Its better than nothing but will be some time in games before enough power is there to actually do grass at long ranges. Or voxels I guess.  That works for grass but is butt ugly close up.  Actually kind of ugly everywhere.

I would settle for ai that had the same problem spotting me as I had spotting them, no matter the level of plants.

So not work if you have the opportunity to turn the graphics settings. And it is possible, even without game settings - videodriver options, third-party plug-ins, enchancers, etc. Even monitor hardware options - simple change gamma and you change night to day.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2015, 12:50:39 PM »

Hows that playable bmp going?
I dont know

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2015, 12:54:56 PM »

SABOW will support Ultra Wide monitors, I know you want this feature  Cheesy

What is the largest you've tested it on?
Somthing like 61 x 28 cm
Sizes somehow affect the essence of the problem?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2015, 12:59:06 PM »

the light in that picture comes upper left, must tilt camera so facing lightsource then you will see the squares

Okay, try this

also, about poppy plant, i'm saying they are too big. they should be smaller and more dense. my grass is on ultra. that picture is not mine. just one example of foliage that can be improved.
This aspect will not change to smaller.

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2015, 03:17:32 PM »

Looking good. Hmmm, how about an interactive ability to "zoom in" closer to view ports?? The view ports looks so small on the screen, especially with standard monitors.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2015, 03:31:35 PM »

Looking good. Hmmm, how about an interactive ability to "zoom in" closer to view ports?? The view ports looks so small on the screen, especially with standard monitors.

[Tab] key as before (you can reassign it in any other key)

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2015, 05:08:59 PM »

I agree.  As driver you are unable to "put your face up to" the view port and thus gain greater field of view.  You are very, very blind as driver, probably more so than an actual driver would be because you can't lean forward and put you eyes very close to the view ports.

[Tab] key as before (you can reassign it in any other key)

The problem is not magnification, it is that field of view is too narrow.

Krabb: Posts merged.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:07:31 PM by Krabb » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2015, 07:18:18 PM »

I agree.  As driver you are unable to "put your face up to" the view port and thus gain greater field of view.  You are very, very blind as driver, probably more so than an actual driver would be because you can't lean forward and put you eyes very close to the view ports.

You write strange things. For the driver specifically put multiple periscopes to provide a wide angle of view. The driver does not need to put eyes in the view - it's pointless and uncomfortable to drive.

You write strange things. Can you increase the size of your monitor dynamically? If not, then you will always get shared viewing angles and zoom. if you get closer eyes you get more zoom and as result you get less FOV
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:19:58 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2015, 10:14:00 PM »

Great news! This game really deserves it.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2015, 12:25:52 AM »

You write strange things. For the driver specifically put multiple periscopes to provide a wide angle of view. The driver does not need to put eyes in the view - it's pointless and uncomfortable to drive.

You write strange things. Can you increase the size of your monitor dynamically? If not, then you will always get shared viewing angles and zoom. if you get closer eyes you get more zoom and as result you get less FOV

I don't write strange things at all.

Are you saying that a driver in a T-62 tank could not lean closer to the view port and get a wider field of view out side the tank by doing so?

You mention periscopes for the driver.  How do you access them?  Using V does not give more views.  As far as I can tell there are only 2 views for the T62 driver when he is in the tank (not using external camera).   Both views show the 2 view ports directly in front of him.  All using the tab key does is magnify the view.  What is the driver doing, using binoculars to get a telescopic view?  I suppose this is to simulate moving his head closer to the view port?  That is an incorrect simulation of leaning forward in your seat to see a greater FOV out of the view port.

I don't understand your point about having a dynamically changing monitor.  Can't you provide a view selection that simulates having your eye closer to the viewing port and gaining a wider FOV?  

For the driver to lean forward and put his eyes closer to the view port is neither useless or uncomfortable.  It would give a greater FOV and better situational awareness and it would only need to be a quick view.  He would not need to be in that position for hours as he drove.  

Which angle is larger?  Obviously B is.  This gives a greater FOV of world outside of the tank.  Granted the area around the inside of the view port would look zoomed or magnified but the outside world would not look much magnified.  I'm sure that tank drivers are not locked in their seats and are perfectly able to lean forward for a few seconds to get an improved field of view and then resume their normal driving position.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:26:42 AM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
waypoint
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2015, 08:09:02 AM »

You mention periscopes for the driver.  How do you access them?

Grin Seriously? Do you think that a T-62 driver got vision slits in front of him?
BTW periscopes have fixed FOV by design. For example, an M1A1 Abrams driver got 3 observational periscopes, which provide him with an overlaping field of view of 120 degrees.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2015, 11:48:56 AM »

Looking forward to this, as I have just started again trying to 'get into' SABOW. I have the GamersGate version so can download from there.

Great to see Chieftain in action in that video...one day maybe we will get a playable version. Even one with the M60A1 interior and sights, would be better than none. A Chieftain with 3d interior and working IFCS, now that would be something!

Anyway, good to see that SABOW is getting a re-launch. I'll write a mission report or two over at CombatAce once the new version hits the streets.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2015, 12:17:54 PM »

2Tanker

Please draw right pictures, not some kind of strange fiction

Human FOV not changed from any point you would look
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:21:08 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2015, 12:20:56 PM »

I just see the great new! Seems like christmas with delay Smiley
I just downloaded GTOS update (december 2014) but the update of SABOW is still the 2012 one: http://graviteam.com/games/SABOW.html?action=downloads
I don't find the link Sad
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »

You mention periscopes for the driver.  How do you access them?

Grin Seriously? Do you think that a T-62 driver got vision slits in front of him?
BTW periscopes have fixed FOV by design. For example, an M1A1 Abrams driver got 3 observational periscopes, which provide him with an overlaping field of view of 120 degrees.

Of course not open slits.  It certainly looks like vision blocks in the game.  They really don't look like I would think a periscope would look.  But if they are scopes I can now understand how the FOV is constant.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2015, 03:27:37 PM »

2Tanker

Please draw right pictures, not some kind of strange fiction

Human FOV not changed from any point you would look

I did not realize that those two view of the outside represented periscopes.   I was expecting eye pieces to be shown, like the commander and the gunner have for their scopes, and then have to use the V key to bring my ey to the scope.  Now that I realize they are periscopes, I can understand why the FOV would not change.  Thank you for the diagram.

Is that really all that can be seen by the driver when he is buttoned up?  I can understand why the commander risks popping his head out of the hatch to see what's going on.

Bring back 3D markers!
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 12:56:18 AM »

andrey, i meant opposite direction. camera point toward light, but look on the ground. there will be squares/lines.

also, "all things be ready if our minds be so"  small detailed foliage cover ground in short radius around tank like so:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: