Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 03:57:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Armor returns :)  (Read 176504 times)
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2015, 05:47:20 AM »

hey any thoughts on adding displacement mapping channel? could be nice for the ground Smiley
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2015, 06:48:45 AM »

hey any thoughts on adding displacement mapping channel? could be nice for the ground Smiley

We have quite enough details, from the point of geometry. Displacement maps not dynamic and is essentially a hack, not better than a bump map.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »

in this screenshot from you, you can see here some squares. will be easier to tell in midday lighting setting:

i think it's a pixel issue. maybe the normal map is too stretched? maybe have normal map be tiled? or maybe it's the texture underneath the normal map layer?

the system is not optimal. why not use one texture normal, one spec, one alpha, one diffuse. combine into one texture, strange artifacts bound to happen.

Oh I noticed this too now, hard to see on this picture.

I think it is caused by the specular light on the ground.
Ground isn't "flat" in graviteam engine, made of little tiles joined together at different angles to make noise, bumps, holes, hills, craters whatever.  So when sun it shining low across ground that has very small bumps all over it all the little squares pointing at the sun are light and the ones on the other side pointing away are dark so you get little checker pattern on the ground
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2015, 02:46:23 PM »

In the next patch:
1) Automatic selection of nearby vehicle for hit vectors in statistics.
2) Improved M60 cockpit: roundness, drivers panel, lights.
3) Restyled combat interface.
4) Maneuver algorithm changed.
5) Binocular cap slightly changed.
6) Some improvements in target selection (in automatic fire mode).

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2015, 04:19:42 PM »

Speaking of vectors, I understand the meaning of the incoming vector, but what is the meaning of the head of the vector?  Is that the direction that the round would ricochet?  This vector always seems to be present even when the round penetrates the armor.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »

Speaking of vectors, I understand the meaning of the incoming vector, but what is the meaning of the head of the vector? 
Each vector = incoming shell + armor normal at hit point (arrow)

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2015, 05:15:11 AM »

Just so I understand, B is the incoming shell vector, but what is A?

What does 79/821.6m mean in the damage line for that hit?

Bring back 3D markers!
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2015, 06:44:02 AM »

A:
The shell hit the armor with an angle of 79°. The gun was from a distance of 821.6m.

B:
The yellow vector with a arrow is the normal of the armor (Andrey just explained it).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_(geometry)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »

Just so I understand, B is the incoming shell vector, but what is A?
"armor normal at hit point"

What does 79/821.6m mean in the damage line for that hit?
79 slope angle at hit point
821.6 shot distance

3alfa
Oberleutnant

« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2015, 02:41:18 PM »

Thanks Graviteam, good luck with the new version!

Hey, the IR searchlights on all Tanks in night battles doesn’t seem to work in the “rerelease”. They are all gone dark in my night battles Grin.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for reporting the bug.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2015, 03:03:44 PM »

Hey, the IR searchlights on all Tanks in night battles doesn’t seem to work in the “rerelease”. They are all gone dark in my night battles Grin.

If you set buttoned state for your tanks (through map, placement mode or combat interface), crews disable all unmasking factors including IR lights.
May be this case?

3alfa
Oberleutnant

« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2015, 03:28:54 PM »

If you set buttoned state for your tanks (through map, placement mode or combat interface), crews disable all unmasking factors including IR lights.
May be this case?

The illumination through IR is gone. I think also through enemy tanks.
I tested it unbuttoned and buttoned. I see the backlights of my tanks, tracers ...  but no IR-illumination.
In my old DVD-Version with August 2012 patch it worked right from start of the battle.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:06:29 PM by 3alfa » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2015, 04:32:13 PM »

I agree.  I tested it with the old and the remastered versions under the same conditions and the IR search light does not seem to be working in the remastered one.  I have just tested the M-60.

Bring back 3D markers!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2015, 04:39:21 PM »

Warning! Current Steel Armor installer on GamersGate has an error and will install the game in the same folder as Graviteam Tactics (GamersGate version). To avoid this select the install path manually.

The problem exist only if you have Graviteam Tactics (GamersGate version) installed. So, don't worry otherwise. The setup will be updated on GamersGate in few days.

We apologize for inconvenience.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:59:02 PM by Krabb » Logged

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »

A:
The shell hit the armor with an angle of 79°. The gun was from a distance of 821.6m.

B:
The yellow vector with a arrow is the normal of the armor (Andrey just explained it).

Thanks for explaining it more clearly.  I was not familiar with the geometry term "Normal".  In fact I didn't even recognize it as a geometry term. Now if you had just said a vector that is perpendicular to the surface at the point of impact I would have grasped it immediately.  Not everyone knows what a "normal" is.  The wiki article explained it well.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2015, 05:24:13 PM »

A:

B:

Thanks for explaining it more clearly.  I was not familiar with the geometry term "Normal".  In fact I didn't even recognize it as a geometry term. Now if you had just said a vector that is perpendicular to the surface at the point of impact I would have grasped it immediately.  Not everyone knows what a "normal" is.  The wiki article explained it well.

Really?

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2015, 05:48:07 PM »

A:

B:

Really?

Really.  Hard to believe I'm sure.  That's why I told Chaudard that the wiki explained it well.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »

Two screen shots from driver's seat in M-60.
Top one shows one of the platoon's tanks through the left periscope (tab key used).

Bottom shows the view when V is pressed.  The view is locked to the left periscope (you can see the same tank).  I can't use , or . or the arrow keys to rotate between the other 2 periscope views.  Also note that you can see the track through the mud guard.

Bring back 3D markers!
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2015, 07:08:40 PM »

A:

B:
Really?
Really.  Hard to believe I'm sure.  That's why I told Chaudard that the wiki explained it well.
Glad to know that my reply was helpful, especially the link to Wikipedia  Smiley

And, I want to say that I didn't know what was this yellow arrow before this current discussion. I didn't asked about it, thanks to have asked this question!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: