Graviteam
April 16, 2024, 04:30:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: March 15 patch issues.  (Read 23855 times)
Thomasew
Major

« on: March 11, 2015, 07:58:58 PM »

Hi,

I installed this patch to my Gamersgate installation. (patch downloaded from Graviteam site .. (sabow_mar15_patch_eng.gt2extension) )

When installed, the version number shows ..  (2410)  update: mar.15

So, the date is correct, .. but, .. surely 2410 is not the correct version number?

I see that the 3D initial deployment is working, .. unlike the 2410 that I installed from GG .. full installation.

There's also a bug, .. that crashes the program ..  Sad

If you are on the 3D deployment screen, .. and you press the icon for the .. game menu .. the game crashes with the popup ...  

... clicking OK, .. returns you to the desktop.

Cheers
Tom

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:10:03 PM by Thomasew » Logged

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 08:19:08 PM »

2410 mar.15 is the correct version. The bug is confirmed. Thanks for reporting!

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:30:59 PM »

Hi Krabb,

Isn't this going to get confusing ..  Huh?

I downloaded the full install of version 2410 a few days ago, .. from GG.

I purchased the Steam version yesterday, .. which gave me version 2413, .. with the 3D deployment etc.

Now, we have a patch (2410 mar.15), .. that reflects the version number of the full download at GG, .. but, with the functionality of Steam version 2413 ..  Huh?

... huh Huh?  Huh?

Cheers
Tom

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 08:54:26 PM »

2410 its a build number. The number that indicates how many times an exe file has been compiled. Not more.

STEAM and GG versions upgraded with two different ways:
1) Steam replace changes in initial game (and build number to Grin)
2) Standard patch only that's actually needed

As result versions have different ids (GG all time will has 2410), but practically same content and code.

mar15 is standard patch ID.

mar = March, 15 = 2015

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Veteran66
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:35:37 PM »

any updates for the SABoW DvD version?
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 01:43:18 PM »

any updates for the SABoW DvD version?
The last info about it is, if I understood well: "GT works on a stable version for the re-release on Gamersgate and Steam and after that, GT will create update for the DVD version".
Veteran66
Hauptmann

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 01:54:11 PM »

ok thx for the info
Rlee
Leutnant

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 09:16:51 PM »

I'm getting the same error, but I never get to the 3D deployment screen.  After I click the little fire icon to start the battle, it doesn't move to the deployment screen.  Then when I click the little clock icon it crashes with the same error.

I have the steam version and reinstalled in last night, still crashing  Cry
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »

Welcome to the forum! Could you provide more details, please? What are your system specs? Did you change any options?

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 06:27:16 PM »

Mar 2015B patch, Gamers' Gate version:

M-60, Tank Commander's seat.  When pressing O key to turn the commander out so that he raises his head out of the hatch results in the hatch opening but the commander's head stays inside the tank and the binoculars cannot be used.

The loader works normally when using the O key command.

Bring back 3D markers!
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 07:27:12 PM »

Mar 2015B patch, Gamers' Gate version:

M-60, Tank Commander's seat.  When pressing O key to turn the commander out so that he raises his head out of the hatch results in the hatch opening but the commander's head stays inside the tank and the binoculars cannot be used.

The loader works normally when using the O key command.

Hi Tanker,

This works fine for me. Not sure if there's a setting that controls this.  Huh?

I just took these pics with the Mar.15b GG version ..

Cheers
Tom

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 08:07:59 PM »

Thanks Tom.  For me the commander just puts his hair out of the top of the hatch.  

Edit:Problem happens if the commander's cupola is not exactly aligned with the main gun.  In previous versions you could not even start to pop up out of the hatch but now you can get part way out but get stuck there.  Using O in this case will not cause you to go back down and pressing V will not bring your eye to the scope.  The only way to resolve it is to press 8 and close all hatches.  

It's strange that the loader can turn out even when the main gun is over his hatch but the commander must have the cupola strictly aligned with the main gun in order to turn out.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:24:40 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 08:37:45 PM »

Edit:Problem happens if the commander's cupola is not exactly aligned with the main gun.
Yes of course, its not a problem its feature.

If you look at how to construct commander's seat, it can be seen that the seat for stowed position is attached to the main turret, and sit on it if the commander cupola turned not directly to main turret - is extremely difficult. In the cockpit it is all animated and working properly. Therefore, you can sit in the stowed position only if the commanders cupola is aligned.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 11:08:04 PM »

Edit:Problem happens if the commander's cupola is not exactly aligned with the main gun.

Is it a game limitation Andrey or does it function the same way in the actual tank?  By that I mean, can the tank commander look out of the hatch regardless of where his seat is?  I hope an actual tank commander is not restricted to having to align the cupola with the main gun just to stick his head out.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:11:04 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 11:19:55 PM »

Is it a game limitation Andrey or does it function the same way in the actual tank?  By that I mean, can the tank commander look out of the hatch regardless of where his seat is?  I hope an actual tank commander is not restricted to having to align the cupola with the main gun just to stick his head out.

I wrote before
"If you look at how to construct commander's seat, it can be seen that the seat for stowed position is attached to the main turret, and sit on it if the commander cupola turned not directly to main turret - is extremely difficult. ...."
Read bold words

I am personally not sitting in this tank. Maybe there still have some options for turning the seat, or tank commanders are taken from the descendants of apes or lemurs that can hang unsupported long time  Cheesy. I do not know. But in fact it is constructive to do so.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 03:54:33 AM »

Some might say that we are all descended from apes.  But let's put Darwinism to one side.

I'm just asking whether you have a factual basis to believe that an M-60 tank commander could not support himself to look out of the hatch unless the cupola was aligned with the main gun or are you speculating that he could not from looking at diagrams and photos?

Have you spoken with M-60 crew members?  Have you read technical manuals that warn that the commander cannot look out the hatch unless the cupola and the turret are aligned?  I'm curious if there is some other basis to this feature than conjecture.

Bring back 3D markers!
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 04:29:48 AM »

the seat is connected to bottom of the chassis and unmovable, when the turret spins, he cannot use it to stand on, so he'll basically have to do a robert deniro from cape fear and hold himself up like a beast while simultaneously using binocular, etc.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:31:53 AM by johncage » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 05:47:55 AM »

You would IRL just find something to boost yourself up.  A bit O radio or whatever to support you.  But in game terms this would be bad as the model would just be hanging from nothing or clipping threw the seat frame. 

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:28 AM »

Some might say that we are all descended from apes.  But let's put Darwinism to one side.

I'm just asking whether you have a factual basis to believe that an M-60 tank commander could not support himself to look out of the hatch unless the cupola was aligned with the main gun or are you speculating that he could not from looking at diagrams and photos?

Have you spoken with M-60 crew members?  Have you read technical manuals that warn that the commander cannot look out the hatch unless the cupola and the turret are aligned?  I'm curious if there is some other basis to this feature than conjecture.

Speaking in general human sense, a human can do different strange things, it certainly.

But the game for obvious reasons only simulates only some situations from full set available.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:52:56 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 08:29:12 AM »

And your pic show a bow in the mounting for the radio.   I wonder how that got there?   Wink

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: