Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 07:46:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: March 15 patch issues.  (Read 23851 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 01:39:33 PM »

You would IRL just find something to boost yourself up.  A bit O radio or whatever to support you.  But in game terms this would be bad as the model would just be hanging from nothing or clipping threw the seat frame. 

But in terms of simulation it would be best to have that capability and darn the appearance.  The game is unrealistically crippling an important function just because the TC can't use the seat.  I would rather be able to pop my head out of the hatch, just like I could in the actual tank, whenever I needed to and worry about the appearance of the model later. 

How much time do players actually spend looking around the inside of the tank models anyway?  Only the loader or gunner could see the suspended TC and the TC would not be looking out that way if it were under AI control.

BTW thanks for your answer.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »

the seat is connected to bottom of the chassis and unmovable, when the turret spins, he cannot use it to stand on, so he'll basically have to do a robert deniro from cape fear and hold himself up like a beast while simultaneously using binocular, etc.

No, you would actually do what Flashburn said.  You would stand on some piece of gear in the interior.  I doubt very much if actual TCs allowed themselves to "imprisoned" by a folding seat.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 01:46:47 PM »

Thanks for the pictures Andrey. Grin  I looked all over the net without finding good ones. 

I understand your point about not being able to simulate all possibilities, but I think functionally important ones should be simulated.  Since a real TC would not let himself be restricted by a folding seat I think the player should not be also.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 02:04:04 PM »

At time 1:35 in this clip the narrator speaks about and shows a standing seat for the TC to use when looking outside the tank.  The standing seat was located beneath the seat he used when he looked through the scope.  I think you can see that standing seat at the beginning of the clip when they show the view through of the interior through the TC's hatch.

It appears to me that the TC was not dependent on the folding seat on the turret to look out of the hatch.

http://fox17online.com/2014/09/09/visiting-an-m60-military-tank/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:11:48 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 03:25:06 PM »

You would IRL just find something to boost yourself up.  A bit O radio or whatever to support you.  But in game terms this would be bad as the model would just be hanging from nothing or clipping threw the seat frame. 

But in terms of simulation it would be best to have that capability and darn the appearance.  The game is unrealistically crippling an important function just because the TC can't use the seat.  I would rather be able to pop my head out of the hatch, just like I could in the actual tank, whenever I needed to and worry about the appearance of the model later. 

How much time do players actually spend looking around the inside of the tank models anyway?  Only the loader or gunner could see the suspended TC and the TC would not be looking out that way if it were under AI control.

BTW thanks for your answer.

As far as how much time people use the interior of the tank... NOT enough.  Since most features can be used via the UI, you have little real reason to interact with the interior of the tank.  Which is too bad...  In fact the only thing I really use inside the tank is the level gauge.  I really want to see more switches that work.  Lights and maybe engine starter would be nice as well .   

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 03:51:33 PM »

I understand your point about not being able to simulate all possibilities, but I think functionally important ones should be simulated.  Since a real TC would not let himself be restricted by a folding seat I think the player should not be also.

But I think need to be realistic

Your turn  Cheesy

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 03:59:50 PM »

Great new patch!  Grin I especially like how you improved the driver.

I have one issue though... the new graphic settings (2.26 and 2.27) are not correctly saved and after re-starting the game revert to default value.

edit: gamersgate version.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:01:30 PM by topnik » Logged
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 07:44:30 PM »

Great new patch!  Grin I especially like how you improved the driver.

I have one issue though... the new graphic settings (2.26 and 2.27) are not correctly saved and after re-starting the game revert to default value.

edit: gamersgate version.

.. also option 2.28 .. animation smooth, .. changes back to disabled (from enabled), .. every time you start the game.

These options all work fine in the Steam version.  Smiley

Cheers
Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 07:55:05 PM »

Will be checked in mar15c.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 02:54:59 AM »

Your turn  Cheesy

Did you watch the video clip I posted showing the platform below the TC's normal seat that he could stand on to look out of the hatch?  He did not need to use the seat that you show folded up against the turret.

Here's 2 pictures for you.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128983831@N04/15538075027/in/pool-m60tanks/

Apparently there are two positions for the TC to assume.  One, which your photos show, where he is exposed from the waist up.  The second one, shown in my photos, where just his head is exposed.

My photos don't show the whole upper body above the edge of the hatch but they do show the head is above the edge of the hatch and that the TC could look outside without the cupola and main gun being aligned.  Binoculars could be used in that position also although he could not see over that box at the front of the cupola.

So the real life TC can stick his head from the cupola hatch without having the cupola aligned with the main gun but the player cannot in the game.
The ball is in your court. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:32:01 AM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 03:07:46 AM »

This pic shows it a bit better ..  Smiley

The Commander is halfway out of the Cupola, .. and it's about 90 degrees off from the Main Turret.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_Patton#/media/File:DM-SC-92-03658.jpg

Cheers
Tom
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:11:20 AM by Thomasew » Logged

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »

Please read what I write.
Practically all things is possible, but some are rare or strange.

In the game, everything will remain as it is now in this aspect.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2015, 09:38:29 AM »

This is not stowed position - the commander is not sitting on the seat.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2015, 09:39:18 AM »

Your turn  Cheesy

Did you watch the video clip I posted showing the platform below the TC's normal seat that he could stand on to look out of the hatch?  He did not need to use the seat that you show folded up against the turret.

Apparently there are two positions for the TC to assume.  One, which your photos show, where he is exposed from the waist up.  The second one, shown in my photos, where just his head is exposed.

My photos don't show the whole upper body above the edge of the hatch but they do show the head is above the edge of the hatch and that the TC could look outside without the cupola and main gun being aligned.  Binoculars could be used in that position also although he could not see over that box at the front of the cupola.

So the real life TC can stick his head from the cupola hatch without having the cupola aligned with the main gun but the player cannot in the game.

Both are not stowed position - the commander is not sitting on the seat.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2015, 09:39:38 AM »

Next turn  Grin

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 02:33:43 PM »

Next turn  Grin

Now you are just being stubborn.

I have said that it is possible for the commander to be looking out of the cupola hatch when the cupola is not stowed.  You have said it is not possible, except by being an ape.  3 pictures have shown that I am correct and it is possible without being an ape.

You are incorrect to say that it is not possible for the commander to look out of the hatch except when the cupola is stowed.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:51:02 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 02:36:30 PM »

Your turn  Cheesy

Both are not stowed position - the commander is not sitting on the seat.

That's exactly my point Andrey!  He is not sitting on the seat and the cupola is not stowed and he can still see out of the open hatch.  That's what I've said all along.  Thanks for helping me make that point clear.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 02:40:35 PM »

That's what I've been trying to get you to understand  The picture clearly shows that the cupola does not need to be stowed for the commander to look out of the hatch.  He's clearly supporting himself in that position.  He's not doing it by levitation, and he's not sitting on the edge of the hatch opening either.  He looks quite comfortable there.

If you don't wish to simulate something in your game that's fine, but don't say it's because it's not realistic or that it was not done.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:45:22 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »

Please read what I write.
Practically all things is possible, but some are rare or strange.

In the game, everything will remain as it is now in this aspect.

That's fine Andrey.  It's your game to develop as you see fit.  But don't say it's because it's rare or strange or unrealistic because it was none of those things.

Bring back 3D markers!
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 02:11:19 AM »

according to the pictures, it seems pretty rare.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: