Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 12:26:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: March 15 patch issues.  (Read 23850 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 02:44:03 AM »

according to the pictures, it seems pretty rare.

You can't tell by how many pictures you find on the internet how rare or common it was.  It's obvious that you would normally keep all your weapons pointed at the perceived threat.  Therefore the cupola would be normally aligned with the main gun and thus you would get more photos of it.  I've written my local American Legion Posts to try to make contact with former M-60 crewmen or maintenance folks just to satisfy my curiosity.

The point is the game allows you to open the hatch with the O key, no matter where the cupola is.  You get this really stupid animation where the hatch opens and you seem to be ready to stick your head out but you never make it if the cupola is not lined up.  It just confuses people that don't know this is a "feature".  Either make it so you can stick your head out, no matter the alignment (as you could in real life) or get rid of the half baked animation.  

The origin of this debate was that Andrey said that you couldn't turn out from the cupola hatch unless the cupola was aligned with the turret or unless you hung from the hatch like an ape.  3 pictures and a video prove you could.  Posting a billion pictures of the cupola in alignment with commanders turned out doesn't change that.

The standing step, mentioned in the news video even shows that the tank was designed and built to do that.  You didn't need to depend on that little folding seat that was fixed to the turret.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:53:12 AM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 03:26:15 AM »

Referring to the swing away seat that Andrey shows in his photo, it appears that when it swings out into the unstowed position it would be located directly below both the opening in the turret top and the hatch in the cupola above it.  If that is the case, (it would be logical to design it that way) then the commander could sit on that seat and the turret could do 360s all day and since he is at the center of both circles formed by the turret top opening and the cupola hatch opening, nothing at all would happen. The alignment of the turret and the cupola is immaterial since both openings are concentric, not eccentric.

The attachment point of the seat support arm is on the circumference of the turret opening and it looks like the center of the seat would be at the center of the circle formed by the turret opening and the cupola opening directly above it.  I don't see why the commander couldn't sit in that seat no matter what the angle was between the cupola and the turret.  I don't see what the problem is.

I'm still trying to get someone to tell me how it was concluded that the cupola needed to be aligned in order for the commander to turn out of it.  No one has quoted any source other than supposition up to this point.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:46:12 AM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: