Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 10:49:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: I like to torture myself...  (Read 46794 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: March 12, 2015, 02:51:34 AM »

I am reopening the old wound of trying to make vehicles playable in sabow again.  I have never ever in the past gotten these things to work right.   Read...basic functionality.  But having another go at it.  This time with my m38a1 jeep.  Just got all the ai stuff working right more or less.  

Some fan fire with the old M106a1's.  YAY!  got all the basic functionality with the m38a1.   Still needs tweaks.  Turns like poo.  It really needs custom poses for the crew (something I do not have access too).  But it can shoot stuff.  Still need to get to the M38a1c.  Which will be the heavy hitter.....M40 106mm recoiless rifle.  But how I have a basis to torture myself and try and get it drivable in SABOW.  

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:20:40 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 03:46:48 AM »

real nice bruv  Wink
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 09:15:26 AM »

This picture reminds me an old game. Roll Eyes

歯車には歯車の意地がある
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »

Just say Wow!

I remember this APCs and Jeeps from "ISABOW mod"

e.g. m113a1 with m40 recoiless rifle Wink

this is a self-propelled M106 107mm Mortar ?

They also have  81mm M125.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:42:18 PM by Andres87 » Logged
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 03:06:15 PM »

Do you think the devs can add these vehicles in the game?
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 01:53:03 AM »

devs can add much, but unfortunately not interested. don't know why. with the ip back in their hands, they should come out with dlc packs for popular vehicles like shilka and t-64
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 03:51:23 AM »

They're still adding features to sabow... 

I am pretty certain we will see some DLC's. 

Anyone want to pay 20 bucks for a playable jeep... OOOOHHH 2 kinds..  maybe 3.. OOO.  Ya, did not think so. 

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 06:46:21 AM »

devs can add much, but unfortunately not interested. don't know why. with the ip back in their hands, they should come out with dlc packs for popular vehicles like shilka and t-64
I don't like the sound of the motor of the T-64, but I love Shilka  Kiss
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 06:57:55 AM »

Do you think DLC appear out from air at the request of developers? No, it is not.
We are not a magicians.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 07:08:20 AM »

I think, they simply take time to develop. Then players buy them. It's not so simple?
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 08:26:13 AM »

We are not a magicians.
What!  My entire world is a lie :S
Nokturnal
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 10:38:22 AM »

DLCs have been confirmed already.  Grin

That's from the Steel Armor on Steam thread.
I wouldn't expect them to just start flooding us with DLC though. For one they have to see how many people return to the game, or how many new people pick it up before they can judge how much time/money to invest into DLC. Additionally it is my understanding that them regaining the IP came as a bit of a surprise. I mean why else would they not have hyped it up? Seemed to have happened over night...
So perhaps any plans for DLC have only come very recently because I know they had no intention, or option, to add DLC to the game they didn't own.

Now! All that said...The T-64 is hardly a popular vehicle, especially when viewed next to T-62/72. It is also quite limited in terms of what conflicts it could be featured in. While I think a couple involved the T-64, they were not as widely used as 62/72. So it would benefit them more to give us a vehicle they can then add on to with more campaign choice.

If they do go down the expansion route, rather than just DLC - which they may not, we may just see new campaigns involving M60/T-62 - I would like to see something from another conflict entirely.
If we're sticking with the era, maybe Yom Kippur so they won't need to make quite so many brand new assets. Also there'd be a good selection of potential new vehicles complete with cockpits (BMP, Centurion, M51 etc..).

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?  Tongue
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 05:16:44 PM »

i picked t-64 and shilka, because they mentioned something about shilka awhile back as potential driveable for afghanistan, but nothing happened. so i assume they start work on the vehcle, then stopped because publisher will not let them. also t-64 i suggested because of this below video, they seem to have the models all done and ready:

best case scenario. t-72 in iran iraq war. shilka in afghanistan. urban theater chechnya t-72b Wink
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 05:41:52 PM »

It seems a GTOS map, so maybe a DLC with T64 on GTOS? Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 06:27:50 PM »

If memory serves the t64 was  a test bed for sabow.  I seriously think its quality level would be sub par.  As to what ever happened to the zsu-23-4?  Ya, I wonder about that one.  There was  a screen of a news report with it on a screen in 3dmax.   So it exists in some level.  Also was reference in configs in old sabow to its tracks.   Tongue  But an afgan campaign in the mountains with modified shilka used in the direct fire role might be interesting.  if limited in use.  

With money and travel constraints limiting vehicles to what is around gravi makes the most sense.  You REALLY need to be able to crawl around the vehicle to really do it right.  So I would think a t34, t55, bmp, brdm-2 etc are more realistic proposition.  BUt even then, requires the money to make the thing.  Oh and there is a conflict on so probably no one will let you crawl around an old vehicle or 2. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:32:11 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 06:45:50 PM »

best case scenario. t-72 in iran iraq war. shilka in afghanistan. urban theater chechnya t-72b Wink
Of course not  Grin

T-34-85/T-55 (54) vs M41/M47 and T-55 vs T-62/T-55 in Ogaden much better and realistic in long range perspective.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:47:25 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 07:36:25 PM »

Nice.

You don't want to create a new "T-72 Balkans on fire" within SABOW GUI?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 07:43:43 PM »

Nice.

You don't want to create a new "T-72 Balkans on fire" within SABOW GUI?

No

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 08:03:21 PM »

M41 bulldog would be SWEET!  Always liked that light tank.  M47 is interesting only as so far as its fire controls.  Basically like the m60.  I personally think a t55 for modern stuff should be top priority.  If no other reasons than the numbers made of the thing.  Many different variations too. 

I think Gravi SHOULD stick with ww2 and shortly after tech.  If you want a t72 steal beasts has that covered well.  Best to not walk over each others toes.  To small a market for tank sims.  IMO. 

But I really want to see some fully playable light armor!  Or even no armor.  Basically tank destroyers with recoiless rifles and machine guns for modern.  And as far as ww2 SDFKZ 250/10  would be really cool.  yes I am nuts.  i dont care. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 08:30:54 PM »

Andrey just wants to recreate Arnold and his tank.

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: