Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 06:19:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So what do you think about the 9 1km squares?  (Read 3170 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: March 28, 2015, 10:53:48 PM »

I really do like SABOW.  The remastered one has gotten be really back into it.  At this point have played all the campaigns.  Well did not get far in the Afgan one.  PLayed the Iran one 2x as Iraq and once as Iran. And of course the best IMO one, Angola.  Which made me wish for the GTOS hooper dlc map.   Tongue 

But as much as I like sabow and the great improvements being made, I just am getting really ticked off with the 1km squares.  I know, I have moaned about them before.  But what I am curious about is what everyone else who's a SABOW lover thinks. 

I hate the start a battle and finding enemies within a few hundred meters.  I don't like the fact if you or the AI gets a good elevated position you can waste everything with in the 3km area.  Just need more space.  Now some of this can be mitigated by the land form and vegetation.  We see that in Angola map.  Well also the Afgan one to an extent.  Smaller numbers of both good and bad guys sort of does the same to a small extent.  I don't know, the ability of doing long range gunnery without feeling like I am cheating would be nice too.  With all the new driver features being added be nice to maybe feel the need to drive a bit.   Grin 

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 01:33:18 AM »

I honestly think that on my 24", 1920X1080 monitor that a tank at 1500 to 2000 meters would be too small to see and I would have to leave it to the ai gunner to detect and hit.

I wonder if you'd just spend too much time looking for each other on a larger map.

The Afghan on is hard isn't it?  I've only successfully finished the Angola one.

Bring back 3D markers!
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:50:46 PM »

Depends on the map. Sure, on the flat open terrain 3x3km feels too small. Maps with more vegetation and landscape variety are just right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: