Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 03:17:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: I like to torture myself...  (Read 46824 times)
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 10:25:49 PM »

i think the problem is the market doesn't attract many customers right now because they are not offering the holy grail.

t-72 on modern engine Cheesy
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »

i think the problem is the market doesn't attract many customers right now because they are not offering the holy grail.
The problem is that the money for the work needed before it started.
Therefore, all ideas should be realistic and should not take a long time.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 12:37:21 PM »

OK, then - DLC to make the existing vehicles playable, individually or in packs, for existing theatres eg:

Gulf War pack - Chieftain + T-55

Angola pack - Olifant/Centurion + Ratel

Soviet APCs - BMP + BTR

Then when the coffers are nice and full, go for some new theatres egCold War gone hot, 1970-1980, Yom Kippur war 1973  Wink
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:50:00 PM by 33lima » Logged

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 05:46:38 PM »

The 1973 arab Israeli war WOULD be nice.  I am going to say that.   Could use a modified M60a1 if push came to shove.  Heck, even a standard one. 

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 06:10:41 PM »

I think you'd have to focus it on specific battles though, like the battle for Chinese Farm or Booster Ridge.

It'd be cool for Graviteam to release like a vehicle importer or import guide to spur some mod productivity. At that point a lot of stuff really opens up

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 09:53:49 PM »

I think you'd have to focus it on specific battles though, like the battle for Chinese Farm or Booster Ridge.

It'd be cool for Graviteam to release like a vehicle importer or import guide to spur some mod productivity. At that point a lot of stuff really opens up

Shun has met with alot of success with the t34-85 and BMP.  Way better than my mangled barely working drive-able m113 and idf centurion from a couple years back..  Its still a hell of a hard thing to get working for 3rd party folks.

There really is no need for an importer for models of tanks.  What is needed is a totally documented line by line of code for cocpit.config.  This is where i get messed up.  Bits of stuff I have no idea what it does. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:55:34 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 10:00:59 PM »

perhaps 73 war as a third party project...  

It is a political hot potato.  But if I had a working map editor for sabow might be worth the pain.  But likely have to focus on M60a1 and T62 as playable tanks.  IF I can get light vehicles working like jeep maybe my M113 as well.  Perhaps something totally new such as a crazy playable BTR152.  

As far as fully working with interior tanks ala m60 and t62.  I am thinking no.  Not from me.  Not with out a vary small bag of money involved.  That would be 3 or 4 months of 120 hours a month work. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:02:54 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2015, 12:37:21 AM »

Shun has met with alot of success with the t34-85 and BMP.  Way better than my mangled barely working drive-able m113 and idf centurion from a couple years back..  Its still a hell of a hard thing to get working for 3rd party folks.

Does it work with the new SABOW?

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2015, 12:39:10 AM »

No idea. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2015, 12:45:17 AM »

IF I where to tackle a tank ala IDF...it would be a M51 super sherman.  But no idea wtf those look like inside.  But should be a bit more straight forward than a more modern tank. 

Or maybe an M50 super sherman.  I have more data on that one. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 03:49:34 AM »

I have to stop playing sabow and get back to making m38.. LOL. 

Now that this is on steam I can actually see how much time I play this damned game.  To much by the looks of it. 

Sabow is not IMO perfect.  But it is better than anything that has come along for a single player tank fest in quite awhile.  My biggest beef is not easily fixable....if at all.  And that is 1km squares for 3km max is too damned small for modern vehicles in a sim.   I really dont like how you can start a mission, set your forces up and jump into game.  Only to find you and the enemy ai are 200 meters apart and start blasting each other in the first seconds. ANd even then, if longer range and clear day since the tank guns can kill so far away.  You can start a battle and wipe out every major weapon system at 2km away.  IN short this is the last really major problem with sabow IMO.  Oh sure, more playable vehicles are nice.  Better building and some of the vegetation is really showing its age.  But UGH... the 1 km squares just is to small.  Sorry, just popped out of a bit O sabow on the susangerd map.

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 05:21:14 AM »

Yup thats my biggest bleh thing in sabow and even graviteam tactics.   You can deploy right next to the enemy, the limited area size is less of a prob for ww2 though but you can still have battles that start with enemy tank platoons 200m infront of yours in an open field.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 05:42:07 AM »

Yes it is not as much an issue with ww2 tech.  It still is but much less so.  Also depends on the terrain involved.  For something like SABOW I have to wonder if instead of 9 1km squares, 4 2km ones or even larger might be better...probably not.  Or even a large no mans land buffer between the starting squares.  beyond the few hundred meters we get now.  And none of that is small easy things.  This is also linked to one of the steam forum threads on the enemy forces fleeing the battle within 10 minutes of start.  Basically killing all enemy heavy weapons within 10 minutes due to line of sight all over the map.  No much an issue with 8x and more power gun sights that sabow has especially with the M60  and its range finder.

I mean it can be played around with by limiting LOS with night battles, sand storms and weather but IMO a poor work around.  And long range tank gunnery is also fun in game so do not want to loose that. 

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 05:58:12 AM »

What if all heavy weapon units on the strategic map had a 1km buffer around them?  So they can't move within 2km of another heavy unit without prompting a battle.  Light recon units could still move as is now and the circles on the strategic map which are in low visibilty terrain could remove the buffer while a  heavy unit occupies it.
Шун
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 12:58:36 AM »

Old mods in the new version probably will not work, too many changes made.
If the game starts and it will be possible to observe such nonsense:   Grin

Старые моды в новой версии скорее всего работать не будут, слишком много изменений сделано.
Если игра и запустится, то можно будет наблюдать подобную чушь:    Grin

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:18:59 AM by Шун » Logged

Spoiler:
AMD FX-4350 Black Edition Quad-Core Processor 4.2 ГГц,
Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING 8GB,
Asus MG279Q Gaming Monitor IPS 144 Гц,
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 4.1),
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600МГц) 2x4GB,
SSD Ultimate SU900 Series + WD Caviar Black 1ТБ SATA 6Гб/с
Windows 10 Pro 64
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2015, 01:48:33 AM »

HMMM wish this had the expanded size map for Angola from GTOS hooper DLC.  I think I just want MORE GAME.  MORE More..  Ok i do like sabow.   It is to bad about mixed review on steam.  I do not think that is helping. 

Yabba dabba do
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2015, 02:22:27 AM »

sim games get a lot of mixed reviews. a lot of people expecting easy to learn world of tanks clone
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 02:36:23 AM »

Alas true.  Also the state of the modern gamer.  Wants games that play themselves. 

In other news.... working on the jeep.  Since there are many little features in the pipe, I  decided to listen to Andrey and wait for more final release of SABOW.  Right now its a bit in flux in the configs.  Neato little things being added. So working on getting the textures to look better and play nice with the new shaders SABOW is using.  Hopefully new and not vary exciting pics soon. 

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 03:38:26 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how it affects the gameplay. Any hope of adding a TOW launcher?

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015, 03:52:28 AM »

IN max. More tweaking and fixing little things.  Still alot of detail to add.  And this is LOD 1.5 lol. Its just a base to start right in the middle between LOD 1 and 2.  Maybe more like LOD 1.2.

Whu.. that is an M151 mutt.  The replacement of the m38a1.  You have the ww2 willies MB, the M38 series, then the final "jeep" the m151 mutt...which was not really a jeep.  More of a Ford.  Then of course the HMMWV's took over.  So in short, no Tow armed M38.  Do idea if anyone ever mounted a TOw to an M38a1.  Although I bet someone did.  But the M38 soldiered on in many Armies till the late 90's.  In the US Army was phased out in pretty quick during the Vietnam war.  And you can see every jeep made by jeep inherited the M38a1 look for its body.  Including the one in the drive way.   Grin The M38 looked like a beefed up mutant Willies MB. 

But IDF was using the M38 threw all its wars in the 60's and early 70's. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: