Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 10:12:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: I like to torture myself...  (Read 46793 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 10:23:17 AM »

I think I stuck my spec map in the wrong channel or something wierd for gravi's engine.  Anyhow... now with glass wind shield and head lights that you can't see.  UGH.  More things to fix.

Well at least I finally got my main normal map behaving.  Ill take that at least.   

And how it might look if it where not being silly...

I hope I can get these things playable in SABOW.  I mean suicide cars sounds fun to me.  Maybe I am weird.

Interesting.  I now have the config pretty much right for ai to shoot stuff.  Sent 6 of my jeeps after 4 BTR-60s.  Was not expecting that to be so lop sided.  My little jeeps wasted the entire platoon of btr 60's with their most of their infantry.  Lost 2 jeeps and a few crew members.  These are not the M113 that turn turtle all to often.  Just need to solve somewhat crappy turning, gear ratio's, and way to springy suspension on that front.  These things are going to be stupid fun for both GTOS and SABOW I think. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:03:32 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »

It's pretty amazing what the old Ma Deuce can still do.

Bring back 3D markers!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2015, 12:23:39 AM »

In my opinion the benefits are far outweighed by all the crap you have to go through to keep the damn things running. Not to mention they're heavy as hell.

The M240, however, is god's gift to the fighting man.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2015, 01:50:24 AM »

Well they're mostly a vehicle borne weapon.  I sure wouldn't want to hump one in the field.  I didn't realize they were so touchy though.  If you want to stop a lightly armored vehicle or potential car bomber or reach out to 1800 meters with effective fire it's hard to beat the .50.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:52:22 AM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2015, 02:48:11 AM »

Now with plastic head lights and glass wind screen!   OOOO.  Thanks to Andrey for helping with that one.  I was trying to cheat and be lazy.  Game said NO!  Now to actually make those bits look good.  Well and everything else too.

Never ever knock Ma Duce to me.  EVER!  I will pee on YOU!!!!

As a M2hb gunner in Iraq I LOVED the weapon.  It always worked for me.  Never any doubt in my mind that MY M2 would go bang when the butter fly was pressed.  Can not say that about my M4.  It probably would.  So long as it did not get to much dust on it.  But with the .50 you HAVE to understand how it does its thing.  And you have to get to know YOUR M2.  Cause each one has a personality.  This is simply do to the age of the various ones out there.  It may have been made 5 years ago, or 50 years ago.  Cause the damned things last forever. But they get a personality when they get older. 

If you do not understand the head space and timing thing your in a world of hurt.  You need to get a head space and timing gauge, a real one.  Not quarters and dimes.  Not all the way up on the screw and 2 clicks back crap.  That will work with some, but not all.  Some are really mishandled by Joe ding bat.  In which case it needs a good armorer.  If you dont have one.  HMmm well it just accidentally fixed itself....   And bad NCO's will blow them up.  I know everything about this gun... 5 years ago I did blaa blaa blaa.    Look! I launched the barrel 20 feet!  Must be the gun...

The 240 is a good weapon.  But they mess up too. usually when they brake its a run away gun or something.  But 12.7mm VS 7.62 is no contest. 

I have broken a .50 cal during a gunnery once. Or I should say dead lined it.  Cant remember what went wrong. But the gun was OLD beaten up training weapon. And I have seen a M240 on a bumpy road discharge. Something wonky with the sear.  And a M249 go full on run away.  And of course every bad thing that an M4/16 can do.  Which is way to much.  Any gun can fook up.  But its usually something to do with being abused or plain wrong or no maintenance.  Does not help that when training with weapons in the military its too much check the boxes and get it over with.  Not vary conducive to really learning a weapon.  That seems to happen when you deploy and get issued something for the long hull.   

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2015, 03:02:44 AM »

So the jeep and of course its M2 can kill the BTR60 with out to much issues.  THe BRDM-2 is a bigger threat as it has better vision than the 60.  But will die with enough hits.  THe BMP1 can get killed, but takes flanking shots from the side.  The front just deflects off the bow of the thing.  And the front of the bmp1's turret is to dang thick to do much.  And probably not much to tanks.  LOL.  Maybe a freak 1 in a 1000 shot may kill tank.  Like threw an open hatch sort of thing.  

FUn  FUn Fun..  

Well, time to add the rest of the damageable and the bits that get blown off.  Sounds like by the end of the month remastered sabow might be in a stable state where working on player usable is realistic.  At least the .50 cal version should be done.  Maybe the passenger version and who knows.  maybe the M38a1c. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:09:35 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2015, 03:27:28 AM »

There should be a way to implement barrel changes. That way everyone gets to share in the frustration Tongue

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2015, 03:36:34 AM »

There should be a way to implement barrel changes. That way everyone gets to share in the frustration Tongue

Those are easy.  2 man my ass!  Right hand on charging handle.  Face on left of receiver.  Pull back an inch or 2 on charging handle with your face line up tit with hole.  With left hand twist barrel until it pops out.  Don't drop the barrel!  Its only like 24 pounds.  And remember the glove!  Or melt your super awesome tacticooool guy gloves and burn the crap out of your hand.  PLace stupid hot barrel in the back.  Get the spare and do the reverse.  You just changed a barrel by yourself in 45 seconds without ever getting from behind the gun.  

Longest part will be fighting with tie downs and the barrel bag.  Or jsut cut that SHIT with your cool guy tacticooool knife!  

You can also do this in the dark by right hand on charging handle and left on barrel.  Just twist and pull with right hand till it starts making click noises.  Reverse is same way.  Except you need to tighten all the way and then back off 2-3 clicks.  Usually its 2.  Mine was 3.  Go figure.  Would work with 2 but timing was slightly off.  With 3 was a champ.

I really loved my .50cal mg.  Wish I could have taken her home with me.  SAD FACE
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:48:50 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2015, 04:58:31 AM »

Was the barrel threaded or like a bayonet mount Flash?

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2015, 05:27:20 AM »

Was the barrel threaded or like a bayonet mount Flash?

Threaded.  THere are like 6 or is it 8...been a few years. heck might be 12, groves and a little do dad that that retains the barrel from screwing out.  As it passes over the grooves it makes a click sound.   This lets you know both when you can unscrew it when the barrel is about an inch or 2 back.  It also lets you know once you got it all the way screwed in that you HAVE to back out 2 - 3 clicks for timing to work right. 

No at all like something like an FN-mag where you just hit a tab, stick it in an rotate 1/4 turn.  But its recoil operation not gas.  So its more complex in that the barrel moves about an inch back or so when fired.  Something you see my M113's do and these jeeps as well in game. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2015, 05:27:30 AM »

Top is for fun.

Breakable parts are mainly working.  2 do not seem to be.   :mad:  Location damages are being stupid.  Not working at all which is vary odd.  

Soon I get back to textures.   Only thing that is mainly done on that front is the normal map.  Everything else...not so much.  but good enough for this moment.  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:31:31 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »

Ohhhhh shiny Smiley
Looks good!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2015, 08:56:55 AM »

Ohhhhh shiny Smiley
Looks good!

LOL NO!  To much shiny.  Have not really gotten to the various maps just yet.  Just basic defuse and normal.  That will be more towards AI usable vehicle completion. 

Well damages still are not working... a 73mm round to the front of the vehicle SHOULD at least knock out the engine.  A the VARY least.  Usually setting this up is pretty easy.  Not sure what i missed.  And some more texture work + experiments. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2015, 11:18:29 AM »

Damages now actually work.  Silly issue that one.  Simply missing the updated config tag.

Head lights and tail lights... CHECK...  

Black out drive I do not think can be properly modeled in game.  So if I get board i guess add in the little dim marker lights for the hell of it.  

Well i think that is it pretty much for AI usable stuff.  Fixed most of the glaring awful stuff.  Still some minor issues with turning not looking quite right.  And bouncing like nuts of certain things. 

So just really textures and some random model elements I want to throw in there.  WOOT.  Then make the playable "cockpit"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:26:45 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2015, 01:58:22 AM »

Just random interesting pics I have bumped into looking for photos of details.  

IDF M38a1 with an FN-MAG mounted and odd screen over grill.  Probably to keep dust and sand from clogging up the radiator.

Greek one in a stampede of elephants

Another IDF one.  I think this one might be a decade earlier that the 1st.  Has an M1919a4 mounted on it. and the helmet he has.  

clearly early 50's on occupation duty. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:18:16 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2015, 02:22:06 AM »

Just a neat pic.  And I probably will make the old school .50 flash hider as a random bit that gets placed on vehicle.  As well as antenna mast and maybe the barrel band wire grabby bit on the .50 barrel.  Just so they don't all look exactly alike.  Oh and really should maybe do a radio.  If I can find pics of the right sort.  

Someone tagged this as an Iranian M38a1c.  Not so sure about that.  Note the helmets..
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:26:38 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2015, 03:14:40 AM »

Bunch of work done on the gauges and panel.  Its nice I guess, but does not really show up well.  That was expected.  And getting a  that tan look going.  Just after color.  Still no real detail work in the textures yet...that is weathering. 

And that tan color.  DOPE..

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2015, 03:55:15 AM »

Just random interesting pics I have bumped into looking for photos of details.  

IDF M38a1 with an FN-MAG mounted and odd screen over grill.  Probably to keep dust and sand from clogging up the radiator.

Greek one in a stampede of elephants

Another IDF one.  I think this one might be a decade earlier that the 1st.  Has an M1919a4 mounted on it. and the helmet he has.  

clearly early 50's on occupation duty. 

That last one looks like a .30 cal.

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2015, 04:28:03 AM »

What the dash currently looks like.  No, not going to cut it for a playable vehicle IMO.  It is totally good for GTOS style rts.  And it does work there.  

Now back to work on a playable dash with hopefully better everything.  

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:32:42 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2015, 04:39:36 AM »

Tanker, cause it is Cheesy  M1919A4 most likely. Unless there is a real good reason to do a .30 cal I am not going too.  For a playable vehicle the .50 is better. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: