Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 04:01:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: modding need help  (Read 21228 times)
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« on: March 19, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »

Hello! Guys!

Here is my screenshot using the model_view.cmd command. How to add a texture to it? I have to convert the .DDS file into the .texture file. And places them with the .GO2 file in the same folder. What should I do next?

Another question is how to name the file. I have read the tutorial, but it does not understand. I named them like this :
m10.mesh
bump_<mod name>_norsp.texture
reg_<mod name>_dift.texture
Does this correctly?

歯車には歯車の意地がある
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »

Need to run the text swap utility thing.  It actually does not actually swap but I think tags the texture for the mesh file IN the mesh.  So run texture changer on it.  It is set pretty much like X2GO. 

Yabba dabba do
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »

Thank you for your guidance. But I failed again. When I run the tex_changer, nothing happened. Embarrassed I guess my command set is not correct. This is my Settings: "starter.exe tex_changer, users\modwork\universal_carrier.mesh, universal_carrier.dift, universal_carrier.norsp"
Texture name: reg_universal_carrier.dift.texture   bump_universal_carrier.norsp.texture
mesh name: universal_carrier.mesh

They are correct?

歯車には歯車の意地がある
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »

correct texture suffix:

universal_carrier.loc_def.mesh, universal_carrier_dift, universal_carrier_norsp
norrin
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 03:15:08 AM »

I am running into a similar problem with my model of the M60a1 RISE with non reactive armor, which was used by the USMC circa 1991.  I have my four lods and created a .mesh. I then used texchanger to update the .dds textures to .texture but when I load my mesh in the model viewer I just get a black outline as seen in yl9961027's picture in his first post.

I've also tried to create a mod, which contains the mesh, textures etc, which can be loaded using the updater as I found that for some of the mods available (eg Flasburns ISABOW and the BMP-1 mod) the mod had to be loaded by the updater to get the textures to appear in the model viewer, but still no luck and I'm at my wits end.   I'm obviously missing something but can't work out what it is - is there a .txt or .config file where I need to the define the textures used by .mesh?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

norrin  
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 08:55:39 AM »

I suspect that the model viewer has a BUG. Because I use it to loaded the official model, also can appear the situation. But, unless I reinstall the game, this situation will continue. Maybe we can ignore the situation, the model input directly to the game. Huh?

歯車には歯車の意地がある
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 09:00:46 AM »

Thank you for your guidance. But I failed again. When I run the tex_changer, nothing happened. Embarrassed I guess my command set is not correct. This is my Settings: "starter.exe tex_changer, users\modwork\universal_carrier.mesh, universal_carrier.dift, universal_carrier.norsp"
Texture name: reg_universal_carrier.dift.texture   bump_universal_carrier.norsp.texture
mesh name: universal_carrier.mesh

They are correct?

Texture name: reg_universal_carrier_dift.texture   bump_universal_carrier_norsp.texture

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 09:15:52 AM »

The path the of the textures are contained within the model.  That is why you have to use the texture change utility and load them into a mod to show up.  Be sure to add in the packlist file and then pack mod and install with updater.  Now it will load up in game and in model viewer. 

Yabba dabba do
Шун
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 06:23:12 PM »

I think those who make mods, it will be convenient to use the built-in manager programs and utilities for modding and language localization.
To enable it, you must uncompress (unflat) the file programs.flatdata and put it in the folder root configuration file (which can be edited to fit your needs).

default.engcfg

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:33:04 PM by Шун » Logged

Spoiler:
AMD FX-4350 Black Edition Quad-Core Processor 4.2 ГГц,
Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING 8GB,
Asus MG279Q Gaming Monitor IPS 144 Гц,
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 4.1),
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600МГц) 2x4GB,
SSD Ultimate SU900 Series + WD Caviar Black 1ТБ SATA 6Гб/с
Windows 10 Pro 64
norrin
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 12:04:00 AM »

Thank you for your swift responses. I think Flashburn might be onto something and that I'm stuffing up the texture path in my models. Here's a picture of my first visual lod showing the texture path I'm currently using prior to conversion to M60a1RISEl1.x format, creation of the mesh and then running tex-changer.

I'm not sure whether you can read it clearly but the path reads: M60a1RISE\core\shared\Packed_data\M60a1RISE\reg_M60a1RISE_dift.dds

I realize the bump map is not correctly formatted in this image but I have also tried just using the red and green channels for the normal and blue for the roughness and alpha for shininess but I always run into the same problem in the model viewer (see below).

Also, I have tried using just the texture name as the path i.e. reg_M60a1RISE_dift.dds

This is the mod file structure in the root SABOW folder:

This is an image of mod loaded in the SABOW updater:

If you have time can you please let me know the correct texture path I need to put into the models.

Many thanks,

norrin
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:08:50 AM by norrin » Logged
Шун
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 02:57:36 AM »

Do not need to register the way, you only need to specify the correct names of the two textures (reg and bump)
In the folder modwork you have to be created another folder (for example) M60, place it in your model file and cmd file with the command (for example):
Code:
cd ..\..\..
starter.exe root\programs\tex_changer.progpack, users\modwork\M60\m60.loc_def.mesh, m60_dift, m60_norsp

After applying the CMD, check whether the date is changed File change model. If the date is changed, then command apply correctly.

Do texture should be such prefixes:
bump_m60_norsp.loc_def.texture
reg_m60_dift.loc_def.texture
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:17:44 AM by Шун » Logged

Spoiler:
Windows 10 Pro 64
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »

I think those who make mods, it will be convenient to use the built-in manager programs and utilities for modding and language localization.
To enable it, you must uncompress (unflat) the file programs.flatdata and put it in the folder root configuration file (which can be edited to fit your needs).

default.engcfg

Thank you very much! This is a very useful tool. But could you please explain it in detail?
I found programs.flatdata in the root folder. I unzip it, got a lot of programs. Where should I put them in? And where should I put the default.engcfg in? If you can show the full path, I would be very grateful!

Krabb: Quote fixed.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:04:24 PM by Krabb » Logged

歯車には歯車の意地がある
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 04:05:27 PM »

programs.flatdata unpacks into root\program\ by default. So, you put default.engcfg there.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Шун
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 04:07:35 PM »

Unpack programs.flatdata where he is, move the resulting folder programs is not necessary.
File default.engcfg put in a folder
Steel Armor Blaze of War\root

Spoiler:
Windows 10 Pro 64
norrin
Oberleutnant

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 03:33:57 AM »

I'm still having problems.

Here's my X2Go log:

My Tex_changer log:

and my M60a1RISE.!flatlist which is contained in my M60a1RISE folder with the files listed and then flatpacked.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

norrin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 04:31:55 AM »

Odd, its generated in Russian.  That is the error messages. 

What is S?  S is used to denote dummies.  There are no dummies used in road wheels.  Not seen this error message before, so only guessing that it sees something called S_ and does not like it.  Only dummies get s_whatever.  So if the 1st parent is an S I have no clue if it would work.  In all my models I start with D_hull or D_whatever.  Which is of course the actual mesh bits.  With S_insert dummy here being children of that.

Yabba dabba do
norrin
Oberleutnant

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 08:53:12 AM »

I'm really sorry for all the questions and pictures.

@Flashburn - I'm not sure why its doing that as my root chunk for the skeleton is d_hull as shown here in my lod1.x file:

If I select the different parts of the skeleton it shows the correct vertices in the model.

This is how the model is defined in the lod1.x file

Do I need a separate group defined for each of the bones vertices as I only seem to have one d_hull? If this is the case I may need to load my models in 3DSMAx and export to .x file using pandaExporter because the software I'm currently using (fragMotion), which has worked for .x files I have made in the past for other games, seems to be merging all my separate groups into a single group when I convert the model to .x format. 
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 08:51:55 PM »

I totally do not know this program.  But it all works well in max.  Since it does not touch bones or any thing like that.  Just parent children, and axis set up right.  from there is all handled via the game with its config. 

Speaking of bones and animations... I have no clue how to get those in game.  And my understanding is you need 2008 max and perhaps 2009 to get those in right.  Who knows. 

Yabba dabba do
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 11:10:00 PM »

Is the 'Viewer Objects' the object editor?

I 'unflattened' (?!) programs.flatdata as described and got the /programs folder and contents in /root. Also, I put the new default.engcfg file in /root.

But while the 'Viewer Objects' is listed in default.engcfg (model_view.loc_def.program), there is NO program of that name in the /programs folder. And my SABOW start-up window lists everything else in the screenshot above, but NOT the 'Viewer Objects'.

How do I get that?

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 01:18:32 PM »

Try launching it directly from the command line (without quotes):
"starter.exe model_view"

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: