Graviteam
April 18, 2024, 01:12:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game freezing and stuttering  (Read 5854 times)
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« on: March 19, 2015, 08:59:49 PM »

Never had this happen before, just started today.

Occasionally in tactical mode the game is freezing for a couple of seconds, then it resumes as normal.

There doesn't appear to be any pattern to it, it can run fine for 5 minutes then will freeze up 2 or 3 times in a few seconds, then run fine again, freeze once, run fine again etc, in my last mission which lasted about 1.5 hours I'd estimate it froze around 20 times.

The only setting I have played with in the last few days is 'cores used' which I changed to '4' when I noticed the game running on a single core. This didn't fix that issue so I then reverted to 'maximum', which is how I've always had it and the game went back to using all 4 of my cores, however, since then the freezing has begun, although it's probably unconnected.

Any ideas?

edit
I am playing the Krasnaya Polyana campaign which I haven't played before, is that a particularly demanding map? I played Shilovo with no problems and I know that campaign can put a lot of units on the battlefield and definitely puts the CPU through it's paces but don't recall any freezing, FPS drops yes : ) but definitely no freezing.

I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue, haven't noticed any problems with my other games, played Arma 3 today for example and no problems there.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:15:08 PM by wildman » Logged
stug_bcn
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:28:12 PM »

I have the same issue but sometimes the game don't resume and crash.
I am playing with the steam version with the latest patch, running in win 8.1 and my graphic card is a AMD R9 280x
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 07:20:51 AM »

Never had this happen before, just started today.

Occasionally in tactical mode the game is freezing for a couple of seconds, then it resumes as normal.

There doesn't appear to be any pattern to it, it can run fine for 5 minutes then will freeze up 2 or 3 times in a few seconds, then run fine again, freeze once, run fine again etc, in my last mission which lasted about 1.5 hours I'd estimate it froze around 20 times.

The only setting I have played with in the last few days is 'cores used' which I changed to '4' when I noticed the game running on a single core. This didn't fix that issue so I then reverted to 'maximum', which is how I've always had it and the game went back to using all 4 of my cores, however, since then the freezing has begun, although it's probably unconnected.

Any ideas?

edit
I am playing the Krasnaya Polyana campaign which I haven't played before, is that a particularly demanding map? I played Shilovo with no problems and I know that campaign can put a lot of units on the battlefield and definitely puts the CPU through it's paces but don't recall any freezing, FPS drops yes : ) but definitely no freezing.

I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue, haven't noticed any problems with my other games, played Arma 3 today for example and no problems there.

Are you sure something like a virus scan or maybe some auto defrag deal was running in the back ground?   If I get a persistent stutter going on its usually some program in the back ground doing something.  Usually my anti virus software running a scan at a stupid time. 

Yabba dabba do
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »

Are you sure something like a virus scan or maybe some auto defrag deal was running in the back ground?   If I get a persistent stutter going on its usually some program in the back ground doing something.  Usually my anti virus software running a scan at a stupid time. 

Definitely not anti virus, just ran the game again and the freezing/stuttering is still there. Also ran some hardware diagnostics and everything is running like new.

stug_bcn
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 04:33:45 PM »

I disconnected the anti virus and I tried different game options and still not working.
Is there a log where I can see the errors?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 02:04:47 AM »

I've had CTDs during this campaign too.
I attribute it to kicking the AIs ass so bad on the 1st couple turns that it rage quits. Grin

Try setting the battle radius to limited and don't use any mods during campaign play.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 10:50:48 AM »

I've had CTDs during this campaign too.
I attribute it to kicking the AIs ass so bad on the 1st couple turns that it rage quits. Grin

Try setting the battle radius to limited and don't use any mods during campaign play.

It's a relief to know it isn't only me, I was worried that my PC was dying on me :O

I have set battle radius to limited and have disabled all mods, will play a bit later and report back if there is any improvement, thanks for the help.

edit - definite improvement, still a little bit of lag, especially in binocular view but no total freezing.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:27:23 AM by wildman » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: