Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 02:04:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Set-up problems  (Read 8593 times)
Charles
Oberleutnant

« on: March 27, 2015, 12:07:53 AM »

Hi. I have just purchased this sim, and the screenshots look great, but I am having some set-up problems.
The game installed OK, but every time I start it the options screens tells me that the "Video card Memory size is less than 128 Mb...Your system does not meet minimum requirements". It runs OK (I have only done the driver training mission in the Matilda, so far), but with very poor graphics, nothing like the crispness of screenshots I have seen.

I have a Intel 3.4 Ghz CPU with 8 Gb RAM, running Windows 7 professional. My video card is a ATO Radeon 6900 with 2 Gb of memory, so it should be sufficient. The sim is installed on my D drive, a 240 Gb SSD drive, at D:/Steel Fury.

I found an earlier post here which recommended unchecking "Use desktop resolution" and checking "No Video Mode Restriction", and doing this improved the crispness of the graphics, but the options screen still gives me the error message, telling me I have less than 128 Mb of video card memory. How can I stop this error message?

Also, after driving for a while I seem to stall the tank, or in permanent reverse-gear. How do I get it restarted, and going forward?
I hope someone can help with this.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:18:06 AM by Charles » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:57:16 AM »

You can't stop the error message. What's odd is that normally this is exclusively a problem with Nvidia cards. With ATI gpus it normally does not happen. I have that same issues with an Nvidia GTX860 M with 2 gbs of ddr5 vram. Its just that the game does not properly read the graphic card's shaders or something. Can you start the game without crash? Have you tried playing with the graphic settings in the Catalyst Control Centre? This forum is virtually abandoned. If you wish to discuss the game further I suggest you go there:

RE the tamnks control you can either drive automatic in third person mdoe and use the W,A,S,D keys or you can take the driver's position press F1 and then drive manually. To start the engine again you press the E key and then press on the up and down arrow to increase engine output or throttle.

Krabb: Ads removed.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:03:39 PM by Krabb » Logged
Charles
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:51:23 PM »

Thanks mate, that is helpful. I can now start the game OK, I just wanted to get rid of the error message if possible. I can live with it, though.
I will try that other forum also, thanks.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »

Welcome to the forum Charles!

Unfortunately, the "Video card memory size is less than 128 Mb" message can't be disabled. This message is because of some video drivers not reporting (or reporting wrong) video memory size. While it's annoying, checking "No Video Mode Restriction" is enough for the game to ignore the problem (except the message).

Also, take talks of "forum abandoned" with a grain of salt. Certain people want it to be that, but it's their own problems.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Charles
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 05:17:15 AM »

Thanks for the prompt response.
It looks a great sim so far, and I am looking forward to getting on top of it.

Charles
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 04:16:51 AM »

Thanks for the help, I am now pretty comfortable with the controls. This is a great sim, with a real feeling of immersion. You quickly learn to use the terrain, and to manoeuvre!

Does the "Invulnerability" option work? I tried to use it at first, when learning, but still got clobbered (it taught me to be much more. Careful, though). Also, does the "time acceleration" command work, it does not a key assigned?
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 03:11:09 PM »

Invulnerability is only for the tank, the (unbuttoned) crew still can be hit. But there is a bug with penetration modeling, a hit directly in a polygon edge will pass through. This is a rare thing, but a splinter from HE shell could result in this, and the crew could be killed.

Time acceleration should be the F11 key, if I remember correctly.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Charles
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 06:39:25 PM »

Thanks Krabb. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: